What's new

Relocating 2 Grass Valley

E

edisonzmedicine

Oro is gold, and that area should be kick-ass fun with a Minelab nugget shooter. Two types of gold and free fish in the area too, what more could you ask for? Metal detecting, sluicing and fishing during the day, and tending crops at night. Hell, I'd live in the woods if I was local. I'm an arborist, I'd sleep 100' off the ground in a mummy bag

:laughing:

nvthis

Oro is gold, and that area should be kick-ass fun with a Minelab nugget shooter. Two types of gold and free fish in the area too, what more could you ask for? Metal detecting, sluicing and fishing during the day, and tending crops at night. Hell, I'd live in the woods if I was local. I'm an arborist, I'd sleep 100' off the ground in a mummy bag

:laughing:

Who can afford a Minelab?

E

edisonzmedicine

Who can afford a Minelab?

Definitely not me right now. I'm trying to help mom fight cancer. I just learned about two guys in N Cali that had the holy grail of high cannabidiol strains. They sold out to england and moved to holland. Sativex is made from those plants, but not available in the US. Breeding very high cbd strains is the next leap in cannabis history. People are waking up and learning the truth about preventing cancer and other diseases.

Midnight

Veteran
Hey guys hoping to get advice from Norcal growers. I'm gonna be going 2 school at Chico state in 2013 moving from differ state. Gonna attend junior college in Nevada city area in 2012. My thinking is to move to Grass Valley/Nevada city area and commute to Chico State. Wondering if Nevada City area is best place south of Chico. Best meaning low crime, grower friendly, reasonalbe rent, min 2 acres. Seems Butte county is not as friendly as nevada city? Also Butte is too far north 4 me to live, wanna be south of Chico close 2 tahoe & Sac.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Aren't you the dude that was all fired up to go to hawaii and wow them with your ag skills?

Midnight

Veteran
Well poor as fuck means inexpensive land. The people I know in Butte have never mentioned any tweaker issues. There's some solid stuff going on there. Get in with the right circle and you don't have to worry about that shit. Also who are you letting on your property or telling what you got going on?

LOL, there are fucking tweakers all over butte county.

Midnight

Veteran
I have never noticed it humid out on the Delta? Check out Iselton or Rio Vista. Trust me weed grows great out there. You would be surprised how many grows are going on out in the delta. The Delta is our version of the swamp, If you dont have GPS dont travel too far cause you will get lost. It does get hella windy tho in some places!

I lived in Walnut Grove on a farm in the early eighties, my brother grew in the cornfields all the time. Don't know where dude gets the idea that it's humid cause that just ain't so.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Good luck with it all, really...

Chico and Nevada City are quite far apart...

My 2c.... It is not Humid in CA.... In fact, the Weather is the best part of CA.

It is not particularly Friendly up North... Newcomers are not treated with a whole lot of respect..

After 25 years, I can say that Northern California is NOT the place to be anymore.... For many, many reasons..... One, the Economy is beyond Stagnant. People are wrapped up in Survival... The Prices on everything except ONE thing, ABSURDLY HIGH...

If you are solidly part of a Clique, or wealthy, you may be OK..

If you are looking for a place where people do what they say they will do, I'd recommend looking elsewhere...

Isolation is something I have grown out of... Thankfully.

"Big Picture thinking" dictates that One can learn things from any and everybody...!!!! It's a HUGE INTERNATIONAL World out there with many interesting people that you did NOT grow up with in your Little Small Town... Hello.. Get a dang Passport and go see for yourself...

Now, There are many Battleground States, where your 420 knowledge garners more respect...

Contrary to Local Popular Beliefs, The Center of the Universe is Not NorCal, Hawaii, or any other place...!

Last edited:

PorkSword

hahah just got my walking papers.. I'm the fuck outta Butte County.

Movin on over to Eldorado county...no room to grow except a couple of fridges that I have setup with 250's. still gonna keep my ridge top garden up here though.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, there are fucking tweakers all over butte county.

Yep..and those young tweekers KNOW their are grows in them hills and know the local land real well...they prowl every harvest season looking for a quick score...one more thing to deal with.

41hope

I have grades & $$$ 2 get into UC Davis so I'm gonna go there instead of HI, I have family & old friends in both HI & Ca. If favorable laws come to HI I will seriously consider HI. But in the end tropical areas are not the best for farming!
Thanks 4 all your input it really help me determine which is best 4 me at this stage.

BongRipkenJR.

I lived in Walnut Grove on a farm in the early eighties, my brother grew in the cornfields all the time. Don't know where dude gets the idea that it's humid cause that just ain't so.

Its not like you wont get harvests living off of the delta, but have one of those stupid ass years like last season and you will get mold fairly easily. Forget about growing any strain that is worth a damn around here. You know GDP, Urkel, or any OG or cross. Stick with a reliable mold resistant strain like green crack or blue dream(blah!). A lot of the wine grape growers were hit with mold hella bad up and down there. Growing up near there, I rarely saw that great of homegrown being grown there. I know if you were at 2400+ feet in butte county on a nice slope you wouldnt have the mold issues that you will get hit with growing near the Delta. Growing in a cornfield and growing legitimate medical cannabis are two different things, but I am sure you knew that.

warthog

first off, great informative thread! thanks to all the contributors, kick ass! anyway im planning on making the move to the best coast early summer. right now i have a connection to a buddy in sacramento that lives in an appartment there in the winters and goes into the mountains to grow for the summers.. the difference between his growing philosophy and mine is that hes in it for the cash, im in it for the love of the plant... pure passion. anyway i plan to finish my credits at a local community school and may continue further education at a state college(horticulture/ag degree). no location is set in stone yet, though i am giving myself a deadline to get out there by june. i figure moving to sac would be my best bet since my buddy could hook me up with meeting some mj friendly growers right away.. but from your guys perspective, it sounds like anywhere i go it wouldnt be hard to find mmj friends.

the reason i come here is just for second input. now my preference of choice for growing would be outdoors.. i realize moving in june wouldnt be the best time for getting started outdoors but i plan to try and meet some heads with an outdoor op, get a feel for the cali roots, and plan for season 2013.. what i would really love to do is a get a small 2 bedroom shack type deal with trailer and enough backyard space for a small 10-20 plant outdoor op(like yes4prop suggested)... that would be plenty for me to work with. is that even possible in sactown? another thing about sac is there are really no mountains.. im 100% outdoors enthusiest so sac is a letdown for that...

so pretty much my main question.. should i start off in sac just to get my feet wet? or would i have a better chance moving north of sac in beginning/end of summer and finding some buds with a small outdoor op and get started from there?

Warthog,

lots of questions....june is when most outdoor gets planted...even early July....getting to know people takes time....it happens.....I have met 5 growers through websites...we are all in this for the passion...it just takes time....those guys I met we text/talk almost daily...so if your are sincere...and the time it will happen...as far as outdoors...that is just a funhy question.....not sure where you are at on the eastcoast, but here in what northern california has to offer within 2 hours of Sacramento.

1) Best duck and goose hunting in the world
2) excellent pheasant hunting
3) very good big game, deer, bear, pig
4) excellent turkey hunting
5) very good quail hunting
6) good dove hunting
7) best bass fishing in the world (CA delta)
8) lake oroville, berryessa lake, Lake Don Pedro, Folsom Lake, Comanche lake,
pardee lake, and lots of smaller lakes full of spotted bass, largemouth bass, and smallmouth bass.
9) Sacramento river, american river, yuba river, & feather river for stripers, shad, bass, salmon, steelhead.
10) Boreal ridge, sugar bowel, hevenly valley, squaw valley and lots of smaller resorts for snowboarding, and skiing.
11) The bay, for stripers, sturgeon, hallabit, salmon,
12) pacific ocean, rock fishing, crabing, salmon, surf pearch.

I could go on and on......for the outdoors...I do not see how Nor-Cal can be beat.

warthog

thanks for the reply weeddaddy...wow people throw there plants out kind of late huh? here in the east i have my babies out first week of may under the cold frame and plant into final pots around mid june.. anyway i do realize it will all take time and i am patient enough to wait it out and wade through the fakes. im not a hunter or anything i just love the mountains.. love hiking and just being in the woods... my main thing is skateboarding but cali is the meca for skating so i think anywhere i go there should be some incredible skatepark..

ide really love to be in a community that has a sufficient amount of outdoor growers(not over-abundance)... therefor encase my friend does flake out for some odd reason it wouldnt be hard for me to meet outdoor growers.. it just doesnt seem like sacramento would have many outdoor grows it being a city and all.. but it would be a great place to meet peeps and such.. i guess im looking for the best of both worlds.. mountain grows( or backyard fenced in grows) with enough people to make it not feel so small townish..

Latest posts

Latest posts