What's new

Really Cool Quotes

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“There is beauty in truth, even if it’s painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don’t teach anything, help anything, fix anything or cure anything. Nor do they develop one’s character, one’s mind, one’s heart or one’s soul.”
~ José N. Harris

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Only the man who has had to face despair is really convinced that he needs mercy. Those who do not want mercy never seek it. It is better to find God on the threshold of despair than to risk our lives in a complacency that has never felt the need of forgiveness. A life that is without problems may literally be more hopeless than one that always verges on despair.”
― Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“God, Who is everywhere, never leaves us. Yet He seems sometimes to be present, sometimes to be absent. If we do not know Him well, we do not realize that He may be more present to us when He is absent than when He is present.”

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“God has left sin in the world in order that there may be forgiveness: not only the secret forgiveness by which He Himself cleanses our souls, but the manifest forgiveness by which we have mercy on one another and so give expression to the fact that He is living, by His mercy, in our own hearts.”

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Today, we need a special kind of courage. Not the kind needed in war, but a kind that makes us stand up for everything we know is right - everything that is true and honest. We need the kind of courage that can withstand the corruption of the cynics (media)."
- Queen Elizabeth 1957

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
“Only the man who has had to face despair is really convinced that he needs mercy. Those who do not want mercy never seek it. It is better to find God on the threshold of despair than to risk our lives in a complacency that has never felt the need of forgiveness. A life that is without problems may literally be more hopeless than one that always verges on despair.”
“God, Who is everywhere, never leaves us. Yet He seems sometimes to be present, sometimes to be absent. If we do not know Him well, we do not realize that He may be more present to us when He is absent than when He is present.”
You seem to be on a roll. Footprints in the sand...

“Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You’d walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.”

I have that on a plaque, the only thing that was totally unscathed from the fire.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
iu

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ecclesiastes 4:9

“Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their work" Ecclesiastes 4:9 Peanut Butter and Jelly go together. Many foods go together, and we think of them that way: chips and dip, burgers and fries, Bacon and eggs, apple pie and ice cream, bagels and cream cheese.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those that want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit." - Phillip Pullman, in "The Subtle Knife"

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"the oppressor must be liberated just as surely as the oppressed. a man who takes away another mans freedom is a prisoner of hatred, he is locked behind the bars of prejudice and narrow-mindedness...the oppressed and the oppressor alike are robbed of their humanity." - Nelson Mandela

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"people never move toward revolution; they are pushed toward it by intolerable injustices in the economic and social order under which they live." - Suzanne La Follette

armedoldhippy

Veteran
" we did not wait to be invited to participate. we did not wait to be given power, knowing that marginalized communities rarely are given such power. we took it." - Pramila Jayapal

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world."
Muhammad Ali

Latest posts

Latest posts