What's new

Real G13 haze?

GoatCheese

Veteran
MrNice's G13Haze is a re-pro made with Nevil's old seed stock ...if Shanti still sells these, i dunno.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I don't think so. their G13Widow has Skunk in it,why i dunno, but i think the G13Haze is a pure repro,iirc, thou i haven't grown it yet. I remember Shanti telling some of the G13Haze plants having some nanner issues and he said he made them for selection/breeding projects.
..but like i said, i haven't grown my G13Haze seeds yet, so i have no personal experience.

You can find pictures of these over at MrNice forums. here's one link:
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/g13-x-haze/4776-2010-g13-x-haze-7.html

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
MNS g13haze does not have skunk in it.... its a old seed ibl.......Only the other g13 strains have skunk in them because there was no g13 pure seed to use... Basically he had g13xskunk, and g13xhaze seeds to play with... Its g13xhaze C...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Thanks, I didn't want to throw mud on mns, I just seemed to remember that their G13 used in the various crosses (therefore also G13 haze) was an old Neville G13 x skunk seed, selected by Shanti towards the G13 side ...
I probably messed up ...

romanoweed

According to what Conclusion i read there was only a G13(the leaked Seedling) x Haze , wich survived. The original clone was never seen since decades, and is nomore to find..

So acording to what i read, one of the few breeders wich still might be or lately been working with this first Generation Cross: G13(the leaked Seedling) x Haze , is: Soma from Somaseeds, and an other (if i reacal right) might be Mr Nice, it is speculated he might have it....

Many others were often debunked as: G13(the leaked Seedling) x Haze x Haze ! So another Cross to Haze and therefore only 1/4 of: G13(the leaked Seedling) .. No more so special..

The reason is that the only Clone wich stayed alive G13(the leaked Seedling) x Haze, had no sexual Counterpart, and was whether Male of Female, cant remember. So if you are lucky you can get that Clone, or a selved Seed of it

(i found Somas g13 listed on Seedf.... site, but couldnt find them buyable. So the MR. Nicè`s G13 would be my only Guess where to find it in Seedform)
And if you can get Clone, you might have Luck, but again : Many People Claim they are G13 Haze, but arent.. that was the most critical View i read on the G13 History.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
AG13HzA cut is still alive in southern Holland. I think ojd, that seedmaker, made bx with her. I was gifted AG13HzA x mns NlĹ5hazeC seeds :D many thanks to creator. I am sure Karma genetics also have it. and will make some seeds with it? with A5 bx male? Karma´s fans know more.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thanks, I didn't want to throw mud on mns, I just seemed to remember that their G13 used in the various crosses (therefore also G13 haze) was an old Neville G13 x skunk seed, selected by Shanti towards the G13 side ...
I probably messed up ...
I think Shanti has..
G13Widow
G13Skunk
..and G13Haze seeds from Nevil, but he used one of his Skunk1 males on the G13Widow and G13Skunk.
At first he didn't tell his customers, like me, that his G13Widow has Skunk in it, which is bit of bullshit thing to do. I wouldn't have bought if i'd known.

romanoweed

Oh i have to clarify, some Clones ARE around, yes, and they are all told to be G13 x Haze, especially a Clone called : Airborne is told to be G13 x Haze, but i read they often arent nomore what they claim to be, and are often Haze-ifyed..

GoatCheese

Veteran
Oh i have to clarify, some Clones ARE around, yes, and they are all told to be G13 x Haze, especially a Clone called : Airborne is told to be G13 x Haze, but i read they often arent nomore what they claim to be, and are often Haze-ifyed..
AirbourneG13 was G13 x NL, iirc.

Nevil had given the G13 cut to Jim Ortega, who later sold it to Dr. Greenthumb , so the story that G13 cut was lost when Nevil's cut died was false
Here's Jim Ortega/dogless writing about it @ MrNice forums some years ago:
dogless said:
Hello my Brothers,
I am here to back a real bro for not disclosing me as his source in obtaining his G13 strain. It is a great pleasure knowing this person for being true to his word.
Dr. Greenthumb has been taking alot of crap for the nickname D/D that I labled some clones that I sold him. It has caused a shit storm at a couple of forums.
I owe Dr. Greenthumb a huge apology for the stress he is probably going thru.
I am apologizing to Dr. Greenthumb here since I have quite a few friends here that know a little about my history growing mj. As most of you who know me can vouch that I have had the G13 strain since the mid 80's. Nevil can also verify that. And also that I had sold the strain for $25g's to a "canadian breeder" a while back. Btw, the 25g's were distributed to our group who had previously agreed to keep the strain locked down. Had the economy not gone to shit it would have never been sold.
Dr. Greenthumb bought the strain and not just the clone. He decided to make it available to the public in pure form and is basically selling the strain at around 1% of what he paid for it, which is quite a deal.
I would also like to extend my apology to Double D a moderator at another forum for stress he must have for the confusion about my labeling methods.

I also want all my bro's who have sent me pm's that I am answering each and everyone within the next couple of days. The Skunk that you all are after will be available as soon as Nevil decides what he wants to do with the strain as I am leaving it up to him.

Take care my brothers!
Jim
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/95634-post1.html

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I hear a lot of good stuff about the g13hazeA... It is one of the very few things I want aside from landrace stuff.

Good post Goat! I love reading up on the history of seeds\plants being made, and passed around. So many generous, unique, and awesome people with awesome stories...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Thanks for the info!
I saw that Barney also has a g13 haze, although I honestly don't trust Barney very much ...
About clones, I hope that one day in my country the laws will change, so as to allow the farmers to exchange the various cuts, it is not pleasant to have to refuse a cutting of a fantastic strain, only for safety reasons ....

Breadwizard

The barney's farm G13 haze is apparently "borrowed" from Reeferman, much like how their Acapulco gold is actually Reeferman's Apple Pie. Although now they claim thier G13 haze contains Hawaiian...not sure what it exactly is, nor do I think we ever will.

JetLife175

Veteran
Best ghz I ever ran were a MNS ghz f2 made by an old friend named Chana. These plants were spectacular specimens. I wish I had photos of them, even moreso a cutting. Extremely heavy smoke. Very indica like on appearance. You can tell it’s a hybrid when grown if that makes sense.

If anyone still has any of those beans or even repros of said beans I really would like to talk to ya!

GoatCheese

Veteran
Best ghz I ever ran were a MNS ghz f2 made by an old friend named Chana. These plants were spectacular specimens. I wish I had photos of them, even moreso a cutting. Extremely heavy smoke. Very indica like on appearance. You can tell it’s a hybrid when grown if that makes sense.

If anyone still has any of those beans or even repros of said beans I really would like to talk to ya!
It's Chana Masala's grow thread i linked on the first page. Post #4. It has many photos of his plants

harvestreaper

Veteran
had some decent g13 hz from mns over the years only thing imo that could be a negative to haze lover is many are very heavy in effect

I

IncenseRosemary

1) Amnesia H x G13 airborn male = G13-Amnesia F1
2) Amnesia H x F1 sativa male 12 wk. = G13-Am. Haze *
3) G13-Am. H. x G13 sativa male(Soma) = G13 Haze
4) G13 Haze x G13 Haze male = nr.7

this is the lineage of most amsterdam G13hazes that golden calyx barney g13haze Amnesia Haze is original Amnesia Haze from 98. 14 weeks flower time.

mack 10

Veteran
Just ran some Amnesia haze X G13: haze from eskobar,.
Got green and purp pheno.
Around 11 weeks.
So fire.