What's new

Really Cool Quotes

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
― George Orwell -Animal Farm

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“I've forgotten most of what I've read and, frankly, it never seemed very important to me or to the world.”
― Leonard Cohen,

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Life is a temporary stop, death is the journey home.
– Vietnamese Proverb

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without rewards or punishment after I am dead.
-Kurt Vonnegut

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.”
Thomas Jefferson

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jews made up “80 to 85 percent of the first government of the Soviet Union
Vladimir Putin

Muleskinner

Veteran
"You can't free yourself from a jail you don't know you're in"
-Ram Dass

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
-Ben Franklin-

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

Muleskinner

Veteran
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
-Yoda

“If you’re not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“More important that finding the truth –
is finding the reason why one needs to lie.”
― Mystqx Skye

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Almost being broke and actually being broke are two entirely different things -
Vladmir Putin

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived and dishonest--but the myth--persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
President John F Kennedy

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Only in winter can you tell which trees are truly green. Only when the winds of adversity blow can you tell whether an individual or a country has steadfastness.”
President John F Kennedy

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
AVvXsEgEAdacCesMBbeaSY8od_8skB70j1Ebkafx4AhSs5GPKCTbF_tnOpfLTZ3QQP562edTjENFbcEo91BSxLcPZvbi3Z...jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments."
Ludwig Von Mises

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those who call themselves 'liberals' today are asking for policies which are precisely the opposite of those policies which the liberals of the nineteenth century advocated in their liberal programs. The so-called liberals of today have the very popular idea that freedom of speech, of thought, of the press, freedom of religion, freedom from imprisonment without trial -- that all these freedoms can be preserved in the absence of what is called economic freedom. They do not realize that, in a system where there is no market, where the government directs everything, all those other freedoms are illusory, even if they are made into laws and written up in constitutions.
Ludwig Von Mises