What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RDWC / E&F 400+270w

Meison

Thanks

I assume you are referring to my plants. The LED spectrum is not ideal for natural color, and my adjustment software leaves a lot to be desired

I am a much better grower than photographer

I'm talking about my buds hahaha, they show no deficiencies neither symptoms of being unhealthy

Meison

Chop Chop time came early this time

Since the WR died, had to cut down the Psico fast before the rotten roots would spread something into the tray.

Last bud pic before harvest

Unfortunately this one got mold and we had to throw it away.. was such a shame

After chop

Roots

Will show what's new in the tent in a week or two, too much work these days. Fortunately

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another reason to use individual grow pots inside the tub

Simple to remove a plant with minimal disruption to the other plants

Mold can be eradicated with ~ 5- 10% H2O2. Byproduct is pure H2O

Meison

Another reason to use individual grow pots inside the tub

Simple to remove a plant with minimal disruption to the other plants

There was no disruption, times were supposed to be the same. It was a test to learn and move forward. Now the new setup has 1 plant per tray, using smaller trays and separated rez!

Is it safe to use h2o2 to clean it up? I mean does it really take care of all the mold making it safe to smoke? I ask as I never try it, and I rather throw away some buds than get sick myself or my family and friends

thanks for the tip PetFlora

Rotel

Where did you learn this?

How does it handle alfatoxins produced by some mold species?

Does it completely remove spores that if inhaled can cause respiratory issues in patients with compromised health?

Are you a doctor / toxicologist or perhaps just stayed in a Holiday Inn?

Meison

Does it completely remove spores that if inhaled can cause respiratory issues in patients with compromised health?

Like I said I rather throw it away than get sick. And I don't take someone's word as proof of anything, I will have to do some homework on the subject but for sure I'm not going to test it by smoking molded buds rinsed in peroxide to prove him wrong

I already came out of lung surgery 7 years ago, and not going to get sick on purpose

Rotel

Like I said I rather throw it away than get sick. And I don't take someone's word as proof of anything, I will have to do some homework on the subject but for sure I'm not going to test it by smoking molded buds rinsed in peroxide to prove him wrong

I already came out of lung surgery 7 years ago, and not going to get sick on purpose

skunkpharmresearch website has an article that elaborates on how one might clean a marijuana extraction of spores however it is noted that alfatoxins are not removed. So knowing the exact type of mold is key, botrytis and powery mildew for example don't produce the alfatoxins and therefore after proper micron filtration an extract can be cleaned of the spores.

That was shared as a means of showing how difficult spores are to eradicate.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Instead of challenging me, why not take the info, do a search and prove/disprove on your own?

Meison

Nice setup

How much do you usually yield?

Its a tricky question. I never do twice the same type of light fixtures, and hydro systems. I like to test all method and lights, so I can compare.

Usually plants in DWC gives us between 80-150grams, depending on strain and position on the the tent. The ones closer to the center of the light usually yield more.

I use 250-400w HPS and 270w Plasma. For the last year we have vegged on plasma and in flower use the plasma as supplemental light.

My gpm goes from 0,7-8 to 1,0. I have yet to go over the 1 gpm, but I'm the most paranoid guy ever, and until a couple of days ago I was an ilegal grower. So never flowered more than 4-6 plants. Most of the time I grow 4 plants to stay under the 6 plant limit, to avoid any trouble on the harvest numbers. Law limits not only plant numbers but also total grams harverst per year (BUMMER)

In a 400-600w with 4 plants, vegged 20 days, we usually get 300+, I think plant number would increase the harvest, as I can fit a lot more than 4-6 plants in my tent (5x5). But the paranoia kinda kills me at night, can barely sleep.

I did a collective grow once, were I took care of plants for 8 people, 50 plants aprox, all autos 37 different strains in 1 gal pots in soil. With a 400w we got almost 580g. But again I barely slept throw that grow.

Soon I will start the a thread with the new grow, this time is a lot more clean than last time. I had to sterilize the room, 1 5x5 tent, 2 3x3 tents and some other stuff I have in the room. Now its a free pest like before!

Sorry for the long post, :rant: haha

Latest posts

Latest posts