What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Planet Romp! SP3000 and some Mo, Mars Hydro 2020 Cup

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Can I win a new light with the light I just won? :laughing: I put it in the title just incase, but this really my all things mars slash grow diary for the sp3000. Finally got some time to put up the tent and unbox, so heres where Im at...

picture.php

Came with some hangers, some stickers, link cable for when growing with multiple lights on a controller, and some instructions. Mars takes good care to package things securely.

picture.php

Diggin the external dimmer and on/off switch. Pretty convenient.

picture.php

Was confused on how to hang um, with the sp250s i can hook them around on the edge, but mars added the logo to the edge over where I would hang them from on one side of each end, and the instructions happened to be for ts models so wasnt helpful, think they threw wrong maual in, no big deal, I found a spot and bent hooks to make it work. Mars Let me know if i did this wrong.

picture.php

A shot lookin up at the light while powered on.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Light Turnt up in its new home, 2x4 tent, hella bright!

picture.php

I might throw some of these plants in and start flowering real soon, got some creme de la blue, runtz, sureshot, and strawberry fire cough og from seed from relentless.

picture.php

But if they are too big Ima get some cuts off them, flower um in the other shed and flower the cuts in here.

In other Mars News, here was the sp150 vegging some plants for the karma testers I got goin, did a great job, just switched it out recently, probably use it on top of this test to veg seedlings and small plants...

picture.php

And shots from my last run with the 2 sp250s... havent been in to take shots of the current run but will get some up soon. This was the side by side grow linked in my signature.

picture.php

picture.php

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
nice man ,i have 3 sp 250 and just added 2 sp 3000 to the mix, it should be fun, i mix them with some cmh 315 W, got nice results in the first round, will see how this perform here!
cheers

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
nice man ,i have 3 sp 250 and just added 2 sp 3000 to the mix, it should be fun, i mix them with some cmh 315 W, got nice results in the first round, will see how this perform here!
cheers

Nice! How much space and wattage u doin? I got a 3x3 with a 315w, was thinkin of adding thw sp150 and seein how it do.

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
Nice! How much space and wattage u doin? I got a 3x3 with a 315w, was thinkin of adding thw sp150 and seein how it do.

My room is like 5 x 2,5 Meters , i had 3 x Sp 250W plus 2 x CMH 315W so 1380 Watts, now i added 2 x SP 3000 and 2 CMH 315W, so now wen the room is full i will be using 2610 Watts, check out my IG @broughtsuperior , you get a better idea!
cheers

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Aright Im having an issue and hopping for an easy fix... look closely at this picture...

picture.php

On switch on, dimmer at minimum, I had to store some plants for a couple days while i dried in theh space but dont have exhaust set up yet in here so set it to minimum just to give um light.
So after I took the plants out I tried to mess with dimmer, nothing happened, so I hit the off switch...

picture.php

And nothing happened. The fixture stayed on. So I had to unplug it.

Has this happened before? And is it an easy fix?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
maybe turn it up then turn it off?

Man i tried turnin it up and off, down and off, unplugged it then plugged it back in and tried, unplugged it and let it cool down then plugged it back in, turned it off n up while unplugged then plugged back in, all that. Its jus stuck on dim and on.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Well I still got the sp150, guess I’ll use this tent for clones till I figure it out...

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There has to be a wire that got pinched or a connection came un-soldered. I'll see if these come apart or are sealed shut. If they open up, I'll take a pic and you can compare to see if there are any differences.

The on/off and dimmers work properly on both my units.

dank.Frank

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
There has to be a wire that got pinched or a connection came un-soldered. I'll see if these come apart or are sealed shut. If they open up, I'll take a pic and you can compare to see if there are any differences.

The on/off and dimmers work properly on both my units.

dank.Frank

Yeah thats wut I was thinkin, seems odd for it to overide power switch.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
There is a button at the back of the dimmer box. Pls try to switch it on and recheck.

We are back in business! For anyone else who encounters this, theres this TINY little button HIDDEN on the back side of the control box....

picture.php

:bashhead::crazy::laughing: