What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2017

Deprivation

I like the 300 ma as well, I have 8v-300ma. I have reversed a few strains Dp, Mephisto and Portals gear. I also have reg pollen and seed, all I do now is auto because of space constraints and simplicity. :tiphat: My solo plant just started to reverse day 21 of cs application

The coffee filter is great idea. I'll have to give that a try. I'm using a 6 volt 300 milliamp power supply, but that can be easily changed. It's not something that I have to use often. Those twisted wires have a lot of surface area. I noticed a light haze around one and bubbles around the other within seconds of plugging it in. Have you ever used CS with auto flowers?
:tiphat:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Next round is all Bubba Kush S1 and I'm using all six of my screens this time. I recycled my soil by running it through a screen with 1/2 " holes. This tends to catch most of the roots. Then I watered with a nice dose of CalMag. I'll water a bit more tomorrow to make sure there are no dry pockets then transplant with some mycorhyzae.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Check out this weird flower, its like two stalks merged into one. I noticed this Jilly Bean clone had three tops when it was in the cloner. The seed plant and other clone grew out of it.
picture.php

I'm noticing what I think might be thrip dammage? At first I thought it was mineral deposits from the CalPhos. When the bottom started to turn yellow, I suspected some kind of pest. I'm noticing some similar damage in veg.
picture.php

So, I removed the damaged leaves from the bottom two nodes and grabbed the USB microscope. It took a while, but I found this guy munching away on a leaf.
picture.php

I was kind of asking for it, I wasn't doing any kind of IPM. Since these are already a few weeks into flower, I'm not going to be able to spray the plant directly. I did spray the cabinet and pots with a mixture of neem, SM-90, and soap. I will also get more floor dry and mulch the pots with that.

I'll spray the rest of veg tomorrow. I have a habenero pepper ferment I want to try alternating with every couple of days. That should at least get them under control.

thenewstyle

Looks like youve got some fascination going on! they always look so cool when grown out.

I also had some minor thrip damage in my box, threw in about 20 ladybugs and they seem to have taken care of them for the most part

M

Mr. Sparkle

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to give me feedback. :tiphat:

Most of the stuff I read said to run over night (8-12 hrs), I'll try less time next and see if it works out. I know you have done this a few times.

I have read that you want the to start the ones you want to pollinate first so they have plenty of pistils to pollinate. Then again, that was with regard to photoperiods. I will try your way this time. Im thinking i will do several flowers in my PC. I just have to decide where to put my PC so that it doesnt pollinate anything else.

I found for autos you don't really have the time for the seeds to fully develop when running the CS sprayed plants with the same start date as the ones your pollinating as by the time the plant you've sprayed is starting to throw pollen at 5ish weeks, depending on the strain on the low side that can only leave 3 weeks for a plant to develop seeds which isn't really long enough, photoperiods on the other hand and standard format the males typically pop first so by the time your females are starting to throw pistils the males are already dropping pollen giving plenty of time for seeds to form, but with CS were forcing the plant and it takes a bit longer because of it, or at least that's my experience with it.

As for the time making the CS as Deprivation said it does also depend on the voltage and current, myself i use a small non common wall wort that works great for me but puts out 22v at 420ma, which definitely speeds things up as max i need is maybe an hr or two, oh and as said the coffee filters work if you start making the bigger particles.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spinosad for thrips. Either get pure spinosad or some Monterey Garden Spray. Two applications and they will be gone.

Is this your first time running the plant with the strange bud?

I had an alibi x herijuana that did that on about half the buds on a plant. They would be like 'merged' double buds, buds that would grow spreading out in a line instead of up into a cola shape.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i saw some guy on the web calling those weird plants polyploid something bs and said they are the best to breed with cause they have extra dna or something, with a lil effort ya might find the guy , poly something breeding, guy seemed full of shit but maybe theres something to it, lookin good reeker

Goats

i saw some guy on the web calling those weird plants polyploid something bs and said they are the best to breed with cause they have extra dna or something, with a lil effort ya might find the guy , poly something breeding, guy seemed full of shit but maybe theres something to it, lookin good reeker

i've heard it called both polyploidism and fasciation. when googling both terms, they both return pictures of buds that look the same. i don't know if one term is accurate and one isn't, or maybe both work?

anyways, they always seem to produce really big colas whenever i've seen that in the past. :tiphat:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I found for autos you don't really have the time for the seeds to fully develop when running the CS sprayed plants with the same start date as the ones your pollinating as by the time the plant you've sprayed is starting to throw pollen at 5ish weeks, depending on the strain on the low side that can only leave 3 weeks for a plant to develop seeds which isn't really long enough, photoperiods on the other hand and standard format the males typically pop first so by the time your females are starting to throw pistils the males are already dropping pollen giving plenty of time for seeds to form, but with CS were forcing the plant and it takes a bit longer because of it, or at least that's my experience with it.

As for the time making the CS as Deprivation said it does also depend on the voltage and current, myself i use a small non common wall wort that works great for me but puts out 22v at 420ma, which definitely speeds things up as max i need is maybe an hr or two, oh and as said the coffee filters work if you start making the bigger particles.
That makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I think I've got this now.
:tiphat:
I soaked and planted the Crystal Candy seed, just waiting to see if she pops above the jiffy puck.

Spinosad for thrips. Either get pure spinosad or some Monterey Garden Spray. Two applications and they will be gone.

Is this your first time running the plant with the strange bud?

I had an alibi x herijuana that did that on about half the buds on a plant. They would be like 'merged' double buds, buds that would grow spreading out in a line instead of up into a cola shape.

Thanks for the tip on spinosad. I'll grab some once these Jilly Bean girls finish flowering. For now I'll settle for control, its only effecting the bottom leaves for now.

Yeah this is the first time flowering that clone. I noticed the other clone in veg has this same "fascination". These two clones were from the very first node's side branches. The mother has been trained and topped And is growing normally alongside the clone. It looks just like you described as two merged branches.

Ok, I've heard of polyploid. Usually the plant is diploid, meaning two sets of chromosomes. Triploid cannabis shows up as a mutation sometimes. Now I know what it looks like. Thanks Shawkmon!
:thank you:
Looks like youve got some fascination going on! they always look so cool when grown out.

I also had some minor thrip damage in my box, threw in about 20 ladybugs and they seem to have taken care of them for the most part
Man, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what you meant by "fascination" until I read Goats reply.

Lady bugs might be an option, I wonder if I can find some at my local garden store.
:chin:
i've heard it called both polyploidism and fasciation. when googling both terms, they both return pictures of buds that look the same. i don't know if one term is accurate and one isn't, or maybe both work?

anyways, they always seem to produce really big colas whenever i've seen that in the past. :tiphat:
So that's what thenewstyle meant by "fascination". It should be fun to watch.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Bubba Kush S1 clones got a little too dry. I had a family emergency and couldn't get to them until tonight. They got sprayed with neem and watered with a ginger, garlic, habenero extract. The mom's in veg loved the the same treatment a few nights ago.
picture.php

Here are the party cup hempys. They are starting to take off now. Still feeding around 650-700 ppm and 5.8-6.1 pH. They are starting to show their sex. It looks like I'm going to have a lot of males again this round. That Lowryder sure had some manly spunk!
picture.php

Here are the Jilly Bean girls at Four weeks flowering. The one on the right is the one that had the "fascination" and smells strongly of tangerines from the stem rub. You can see the bigger plant has outgrown it, but the clone has so many extra leaves.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So I'm about to start on the next upgrade to my LED cab and build a no-till bed. My plan is to copy the geo planter design which is a fabric pot supported by a PVC frame. The bed will be 30"x15"x10" which is about 15 gallons (2 cubic feet) if filled 8" giving me 2" for a mulch layer.

I've always recycled my soil and add ferments to fertilize. Ive never done no-till or amended my soil before. I think I have a decent basic recipe from build a soil.

5 gal peat base
5 gal vermicompost
5 gal pumice/rice hulls

1 cup neem cake
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup crustacean meal

2 cups glacial rock dust
2 cups gypsum
2 cups oyster shell flour
2 cups basalt

I ordered some cover crop and a cannabis specific probiotic called Soil Balance Pro. I heard about the Soil Balance on Hash Church and wanted to try it out myself.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I went out shopping last night and I got the stuff for my no till soil. I also picked up the eco felt and PVC for the planter. I will try to take pictures as I make it.

For the soil base, I have sphagnum peat, pumice/rice hulls, and worm castings. For the amendments I have kelp meal, shrimp meal, and neem seed meal. Finally for the minerals I have Gypsum, glacial rock dust, and basalt (I had to order it). I spent about $160 USD, but I will have lots of left over amendments. I had to go to a nursery for the peat, castings, pumice, and gypsum. Man, I thought the hydro store was over priced!
picture.php

OK, I am done screwing around with these thrips! I got some spinosad. I have decided I'm ok with spraying it on my plants. Thrips can easily kill one of these small bonsai moms. A few are struggling, and my precious Zak Haze is nearly dead. Luckily, I have a few clones of here.
picture.php

Finally we come to the party cup hempys. After showing sex, we are down to two females. The third plant is a Crystal Candy that I will be trying to get pollen from using colloidal silver.
picture.php

belivitez

Hey reiko, I made my first lactobacillus serum :tiphat:

Do you have any suggestion about fertilise? Where can I find more articles like the unconventional.... :) thanks for your help man!!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Hey reiko, I made my first lactobacillus serum :tiphat:

Do you have any suggestion about fertilise? Where can I find more articles like the unconventional.... :) thanks for your help man!!

Research Korean Natural Farming, that should give you more ideas. :biggrin:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
First I built the frame out of PVC, then I measured and cut the bottom felt. It is 16"x31" so I have room for a 1/2" seam all the way around.
picture.php

Next I measured out the felt for the sides. This piece is 13"x92". I folded and pinned 10 1/2 inches up, making the top loop for the PVC, then pinned it around the frame to mark my circles for the joints and the corners.
picture.php

Next I cut out the circles for the joints and sewed the top seam. Then, using the marks drawn for the corners, I sewed the two pieces together all around the bottom piece.
picture.php

Everything was put together and fit in the cabinet. The fit is good, but I was covering about 1/2 of each intake. Well, nothing a little sawing can't fix! I enlarges the holes as much as I could, and I'm pretty comfortable with it now.
picture.php

Finally I mixed up the soil and filled up the bed. I watered in some of the Soil Balance according to the labels directions.
picture.php

So the soil bed itself was only about $20 to make and I have enough fabric to make several more. The soil cost me about $185 for two cubic feet, and I have a bunch of peat and amendments left. While I was mixing up soil anyway, I also amended another two cubic feet of my recycled soil with the same recipe.

Goats

awesome custom bed. you made use of all of the space you have in there. can't wait to watch this one

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
excited for your new LED/notill cab!
this is gunna be good!:watchplant:

awesome custom bed. you made use of all of the space you have in there. can't wait to watch this one

I'm super excited too, I just planted my cover crop last night. I'm still debating what to run in there. I'm either going to run Skywalker OG clones, or starting to search through my Ancestral Skunk#1 seeds. What do you guys think?