What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Re-veg thread

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's a mexican bag seed reveg. I picked this one because it finished fastest and had lots of green growth at the bottom. I trimmed the root ball to the size of a tennis ball.

Here's it is three days later. I've never had this kind of growth so fast. I could have taken two or three cuttings here.

14 days later, I took 7 cuttings.

After the clones rooted I decided to flower the reveg. Here it is 39 days 12/12 under a 150w hps lamp.

This plant will be ready next week. The fans have all turned dark purple. I wish the buds would too.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
its like taking clones in reverse, you just chop off everything except enough to make new growth. so leave at least one node and you can reveg.

i dont know if i have any pictures after chop, but the first picture is like 2-3 weeks after i started revegging, and the second pic is from last week. i took clones right before the first picture. my light cycle was already on 14/10 and my buds were growing new leaf at the top (failed light experiment) so i just chopped the buds and repotted it in the same pot with a smaller rootball.

lol thats not the same pot.

Last edited:

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Lol, I just left every single branch there was. Just chopped where my canopy ended, if you know what I mean.

toastfighter2

I have been revegging for about two years now, and personally I have found that an older mother(that has been revegged) will make clones that will start budding faster than the ones from the clone that I took before the flowering stage. I still like to take a few clones before flowering so I can go straight into my next batch of 12/12 without waiting those 2-7 weeks to get new cuts.
Also, I moved about a month ago, right after my last harvest, and instead of moving bunch of revegging plants, I took a bunch of clones(of my favs) after I had chopped down the ladies. To my surprise, every last one sprouted roots and took off running. Now my veg cab is over full with a bunch of 2-5 inch tall potential mothers, and most are going to find a new home somewhere in the great outdoors(can't bring myself to just throw away good genetics)
picture.php

I have been revegging for about two years now, and personally I have found that an older mother(that has been revegged) will make clones that will start budding faster than the ones from the clone that I took before the flowering stage. I still like to take a few clones before flowering so I can go straight into my next batch of 12/12 without waiting those 2-7 weeks to get new cuts.
Also, I moved about a month ago, right after my last harvest, and instead of moving bunch of revegging plants, I took a bunch of clones(of my favs) after I had chopped down the ladies. To my surprise, every last one sprouted roots and took off running. Now my veg cab is over full with a bunch of 2-5 inch tall potential mothers, and most are going to find a new home somewhere in the great outdoors(can't bring myself to just throw away good genetics)
picture.php
Hey Toastfighter, is it possible to re-veg a plant outdoors? :1help:

N

nekoloving

I'm wondering about the timing of this; many years ago i dreamed of a 6 plant 6 strain garden, perpetual with revegging, fresh crop every month. each plant would only need to do one crop a year, leaving plenty of time for longer flowering sativas or to veg HARD those indica 's - is this even doable? i've yet to see a perpetual re-veg garden =[

also, a clone of a clone of a clone of a .... a clone - doesn't it eventually get nonviable? has anyone done a pure generational study? to see how many gens before viability deteriorates completely? [say 30-50 gens later? 100? etc]

jonas@diesel

???? ???????:?9-THC
Veteran
my NYCD re-veg

my NYCD re-veg

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

started with 24/0 for the first 3 weeks then switch to 18/6
and also trimmed the roots before transplanting to the new pots
water only when needed, once a week or so (and still haven't used nutes)

spicecowboy

Nice

Nice

Thanks a lot for this nice and informative thread, I appreciate it a lot, and I´m looking foreward to try it out for myslef some time.

spice

lovely thread Sunny D!

diesel janus - those r some nice quality pics. just a suggestion, could you make a paper template of the perimeter of your 2 intake or whatever holes i see there. the tape looks very untidy for how clean & neat the remainder of your cab is man. but, take the paper template & cut out more of the lovely white plastic stuff you use & staple it 4x or nail it to the surrounding of each hole. your cab will look perfect then. i am neurotic if you cannot tell, with more than slight ocd tendencies. haha.

darksith

Just curious, why do you reveg? I can understand if you didn't take any clones b4 you flipped and decided you wanted to keep the strain, but other than that which is basically a poor choice, why do it? It slows your production down, and it appears that it will take way more energy/cost to get the same amount in the end. Simply/purely curious and wanting to learn more about why peeps do this.

Sick

Just curious, why do you reveg? I can understand if you didn't take any clones b4 you flipped and decided you wanted to keep the strain, but other than that which is basically a poor choice, why do it? It slows your production down, and it appears that it will take way more energy/cost to get the same amount in the end. Simply/purely curious and wanting to learn more about why peeps do this.

I was unable to get clones so its was kill the plant or reveg, so I reveged. :)

Its going to make a nice mini scrog grow I think. But its takeing up to much room in my cab so I will be trying to clone the hell out of it so I can free up the space.

OU812

AWESOME thread, many thanks!!

I'm going to be reveging an Oaksterdam Purp Kush. I was only able to get one clone of her, and no way can I just chop those genetics down and be done with it. I'm hoping for a successful reveg after harvest in just a few more days-I want more clones!

S

Señor Chang

Thanks for the bump SunnyDog! (And also the Blumat thread!)
I wanted to discuss a little further about what Toastfighter2 brought up earlier.
I notice differences (positive) between a re-veg cut and a cut that was always taken before the plant initiated 12/12.
The re-veg plant seemed to have closer internodes, was a bit better yielder and did finish sooner. (not much)
I have not noticed any loss of vigor/potency from a re-vegged cut either.
I wanted to ask others experiences with what I've observed.
Does anybody deliberately re-veg to change some of the growing characteristics of the plant?

madalasatori

Veteran
i chopped a dutch passion powerplant 10 days ago and have put her under a 110w pl fluoro light 24/0. I just got back from a weekend away and have noticed shes put out a few new pistils as well as a narna. A knuckle has also developed on a part where i snapped her branch. Are these encouraging signs? any idea how long before i see growth?

oldhaole

Veteran
Can You Regrow a Plant Outdoors?

Can You Regrow a Plant Outdoors?

In Hawaii you sure can.

Plant in late January. The short days trigger bud development. But the days are getting longer. The top will bud, the bottom branches don't. This only works on full Sativas. The plant shown is a Bloodweed mom crossed with a Black Thai dad.

In late April you take the tops and larger buds. Leave the bottom 4 branches. This gives you a sample of the smoke, and an idea of what it looks like. Then you let the long summer days do their thing

Here's a series of pics following one plant through the entire process. Started in Jan, taken mid October. Yielded over 5 lbs.

Attachments

• r 1a.jpg
    r 1a.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 17
  • girl 1 before.jpg
    girl 1 before.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 17
  • #1 half done.jpg
    #1 half done.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 16
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg