What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry. ~ Winston Churchill

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Those who won our independence believed that the final end of the state was to make men free to develop their faculties; and that in its government the deliberative forces should prevail over the arbitrary. They valued liberty both as an end and as a means. They believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty. They believed that freedom to think as you will and to speak as you think are means indispensable to the discovery and spread of political truth; that without free speech and assembly discussion would be futile; that with them, discussion affords ordinarily adequate protection against the dissemination of noxious doctrine; that the greatest menace to freedom is an inert people; that public discussion is a political duty; and that this should be a fundamental principle of the American government.”
― Louis D. Brandeis

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“I live in Alexandria, Virginia. Near the Supreme Court chambers is a toll bridge across the Potomac. When in a rush, I pay the dollar toll and get home early. However, I usually drive outside the downtown section of the city and cross the Potomac on a free bridge. This bridge was placed outside the downtown Washington, DC area to serve a useful social service, getting drivers to drive the extra mile and help alleviate congestion during the rush hour. If I went over the toll bridge and through the barrier without paying the toll, I would be committing tax evasion ... If, however, I drive the extra mile and drive outside the city of Washington to the free bridge, I am using a legitimate, logical and suitable method of tax avoidance, and am performing a useful social service by doing so. For my tax evasion, I should be punished. For my tax avoidance, I should be commended. The tragedy of life today is that so few people know that the free bridge even exists.”
― Louis Dembitz Brandeis

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers."

Plato

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
′′One young devil asked the old man: "How did you manage to bring so many souls to hell?" The old devil answered: "I instilled fear in them!" Answers the youngster: "Great job!
And what were they afraid of? Wars? Hunger?" Answers the man: "No, they were afraid of the disease!" For this youngster: "Does this mean they didn't get sick? Are they not dead? There was no rescue for them?"
The old man answered: "but no . . . they got sick, died, and the rescue was there." The young devil, surprised, answered: "Then I don't understand???" The old man answered: "You know they believed the only thing they have to keep at any cost is their lives.
They stopped hugging, greeting each other. They've moved away from each other. They gave up all social contacts and everything that was human! Later they ran out of money, lost their jobs, but that was their choice because they were afraid for their lives, that's why they quit their jobs without even having bread.
They believed blindly everything they heard and read in the papers.
They gave up their freedoms, they didn't leave their own homes literally anywhere. They stopped visiting family and friends.
The world turned into such a concentration camp, without forcing them into captivity.
They accepted everything!!!
Just to live at least one more miserable day . . . And so living, they died every day!!! And that's how it was very easy for me to take their miserable souls to hell….. ′′

C.S. Lewis in 1942 - Old Devil's Letters To Young

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
— Benjamin Franklin

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in "Metcalfe's law" – which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants – becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine. – Paul Krugman, 1998The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in "Metcalfe's law" – which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants – becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine. – Paul Krugman, 1998The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in "Metcalfe's law" – which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants – becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine. – Paul Krugman, 1998

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can all go to hell. As for me, I will go to Texas..............Davy Crockett

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"

Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
“” Everybody has a plan until there punched in the face “”” = Mike Tyson,,,,s2

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"We are not retreating we are just advancing in another direction".
General Douglas MacArthur

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog: 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'
~ Eleanor Roosevelt~

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Government is not the solution to our problem... government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring classes of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.” . . . “We are in danger of being overwhelmed with irredeemable paper, mere paper, representing not gold nor silver; no sir, representing nothing but broken promises, bad faith, bankrupt corporations, cheated creditors and a ruined people.” – Daniel Webster, circa 1845, leading American statesman

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?
Patrick Henry

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Winston Churchill

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Curious about what made our nation so great and determined to discover what it was, the brilliant French philosopher Alexis de Tocqueville set out in 1831 to tour America. He found that it was not our natural resources, ingenuity, nor wealth. He wrote, “Not until I went into the churches of America and heard the pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." (Democracy in America, 1835) His words echo what Solomon said so long ago, “Righteousness exalts a nation.”

Latest posts

Latest posts