What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2019

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My mothers and clones were overgrowing my cabinet. Time for a trim. I took advantage of the trim to take several cuts from each plan. I put the cuts in a plastic baggie and in the crisper drawer in my fridge. Let's see how long I can keep them in there and still get them to root.

Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

Butter Cookies testers at 35 days of flower. The buds are still elongating, they should start filling in soon.
picture.php

Skywalker OG stretching at day 10 of flower.. I turned the lights up to 130 watts.
picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Figure 20-30 days, you could add a lightly moistened paper towel to prolong
viability, check often to ensure turgidity.

zif

Veteran
*lightly* is crucial here - any free moisture encourages rapid rot.

I think you’ll find it a great technique. It got me through about 15 years of vacations with a microbox going!

Figure 20-30 days, you could add a lightly moistened paper towel to prolong
viability, check often to ensure turgidity.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My dad got mites again this summer. Hes about two weeks from harvest and asked me what he could do. I told him his best bet was to spray they down with the hose every couple of days.

So I took the cuttings that have been in my fridge for four or five days. No issues with using them in that short duration. All of these are Diamonds and Pearls.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Well, that big bud on the Gas and Guns has succumbed to bud rot. I'm suprised the humidity isnt that high, but has been higher than normal with the new windows. I suspect I will be needing a dehumidifier for the new room.
picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Doesn't happen that often here in the desert, but apparently the room is sealed better now that I have new windows. Now that the temperature has dropped, the AC isnt running much so the humidity is raising. Looking at dehumidifiers now...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,desert here too...the rH in my led room was only 15% the other night...mold generally isn't a worry here...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Little further north in Albuquerque. Do you exchange outside air? I'm sure that would drop my humity big time.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Went through and trimmed out any moldy bits I could find. It was mostly confined to the big main cola. I also removed any large, overlapping fan leaves.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Put them back under the lights. Hoping to give them another week to finish up, they are almost there....
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Skywalker OG in the no-till bed looks fabulous at five weeks. Another four weeks to go and that's it until the rebuild is complete. Good thing I have a few full jars. :biggrin:
picture.php

Butter Cookies are about done at day 59. They should be coming down in the next few days. These poor things have been very stressed. I had thrips (which looks like I never completely got rid of in here), a light leak, and I over vegged so they are too close to the light. Someone has to be the stress tester. :good:
picture.php

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm a big fan of stress testing, man. If things can't hang, they can be gone, that's how I see it. It's also why I'm ruthless about culling plants that don't clone well, don't revegetate well, and that otherwise just grow like a needy, fragile snowflake. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule, but in general, it's why I settled into my lazy-gardening approach over the decades... it's just a better way of being able to stress-test the ones that can't hang. When growers are so surgical and precise about everything they do, it makes me wonder how they would even be able to weed out the ones that would otherwise show themselves as the weak ones. But hey, to each his own..

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Gas and Guns all trimmed up. Still a little wet, so no weight yet.
picture.php

Smoking on some of the Gas and Guns. Slow dried for 10 days then trimmed and Jared today. Considering it is not cured, it is pretty smooth, it will only get better with time. The joint burned clean and evenly, staying lit the entire time. The aroma is of fuel and weed with some sweet undertones. The flavor was similar to the aroma with almost a minty aftertaste. The effect is cerebral and heavy on the eyes. No anxiety, but no couch lock either.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts