What's new

Recent Serious Seeds AK-47 seedstock

Claude

Veteran
I know this wasn't directed to me, nor was it regarding your site, but if you guys maintain the Forum you should also maintain the site. Correct your HTML Page titles for starters, those are KEY with search engines.

May I ask why you guys had a full Flash site? So many disadvantages . . .

Hi etinarcadiaego,

I am taking care of the forum as an administrator but we have our programer who is taking care of the programing and he work mostly in flash.

I will sweap a word with him about this.

Thanks allot for your comments.

Respect
Claude

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Hi etinarcadiaego,

I am taking care of the forum as an administrator but we have our programer who is taking care of the programing and he work mostly in flash.

I will sweap a word with him about this.

Thanks allot for your comments.

Respect
Claude

No problem. I can send him properly coded HTML pages for you, whatever. I am a Flash Media Developer myself . . .

Anyways, if anyone else has run AK in the past and now, post on :)

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Claude,

I'll throw you a hybrid that I was considering developing as a Serious'/Reservoir Joint Project....

"Bubble Kush"
A combination of a particular P1 OG Kush Mom that I have in mind,and Simon's Bubblegum.
This hybrid would produce fat,chunky nugs,and the best would combine a hint of bubblegum's sweetness with a sharp,lemon-lime flavor from the Kush Mom in question.
Crystal-covered,"kush-y" goodness,with the happy addition of Bubblegum's added yielding,indica-dom profile.
Cheers!

Why the hell am I first to post that this idea is something that SHOULD happen. Holy shinto a Simon BG x Rez OG. SOUNDS KILLER!
I'm voting yay! to this joint project. I bet I'm not the only one who feels this way.:prettyplease:

mkinbuds

I love the fact that there are breeders themselves on these message boards.
I've read every damn thing I can find on strains and it's not enough - now I can just come on here and see info from growers and the breeders when I'm interested in a strain.
I've been shopping at boo, so I know I could get just about anything there . . .except Reservoir which I wanna try.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Claude,
Simon desperately needs an infusion of 21st Century into his P1 Stock,and perhaps moving into the commercial "fast lane" and developing,say,a Kush-based hybrid or two wouldn't be a bad idea at all....?
I'll throw you a hybrid that I was considering developing as a Serious'/Reservoir Joint Project....

"Bubble Kush"
A combination of a particular P1 OG Kush Mom that I have in mind,and Simon's Bubblegum.
This hybrid would produce fat,chunky nugs,and the best would combine a hint of bubblegum's sweetness with a sharp,lemon-lime flavor from the Kush Mom in question.
Crystal-covered,"kush-y" goodness,with the happy addition of Bubblegum's added yielding,indica-dom profile.
The flower time would average 65 days,and I can tell you that something along these lines would undoubtedly be a real asset to your catalog.
Right now,Claude,Reservoir cannot produce nearly enough seeds to meet overwhelming worldwide demand. It's quite a problem to have, (dammit!) but that detail is being sorted as we speak.
It's because,Claude,Reservoir really has its' finger on the pulse of what today's modern marijuana grower really wants-and because Reservoir gives consistently remarkable results.
Serious',imo,could use an infusion of a bit of "magic"....and if Simon's interested in a bit more conversation in this regard,drop me a note here and I'll be in touch.

Cheers!

Have you grown this hybrid? Or is this description speculative?

Either way sounds cool, but far away :(

Anyone else have recent experience with AK?

zing

Here is the pheno that I found I liked the most, had horrible yield. But was super narcotic.

Attachments

• ak47 09.jpg
    ak47 09.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 16

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool threads still kicking :) I took these photos tonight with this thread in mind. This is my second run with Serious AK from seed. All 11 cracked, 7 females 4 males 3 main phenotypes. Veg good, clones fast, medium stretch, light feeder in flower, 1.5-1.7 max.

I kept 5 females of the 7 to run in my RDWC system for my second go round with them, The first round was done with side lighting and not the best care, was done to eliminate hermies and truely not worthy of my system phenos.

This is an early sample bud of my all around fav, it has the best bag appeal, rate of growth, structure, stalk thickness, and I am guessing finishing time.

SSAK #10 on DAY 46! I will be taking these to atleast 63!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Might as well add this to, this is her trunk at day 22 12/12

picture.php

R

RNDZL

pre 99 sensi and serious were both some fucking real fire back in the day

now not so much

Claude

Veteran
Anyone else have recent experience with AK?

Hi ,

I do not think my word would be good but in my case I have grown the AK47 and I can tell that between all these years I had alot of difference over all these years but also that I had always the same phenotype comming back at me which was of great yeild great THC content and the same great taste.

So for me it is only a question of the way the time of the year etc...

You will always get that pheno in 1 -2 packs of seeds.

My experience!

Respect
Claude

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Hi ,

I do not think my word would be good but in my case I have grown the AK47 and I can tell that between all these years I had alot of difference over all these years but also that I had always the same phenotype comming back at me which was of great yeild great THC content and the same great taste.

My experience!

Respect
Claude

Hey Claude, OF COURSE YOUR WORD IS GOOD HERE!!

I appreciate the post, to be honest I've kind of come to the conclusion that sativa or indica leaning is kinda meaningless, and that most of the people I've talked to here, and at Treating Yourself all say what you just said. That plants don't always look the same, but they smoke the same and produce very good bud.

Thanks for posting!

Anyone else have a contribution . . . I'd love to read it!

gimme shelter

Greetings,
I grew out AK-47 from Serious Seeds last grow. I was excepting the "One Hit Wonder", advertised. I have to say that I was disappointed with the results. They were nice looking plants, good looking buds with good trichome coverage. However, the smoke to me, lacked flavor, frangrance and the high I would rate as Mid Grade at best. The cherry Pheno I have read about sounds great. What I grew was not. The frangrance was better during growth, and the stretch appeared to me to be normal to other strains I have grown. Peace

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew mine a long time ago (don't even remember when I purchased them 1998-2001-ish) I got 3 cherry pheno's in one pack. One of them had nice tight nugs and the others had the taste but not the density. Flowered in 70 days and was great. I wish I had the one pheno back.

OldPork

First off let me say it seems a lot of the stuff in High Times magazine is tripe drivel - some of it total unfounded and designed solely for someone to profit. Now, I only state that so you'd know I don't believe everything I read. :)

That said I was reading in Treating Yourself today (Issue 12) an article by SubCool who speculates the AK47 being sold by Serious Seeds is no longer the REAL DEAL, it's just AK-47 in name and that if you wanted the real thing you'd need to either get a clone for pre-'99 stock or a seed, somehow. He also stated that he grew (and other he knew) recent AK47 seed stock and it was crappy weed that was nothing like the old stuff, and that the old stuff was always a cherry pheno . . . .

Anyways, just wondering if anyones grown this out recently from recently purchased seeds, and what you're result was . . .

I have searched the forums and found some info, but I'm looking for grows in the last, say, 18 months (meaning you purchased the seeds in the last 18 months).

I'm really just wondering how you liked the smoke?

How strong was the odor in flower? How about after harvest?

How much did they stretch in flower?

Thanks!

I grew them outdoors in 2008 and was not all that impressed. It did not smell that much (supposed to be real stinky...NOT), also the buzz was middle of the road and not a one hit wonder. I grew it side by side with GHS WW and the widow was much stronger and much stinkier and way more trichs. Also the bud was very prone to late season rot and they had lots of false seed pods which I don't really like. They did not stretch all that much the widows were stretchier. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 5.5

C

Cinderella99

Hi ,

My experience!

Respect
Claude

Claude....Much respect, but please tell me you aren't going to invoke that "there's a pheno in every pack" nonsense...Back in the day (read 10 years ago) folks counted on half the phenos being great ;)

Have folks become that much more picky or are we lowering expectations here?

AK was/is some fire.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did a run of AK-47 back in early 2000 aswell and was not impressed at all great yielder but the smoke was very average,,,But late last year i tried some AK-47 from an old friend who didnt say much about it just that he had been growing it for a very very long time, i liked it much better than the previous stuff i tried...

Hampsterdam

Claude,
Simon desperately needs an infusion of 21st Century into his P1 Stock,and perhaps moving into the commercial "fast lane" and developing,say,a Kush-based hybrid or two wouldn't be a bad idea at all....?

"Bubble Kush"
The flower time would average 65 days,and I can tell you that something along these lines would undoubtedly be a real asset to your catalog.
Right now,Claude,Reservoir cannot produce nearly enough seeds to meet overwhelming worldwide demand. It's quite a problem to have, (dammit!) but that detail is being sorted as we speak.
It's because,Claude,Reservoir really has its' finger on the pulse of what today's modern marijuana grower really wants-and because Reservoir gives consistently remarkable results.
Serious',imo,could use an infusion of a bit of "magic"....and if Simon's interested in a bit more conversation in this regard,drop me a note here and I'll be in touch.

Cheers!

Nobody touched this so wtf.

The day serious seeds comes out with a "kush" strain is the day they change the name from serious seeds to trendy seeds. Personally I don't want to be smoking the same shit that a bunch of clueless rappers rap about.

There are some great new strains out there, but I'm sorry most can't hold a candle to the legends. I hate gimmicks and I hate trends. I screamed when I saw that serious were offering feminized seeds.

I have just lost all respect for resevior. Internet hype is a force to be reckoned with, but in the end only the legends will be remembered. What was the flavor of the month in 2002? Yeah I can't remember either.

BTW you looked so WEAK when claude put you in your place! It may help to have sold the amount of seeds that serious has before you give them business tips.

Being humble goes a long way in this biz instead of sounding like a 12 year old kid because its posts like those that made you lose mine and others money.:covereyes:

sutra1

I plan on growing AK-47 in my outdoor garden this season. Grew it many years ago and think very highly (pun intended) of this strain. It'll be growing next to White Russian, MLI, & Satori. Much respect for Serious.................

Latest posts

Latest posts