What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

reeferman

serious6

yes to all; but bad luck is karma; you never know when it will hit. he had a sickness in the family and left control to his "trusted" employees who screwed him over good. reef lost most of his bean stock 2006-7 and was in canada with his family.

family first RIGHT? starting over is a bitch, i know. reef's new stuff is excellent but the crap his employees sent out destroyed his rep. no mercy got busted and cees came back, dutch passion got hit hard and came back strong, so did planetskunk.

try the new reeferman stock and then judge or shut yer yap!

moondawg

He has a long way to go to prove he knows anything about cannabis to me. I grew out his petrola headstash and it sucked. I had 5 females and 3 pheno's - none of which were worth a spit. Potency was a 6. I grew out his Kodiak Gold and it demonstrated all kinds of wierd growth.

The guy is irradic and unrelialble. He admittedly is a "former" skin head racist. He cant focus on anything and bounces all over the place selling seeds that god only knows where they came from.

Ive been buying seeds since 99 and he hasnt done anything in that amount of time that impressed me. If he shows back up: BUYER BEWARE

thegambler

He has a long way to go to prove he knows anything about cannabis to me. I grew out his petrola headstash and it sucked. I had 5 females and 3 pheno's - none of which were worth a spit. Potency was a 6. I grew out his Kodiak Gold and it demonstrated all kinds of wierd growth.

The guy is irradic and unrelialble. He admittedly is a "former" skin head racist. He cant focus on anything and bounces all over the place selling seeds that god only knows where they came from.

Ive been buying seeds since 99 and he hasnt done anything in that amount of time that impressed me. If he shows back up: BUYER BEWARE

I have to agree with most everything here. The last things of his I grew out was his G-Sus which was lousy, his Love Potion 1.1 which took all of 13+ weeks but was supposed to be a 10 weeker, and 1 strain whose name I can't remember at the moment that ACTUALLY TURNED INTO CELERY- long stalks of wispy veg material. His early stuff was wonderful, at least the sativa's but his indica's were never really any good other than a few exceptions. And when all this shit was going down, he raised his prices too. And he just kept moving to seed vendor to seed vendor to seed vendor as places stopped and/or refused to deal with him. His sprouting ratio's were terrible and many vendors got tired of the numerous complaints. Until I read a bunch of great reviews on his new stuff- from growers I know and respect (not one of his shills)- then I might consider making a purchase but IMO so many other breeders have caught up to him in terms of quality so why bother really with >>>>>tou violation>>>>>>> anymore???????

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Z-ro

i grew his pink kush clone via the pay it forward program, should have never let that one go, amazing chem/kush related plant...but it autoflowered when rootbound.

serious6

thegambler; whats your first name? your a twat, he has a family to protect and popo moniters these forums. he gets busted because of this.......................................

and no i havent bought anything since 2007 and when i grew crap, i investigated.

please go purchase from bcbd, no wait, marc emery!

"skin head racist" what planet do you come from? i know his history; he's a bit unstable but then so am i.

Last edited:

Green Supreme

Veteran
"skin head racist" what planet do you come from? i know his history; he's a bit unstable but then so am i.

How well can you really know him if you did not know this? This is old news, that Reef has admitted himself. Having blinders on does not make you right. Peace GS

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Yeah he was a skin head. He was even on some Jerry Springer show or something once. But you know what? People have the right to change. People have the right to admit they are wrong and change their beliefs. Our community is supposed to be accepting of people with alternative life styles. Are we turning into a bunch of republicans?

Yeah reefs quality slipped, and his prices went up, but back when he was in BC he had fantastic prices, and fantastic strains, would sell you individual seeds, replace what didn't germ, had fantastic customer service, and a huge and exotic stable of strains. He even sold pure breeding stock. What breeder do you know of that sells his breeding stock?

I'll tell you this. Nobody who bought is pure IBL burmese sativa to breed with at 12 seeds for $60 is cursing his name right now. He's done a lot for the community, and risked a lot to do it. So lets forgive people their eccentricities and move on with life without being so goddamn judgemental of the mistakes other people have made in the past years of their lives.

Green Supreme

Veteran
Well when he was breeding in BC Smokin Sean and Icey made him a Reeferman tshirt. The back included the Reeferman 100. You do a 100 crosses to sell, 1 or 2 had better be good... Peace GS

ps. since he has renounced his old life, I have watched him strong arm folks. So much for change

Last edited:

TheSg

Reef still has ads in magazines, and the important part is that Harmony/rockstar is Awesome~!
I love it, friends love it. it's kushy flavor but with a sort of sativa high.
I have smoked some new stuff called bubba-rockstar too, but it may just be Rockstar with a fancy name.
I thank Reeferman.
He has done good work. Even if he was a skin-head or whatever, sometimes its good to watch Jerry Springer.

thegambler

thegambler; whats your first name? your a twat, he has a family to protect and popo moniters these forums. he gets busted because of this.......................................

and no i havent bought anything since 2007 and when i grew crap, i investigated.

please go purchase from bcbd, no wait, marc emery!

WTF are u talking about???? Everyone in the world knows about him- his full name has been printed in High Times and MANY other articles. It was even stated earlier in this forum. You don't have a clue what you're talking about, buddy!!!!!

His seeds, during the last 3-4 years, are well documented to be worthless. There are 100's, if not more, comments in almost every pot forum out there. Everyone who reads thru these types of forums is pretty well versed on this subject already. That's why his reputation went to shit.

He was a skin head racist- again publicly admitted in numerous articles and interviews. I also believe there is a video of him on youtube regarding his past life. He has admitted to his previous mistakes already. You, my friend, are an uneducated novice regarding Reef. Do some homework before you post, because you're an idiot.

mofeta

Veteran
The worst thing that happened to Reef was winning the Cannabis Cup with LP1.

Before that win, when he was still hungry, his catalog had over 100 varieties, many of which were very good, and his standard price was $35/12pk. He sent out thousands of cuts of BC elites and his own work for free.

He actually read his own forums, and would respond to questions etc. promptly. C-ray was around to provide the best customer service I've ever seen in the seed biz, and I never saw a post asking a question go unanswered when he was there, usually within minutes of the question.

What happened after the win is well known, a spiral into decay that ended in a total fail.

Opinions as to Reef's ability as a breeder, and whether he is just a "seed maker" vary widely. I have no opinion on this matter, and I don't really care. What I do know is that he was the greatest aggregator and spreader of Cannabis alleles that I know of.

Reef was obsessed with having as many varieties as possible and was able to obtain highly prized material that other people were unable to get the original keepers to part with. Back in OG days, he was regarded by some as a pest, some as a man with something good to trade, and by some as a trickster. As his library of varieties grew, he had more and more things to offer in trade for what he wanted, and soon he had a truly awesome collection.

That he decided to make these varieties available to anyone with $35 (or less actually, in those days he would sell you individual seeds if you wanted) was of great benefit to me. I never got anything bad from him (luck?) and half my best gear has been developed from seed I got from Reef.

If he starts selling seed again, I'll give them a try.

monkey5

Veteran
The decline actually started I believe..

The decline actually started I believe..

The worst thing that happened to Reef was winning the Cannabis Cup with LP1.

Before that win, when he was still hungry, his catalog had over 100 varieties, many of which were very good, and his standard price was $35/12pk. He sent out thousands of cuts of BC elites and his own work for free.

He actually read his own forums, and would respond to questions etc. promptly. C-ray was around to provide the best customer service I've ever seen in the seed biz, and I never saw a post asking a question go unanswered when he was there, usually within minutes of the question.

What happened after the win is well known, a spiral into decay that ended in a total fail. ~~ The decline actually started when Reef & c-ray split up! I believe his collective stepped off & away!! He did an interview complete with photos of him opening mail with money! That extra pubic exposure was not liked by the collective I believe! I always liked them..c-ray did provide THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE in the seed business!! I think back during the "good" days of Reeferman seeds..what you saw as Reeferman Seeds..was more Luci than Reeferman!! Just my two cents! monkey5

mofeta

Veteran
The decline actually started when Reef & c-ray split up! I believe his collective stepped off & away!! He did an interview complete with photos of him opening mail with money! That extra pubic exposure was not liked by the collective I believe! I always liked them..c-ray did provide THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE in the seed business!! I think back during the "good" days of Reeferman seeds..what you saw as Reeferman Seeds..was more Luci than Reeferman!! Just my two cents! monkey5

Yeah it was apparant after the split that Luci was responsible for many of the things that were good about RMS. The RMS forums, the excellent catalog and the great customer service were his doing, and his steadiness and attentiveness were in contrast to Reef's kinda erratic and neglectful ways.

Latest posts

Latest posts