What's new

Real Life - contribute freely

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus spilled its load in New York. Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazed, bewildered, surprised, dumbfounded, flabbergasted, confounded, astonished, and numbed.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1705708785470.png

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What if learning to play music, work with clay, stone, wood and paint; to read unfettered, were stressed in teaching children as much as math and social construct? Would we have a more peaceful world, country, neighborhood, internet?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
What if learning to play music, work with clay, stone, wood and paint; to read unfettered, were stressed in teaching children as much as math and social construct? Would we have a more peaceful world, country, neighborhood, internet?
it couldn't hurt to try, could it? :cool: what we're doing now aint working. what was it that Einstein said about the first sign of insanity ? :unsure:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Last year, I had a life-changing experience at 90 years old. I went to space, after decades of playing an iconic science-fiction character who was exploring the universe. I thought I would experience a deep connection with the immensity around us, a deep call for endless exploration.

"I was absolutely wrong. The strongest feeling, that dominated everything else by far, was the deepest grief that I had ever experienced.
"I understood, in the clearest possible way, that we were living on a tiny oasis of life, surrounded by an immensity of death. I didn’t see infinite possibilities of worlds to explore, of adventures to have, or living creatures to connect with. I saw the deepest darkness I could have ever imagined, contrasting so starkly with the welcoming warmth of our nurturing home planet.

"This was an immensely powerful awakening for me. It filled me with sadness. I realized that we had spent decades, if not centuries, being obsessed with looking away, with looking outside. I did my share in popularizing the idea that space was the final frontier. But I had to get to space to understand that Earth is and will stay our only home. And that we have been ravaging it, relentlessly, making it uninhabitable."

~ William Shatner

armedoldhippy

Veteran
been a rough week. froze my hands off the first two days at work. spent wednesday blissfully ignorant that it was Valentines Day. :eek: survived that, worked today and everything went wonderful right up to quitting time when i mashed my thumb with a hammer to the point of blood spurting.:oops: wife called, son was driving my truck on his first day on a job, motor died, won't start, WITH a customer with him. :shucks: went and jumped it off (after mucho PITA.) was on way to have battery/alternator checked, phone call. 93 yr old aunt passed away today. :( guy at parts place said "got good news and bad news. good news is your alternator is working perfectly. bad news is your battery is toast, and it'll be $230 installed..." :confused: then he said "more GOOD news though. the battery is $350 less than the cost of an alternator not counting a mechanic to install it..." and he's right. (y) plus, tomorrow is Friday, two days off and i get to do it all over again! yay! "living on the sunny side of the mountain" :dance013:

buzzmobile

Veteran
been a rough week. froze my hands off the first two days at work. spent wednesday blissfully ignorant that it was Valentines Day. :eek: survived that, worked today and everything went wonderful right up to quitting time when i mashed my thumb with a hammer to the point of blood spurting.:oops: wife called, son was driving my truck on his first day on a job, motor died, won't start, WITH a customer with him. :shucks: went and jumped it off (after mucho PITA.) was on way to have battery/alternator checked, phone call. 93 yr old aunt passed away today. :( guy at parts place said "got good news and bad news. good news is your alternator is working perfectly. bad news is your battery is toast, and it'll be $230 installed..." :confused: then he said "more GOOD news though. the battery is $350 less than the cost of an alternator not counting a mechanic to install it..." and he's right. (y) plus, tomorrow is Friday, two days off and i get to do it all over again! yay! "living on the sunny side of the mountain" :dance013:
Damnit, Man! Surviving VD and a smashed thumb with a touch of dead battery is a triple knife twisting kind of bad day.

How is your icemaker?

You deserve a couple of good days.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Damnit, Man! Surviving VD and a smashed thumb with a touch of dead battery is a triple knife twisting kind of bad day.

How is your icemaker?

You deserve a couple of good days.
odd that you mention the icemaker. IT is working, but it quit dispensing cold water the other day. :unsure: did i forget to tell you that one of the heating elements on my hot water heater has died? which is actually a good thing, because i'm having an issue right now with a -very- slow draining problem. if anyone takes a long shower, water backs up through the downstairs toilet and floods the basement. in this case, having a LOT of hot water at your fingertips would be counter-productive...i think i'm gonna roll up another one and let the shit just slide off. :poop: looking at maybe shrooming tomorrow to kind of balm the rough spots chapping my ass...:smoke:

buzzmobile

Veteran
odd that you mention the icemaker. IT is working, but it quit dispensing cold water the other day. :unsure: did i forget to tell you that one of the heating elements on my hot water heater has died? which is actually a good thing, because i'm having an issue right now with a -very- slow draining problem. if anyone takes a long shower, water backs up through the downstairs toilet and floods the basement. in this case, having a LOT of hot water at your fingertips would be counter-productive...i think i'm gonna roll up another one and let the shit just slide off. :poop: looking at maybe shrooming tomorrow to kind of balm the rough spots chapping my ass...:smoke:

hang-in-there-v0-clqpko297ku81.jpg

May today be better. Hang in there.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
May today be better. Hang in there.
yesterday ended well. (y) went out to eat, great food, no arguments, no car wrecks on way home. slept well and woke up in relatively good shape. just scorched a small one to harden myself for the bi-weekly grocery shopping Bataan death march. i would rather be beaten with mop handles, actually..."be positive, be positive...ommmm"

buzzmobile

Veteran
yesterday ended well. (y) went out to eat, great food, no arguments, no car wrecks on way home. slept well and woke up in relatively good shape. just scorched a small one to harden myself for the bi-weekly grocery shopping Bataan death march. i would rather be beaten with mop handles, actually..."be positive, be positive...ommmm"
Grocery shopping on a Saturday is bad joojoo. A small scorched one should counteract your timing.
Be sure to check the eggs for cracks.

Good thing yesterday ended well.
:D