What's new

Raw Foods - Anyone do this diet?

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Respectfully as well, I will have to disagree with you. The Human physiology clearly shows that we're made for eating meat. It is not only a question of the intestines (where I believe you're somewhat off-mark), but also the shape of the jaws, teeth and body chemistry in general.
I could go into detail, but here's a link that does it better than me:

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/carn_herb_comparison.html

G

A week ago, after reading stuff on beyondveg.com, and other sites...I decided to include raw animal meat and protein into my diet, and I'm loving it.

My brain and body seems to be working much better now...

Like this morning I had a TON of raw fruit, since I had such an active day yesterday I was starving. Then like 30 minutes later I had raw cheese, and some raw grass fed ribeye from new zealand. I just kinda scorched the outside, although some of it wasn't cooked.

Holy crap that gave me a boost.

I'm seriously loving this raw lifestyle. Supposedly eating raw animal products, your body will just put on muscle, and you don't even have to exercise. But i'm definitely execising cuz i love the feeling. I'm doing strongman workouts, basketball, swimming...basically nething. Oh yeah, I'm also getting more sun everyday.

Well thats my update. I think I'm on something for life now. I tried eating some cooked meatloaf the other day and it didn't go to well in my stomach. Although I think I will eat some cooked stuff, just mainly raw...since we probably have evolved to eat 'some' cooked foods... but i won't eat grains...

lovin it

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
.. I eat rare steak every week... Have for years... a decade anyhow... And have never had problems from it...

Well it may not be a problem so to speak but ya gotta admit its kinda weird when your farts go " Moooooo ".

Eat%20More%20Chicken.jpg

marx2k

Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad said:
Well... That's a highly misinformed and reactionary post...

I eat rare steak every week... Have for years... a decade anyhow... And have never had problems from it... Fact is, Only raw beef surfaces which have been exposed pose any risk of contamination... Beef recalls are almost always due to improper handling, nothing to do with the meat itself...

Also... If you inform yourself about the tapeworm lifecycle, you'll find that unless you eat shit or shit contaminated food, you won't be getting any tapeworms... Tapeworm eggs pass along thru feces, NOT in muscle tissue...

Now to the subject at hand... I have always preferred my veggies raw and crunchy... MMmmmmm good stuff, and better for you....
:yeahthats

French people steak tartare (sp?) all day long without problems. Japanese eat sushi all day long without problems.

G

Hehe some people take the standard advice to eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, couple it with all the valid warnings about the lame additives in food these days, then wrap it in marketing to create trend and sell "Raw Foodism" books...

Here's the guy that opened the first raw foodist restaurant in NYC... He also likes to masturbate in public...

http://nymag.com/news/features/16576/

G

lol funny link.

Raw is legit though... seriously, even if you don't eat 100% raw, raw is so good for you everyone should at least eat 50%.

I've been reading WestonAPrice.org, and he talks about the ideal diet we should be eating. Alot of it is raw. Some fermented stuff... maybe some cooked too...

Once you start eating raw foods, your body recognizes the difference and wants it always. Like I can stuff myself on a cooked meal of some sort...and 5 minutes later my body is like, "Um, are we eating or what?" and my body will just CRAAAAAAVEEEE raw food. If I don't get it it won't be happy.

Right now I'm trying to follow the guidelines on the westonaprice site. Which is, alot of animal fats (healthy free range ones)... raw fruits and veggies...trying to find some fermented foods... here is the link, scroll down if neone is interested to see what is a healhy way of eating...

http://westonaprice.org/tour/index.html