What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Sapphire limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome bukkit :)

Thanks for contributing to this thread with your Red Sapphire before chop time. She reacted great to your pruning, developing well sized buds all over the plant :yes: I cannot appreciate very well the colors in your pic but the plant looks very well grown and finished, with the buds producing the horn shaped reflowerings classic of most phenos of this hybrid.

Please, let us know your opinion about her smoke.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Joeyjoejoe1234 :)

Thanks also for sharing your Red Sapphire experience in this room, much appreciated.

Despite the slightly burnt tips, i think you did a great gardening job with her.
Buds look wonderful at the end of flowering with a nice thick layer of resin on the leaves, the harvested buds look also delicious :yummy:

Glad you enjoyed growing and vaping this strain.
Hopefully the experience motivates you to keep exploring the rest of the seeds of your pack. ;)

Here are some pictures of my first run with the red sapphire. I’ve been having some trouble with getting my environment hot or dry enough so you can see some burnt tips. The other three plants in my tent haven’t had the same issues. I might try doing the rest of my red sapphire seeds as a single tent so that I can feed them separately. Besides being hungry for calcium during generative growth it has been super easy to grow. I love the colours and can’t wait for a few more weeks when I get to see those late flower colours. For anyone that grows this I got purple petioles early on. My tent was super humid and too cold so that could have caused the problem. I will post some more pictures in a month when it is closer to the chop.

My red sapphire finished early. Made some mistakes and it got a little sick. But the buds turned out excellent. Love seeing the dark red colour drain out of the weed in my vaporizer. Thanks for making this.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Fronk

What an inspired and accurate smoke report. :D I fully concur with you on it.

The cured buds coming from the colorful phenos have a berry/hashy aroma,
and provide a smooth smoke that produces a strong initial sativa effect, to later become more relaxed.

Glad you found it mood enhancer, improving some of your activities ;) ehhehehe
Your frequent contributions in this and other threads are much appreciated :thank you:
Thanks friend!

Red Sapphire
So first of all you are looking at colourful sparkly tight buds with beautiful orange hairs.
The smell out of the jar has a complex bright savoury berry/ hash scent.
Reminds me of an excellent Gamay or Pinot noir.
The smoke is extremely smooth and light.
A refined subtle flavour that you could nearly miss with the addition of tobacco.
You can barely feel the smoke in your lungs.
The high starts with a lovely euphoric boost that accelerates the thoughts but without anxiety.
This “tropical sativa” effect last’s about an hour then disappears into a more relaxing high.
It’s uplifting and a mood enhancer when already in a nice frame of mind.
It’s a unique high of exceptional qualities.
It’s not the most powerful but works well with the behaviour of the high.
Great for appetite.
I am keeping a mother.
Hope that helps.
Fronk.

:dance013:
I also strongly believe Red Sapphire has aphrodisiac qualities...
I am eager to hear if anyone else also believes this.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hi Shmavis,

Your Red Sapphire looks wonderful after less than 50 days of flowering, well done! :) It has been a pleasure to follow your updates. What's your opinion about her after harvest time ?

Hey Dubi,

Thanks for the kind words. I have recently been smoking on Red Sapphire. Not to any great extent, but have started sampling her. So can speak to some early impressions, albeit limited.

I didn’t find her to produce much resin. Did not experience the fox tailing. And question whether I took her too soon or possibly too late. I say possibly too late because she did show some late flower nanners, while I waited for and hoped for the fox tailing. But also I am still struggling with growing under LED. And I think she may've liked a larger container as she was vigorous and a fast drinker.

I find very little smell when opening the jar. It’s a very subtle, almost musky type scent. However when broken up it does express as very complex, considerably louder, and addicting. I broke up a good sized flower a couple days ago to roll a joint. I spent a good deal of time trying to come up with generally known descriptors of similar scents - even walked away for fifteen minutes or so before returning to see if a difference was detected. Not sure if this will make sense or not but it’s as though Cherry Twizzlers are in competition with unflavored licorice, or anise. At some points I found myself thinking of Black Jack gum. Not much in the way of sweet notes. It smells excellent. Also, what lingers in the air after burning smells fabulous. First thoughts were baked goods. I have since narrowed it down to smelling like a walnut bread with dark rum baking... nothing offensive about the aftermath of a session and do not think most would immediately associate it with cannabis.

I always try to pick at least one cultivar that I can harvest and have dry enough to smoke by, and for, the breaking of spring. Something that’s supposed to be clear/motivational/functional and focused. I have found RS to fit that bill nicely, which is the role she was chosen for. Mostly I have smoked on it in the morning with my coffee and therefore hadn’t really experienced the relaxation side of it as I was on the move. But the joint I rolled the other day was for a different objective. I smoked about a third of it in the early evening and went outside to soak in the hot tub. It was a beautiful day with the sun shinning and nice clouds rolling by against a beautiful clear blue sky. When time to go inside I turned off the pump only to suddenly realize how many birds were out singing. Neighborhood silent - no traffic, no planes overhead, no neighbors out and about; only the birds signing and swooping around... got lost in it all as I watched the clouds roll by listening to them in a very relaxed state... sat out there with the tub off for another half hour or so... :biggrin: was a pleasant retreat given all that’s going on.

picture.php

Things are up in the air regarding an outdoor grow for me this year. But if I do, I will most likely pop another RS. :)

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there...

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
hey dubi, is this still v2, purple malawi x purple nepjam?

and is the terpene report from v1 or v2?

oops, not in stock anymore :/

hopefully there's another repro... i'll be an idiot for missing it...

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Shmavis,

Thanks for sharing such inspired smoke report :) Your feedback is much appreciated.

Although Red Sapphire has a quite Kush structure and growth development, and its flowers have that unmistakable PCK look, later the finished product has a more sativa twist, hence the more subtle aromas during curing. As you have experienced, the effect also has quite expansive/enhancing sativa qualities (yet contemplative) and it shows more pronounced terpenes when breaking and smoking the flowers after a good curing. I agree with you on its cherry, liquorice terpenes, i also find in most of the females woody, earthy and red wine terpenes.

Hopefully we will see more Red Sapphires coming from your garden.
Love the way your plants grow under your good cares. :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Red Sapphire out of stock

Red Sapphire out of stock

Hi nepalnt21,

The analyses posted are from RS 2.0, the purple Malawi x Nepal Jam F6 cross.

All the Red Sapphire stock has been sold out on our website, although you may still find the last packs available through our official retailers.

I would like to thank all the growers who have grown and supported this limited edition :huggg: As i commented previously, unfortunately we won't be able to replicate Red Sapphire with exactly the same genetics, because the purple Nepal Jam F6 parent plant used to produce this cross no longer exists as we have advanced lately in Nepal Jam breeding up to F7 and F8 generations and better parent plants of Nepal Jam strain have replaced the older F6 ones.

We can try to produce something quite similar using these newer Nepal Jam parent plants but i don't think it will happen in short term since we are moving to other breeding projects.

I un stick this thread from the sticky area, but you still can post in this thread if you have plants of this strain going on, or in case you have any doubt about it.

Thanks again! :ying:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Loved the terpenes in this Hybrid, the most distinctive and loved note: cotton candy (linalool?).

Mountainkush

I’ve been enjoying the Malawi x pck and nepjam I grew and was pretty excited to try these out. I picked up a pack around a year ago and I’m pretty sure this is version 1. Glad I got some while I could

Huge fat leaves and lots of purple on the stems.
Almost 4 weeks from seed
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are going to have the chance to experience Red Sapphire MountainKush ;)

Thanks for germinating so many different ACE genetics for this new cycle, much appreciated :ying:

Mountainkush

Glad you are going to have the chance to experience Red Sapphire MountainKush ;)

Thanks for germinating so many different ACE genetics for this new cycle, much appreciated :ying:

Your very welcome Dubi
To be honest, I can’t see me growing much else for quite a while. I still have a lot of seeds to grow out of what I already have and that will take a couple years.
And on top of that I’m already making lists of what I want to order next from you guys. There are obviously other breeders with great stuff out there but their strains are all further down my list than the one I still want to try from Ace.

Last edited:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hi Shmavis,

Thanks for sharing such inspired smoke report :) Your feedback is much appreciated.

Although Red Sapphire has a quite Kush structure and growth development, and its flowers have that unmistakable PCK look, later the finished product has a more sativa twist, hence the more subtle aromas during curing. As you have experienced, the effect also has quite expansive/enhancing sativa qualities (yet contemplative) and it shows more pronounced terpenes when breaking and smoking the flowers after a good curing. I agree with you on its cherry, liquorice terpenes, i also find in most of the females woody, earthy and red wine terpenes.

Hopefully we will see more Red Sapphires coming from your garden.
Love the way your plants grow under your good cares. :yes:

:)

Red wine. I hadn't thought of that, but yes, I do detect it as well. I really enjoy the licorice side of it. It truly smells great.

I couldn't resist popping another. She broke ground a couple days ago and will be put outdoors in a few weeks. So more Red Sapphire to come. :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for that Shmavis :)
Looking forward to it, you grow some really beautiful plants and your feedback is much appreciated.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
These are going to flower room this weekend.

Have my last two seeds going, I used different trainings this time.

Red Sapphire #1, was only fimmed. These pics are from monday, her canopy is almost flat now, with around 6-8 tops (will post pics):

picture.php

picture.php

Excuse her droopiness, pic taken before feeding.

Red Sapphire #2 was fimmed, LST'd and minor crunch n' bend. Giving time to her this time to develop properly, will post pics.

Mountainkush

This one just spent its first night in the flower tent. I was amazed by how flexible the branches are for how thick they are.
7 weeks from seed
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PawPawOG

Hello all. I've popped 2 of 5 that are nice little plants a little over 6 weeks in flower. Both specimens look identical, but no colors, just looks like normal green cannabis. How long before color should show if I'm getting any?