What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

chilliwilli

Waterboy
file.png

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't compare yourself with other people; compare yourself with who you were yesterday.
Jordan Peterson

right

Freedom is a fragile thing and it's never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by way of inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation.
Ronald Reagan

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Prosperity is only an instrument to be used, not a deity to be worshipped."
Calvin Coolidge
(1872-1933)

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do."
Dale Carnegie

JKD

Veteran
Write drunk and edit sober.
Unknown.
Falsely credited as Ernest Hemingway.
Originally from Peter De Vries’ novel “Reuben, Reuben”:

“Sometimes I write drunk and revise sober, and sometimes I write sober and revise drunk. But you have to have both elements in creation — the Apollonian and the Dionysian, or spontaneity and restraint, emotion and discipline”

right

Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there.

Tom joad
Write by
Steinbeck

Dime

Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.
Mao Zedong

The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
Mark Twain

You can't get good Chinese takeout in China and Cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That's all you need to know about communism.
P. J. O'Rourke

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”
― Frédéric Bastiat, French economist

right

gonzo journalism, a style of reporting that places the reporter at the centre of the story in a highly personal and participatory way. The gonzo journalist relays facts in a subjective manner and typically employs satire, hyperbole, scathing critique, and shocking descriptions as part of the story.

This is a Hunter S .Thompson de