What's new

Real Life - contribute freely

NewbOldster

people too are affected by the "small dog" syndrome. :)
Seems like the smallest guys are the ones with the biggest mouths, don't it?
I'm not a tiny guy (and my pickup ain't all jacked up, either).

I'm more like that big old laid back 100 lb. German Shepard - I'll be your friend and show you love, unless'n ya' force me to hurt ya'. Then I don't play. :cool:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
what's up with that shit, anyway? i see the damn things rolling around that look fucking ridiculous. jeep owners are not immune to that brand of stupidity either. they jack them up, buy huge tires, take the fenders off "for more ground/tire clearance", then never take them off road. WTF? :dunno::snap out of it:
I saw one tip over making a left turn at an intersection. We couldn't move when the light changed bc we were laughing too hard to drive. All that money and work so they could be THAT AH. 🤣

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I saw one tip over making a left turn at an intersection. We couldn't move when the light changed bc we were laughing too hard to drive. All that money and work so they could be THAT AH. 🤣
there's a bozo in Johnson City that put such big tires on his that he can't drive it in 4th gear, the motor won't roll those big chunks of rubber at that speed, not enough torque. :dunno:

NewbOldster

what's up with that shit, anyway? i see the damn things rolling around that look fucking ridiculous. jeep owners are not immune to that brand of stupidity either. they jack them up, buy huge tires, take the fenders off "for more ground/tire clearance", then never take them off road. WTF? :dunno::snap out of it:
Don't get me wrong - I enjoy off-roading. But I ain't drivin' no swamp truck to the grocery store. I call it little d**k syndrome. My pickup is for strictly utilitarian purposes.

On the other hand, I love motorsports.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
fedoras WERE cool in the 50s and 60s. still are if you are a traditional archer & admirer of Fred Bear. retro is ALWAYS cool. been seeing folks (mostly younger ladies) wearing bell-bottom pants/jeans again. :good:
Or, like Joe Cocker says, "You can leave your fedora on".

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i don't have a fedora. took me thirty years to find a cowboy hat that fit me. still haven't found a fedora that does...:confused: in basic training at Lackland, even after they shaved me bald, it took the biggest cap they had to fit my noggin. :dunno: when what little hair we were allowed grew back out, it was REALLY snug.

NewbOldster

i don't have a fedora. took me thirty years to find a cowboy hat that fit me. still haven't found a fedora that does...:confused: in basic training at Lackland, even after they shaved me bald, it took the biggest cap they had to fit my noggin. :dunno: when what little hair we were allowed grew back out, it was REALLY snug.
I never found a cowboy hat that 'worked' for me. It's not a vanity thing (I've never cared what anyone thinks of my looks) but rather comfort and utility. I'm not big on hats to begin with, but my fedora keeps my head warm in cold weather. I do think I looked 'cooler' wearing it when my hair was long. So does my wife. lol

Apparently your brain is much larger than mine. I have no problem finding a hat that fits. :)

NewbOldster

Got a couple straw cowboy hats for shade. For the rest, flat caps cover up where I once had hong hair.
Flat caps are cool. My long-haired cousin wears a plaid one.

You might get jealous - I still have a really thick, full head of hair, but I choose to keep it short these days. Like, 1/8th inch short. Low maintenance is the driver. Along with a touch of laziness. :)