What's new

Rate the Breeders

I

izzywozzywizzy

the weird thing to me is that i grew for 5 years in the 90's. 3 years from a clone source then two years from 2 packs of seeds. northern lights and 4 way from mark emery. the plants were awesome back then. i had a friend who would harvest with me and every time he would pull a bud off the the plant and stick it to the wall and say thats good bud if it sticks to the wall. i used to hate that he did that.

4 years ago i decided to start growing again. i was shocked at all the selections but i still did my research. i figured things must have gotten better. boy have i been surprised. i figured just get a pack of seeds and the weed will be good like in the 90's. i dont know what the fuck has happened. my setup is ten times better but the weed has been subpar. i dont go through a bunch of seeds in fact only 4 strains and about 60 seeds since i started back up. maybe thats my problem. super lemon haze from greenhouse is the only strain with pheonos that have passed the stick to the wall test. maybe i was just lucky in the 90's. but boy now i appreciate the stick to the wall test.
i use to Do that Plus if it Stück to the bag including hash now the seeds are as non sticky as a cheap frying Pan .

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Serious seeds
Hortilab
Mr Nice
Female seeds.....o.k, fem, but I've never had a hermaphrodite.

hereigrow

Lol all u want I've had some great nirvana strains. Can't beat the value imo. I think they had their start with positronics...nl, blue mystic, nl x big bud,papaya, haze .the nl is phenom. Sweet fat resinous total commercial appeal

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
So the breeder who creates an unstable clone is a breeder, but the guy who tries to make seeds available of that or produces crosses of other quality strains is "just" a seed maker? Why is one better than the other and why? They are both providing different services. To me the people producing good crosses for reasonable prices are doing just as big of a service to the community as those breeding stable lines. I like the unstable stuff just as much because you never know what you'll find. Also unlike clones I can order seeds and receive them from the other side of the planet.

hummmm well don't get me wrong I do love my clone only strains if they know how to look after them and don't clone a clone a clone a clone and so on. The line gets weak I don't give two shits who says what not many can hold clones for too long imvho.
You need to go back to the seed and find what you are missing in your lines again imvho Headband 707:tiphat:

offthehook

Veteran
I am with you on that H707 but since Subcool claims the opposite (Like stressing that his 30 year old cloned material is still serving us as well as the day he took his first cuttings...), well, he either must have figured something that I never found myself or he is full of shit & hence do I feel better be somewhat wary of him and his stances. ^^

hereigrow

Forgive my ignorance but what breeder does the subcool rep? I've been hearing a lot about his work on the forum lately...also anyone else have anythinf to say about BOG? I was an avid overgrow user years ago and I have wanted to run his bogbubble for a long time (literally like ten years) but never got around to orderi.g his genetics. His sour bubble is supposed to b phenom right??

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forgive my ignorance but what breeder does the subcool rep? I've been hearing a lot about his work on the forum lately...also anyone else have anythinf to say about BOG? I was an avid overgrow user years ago and I have wanted to run his bogbubble for a long time (literally like ten years) but never got around to orderi.g his genetics. His sour bubble is supposed to b phenom right??

here is a Sour bubble

here is a TGA Chernobyl

offthehook

Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereigrow View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what breeder does the subcool rep? I've been hearing a lot about his work on the forum lately...

OTH > I suppose he's an experienced & cool guy who's time has now come to shine so others might benefit from the things he's done & said.
He writes columns and story's on a number of furums and magazines too if I understood right.

He's got my Respect, let there be no doubt, but like with every "Guru of a kind", I like him to be subject to a healthy dose of scrutiny while beeing under 'my watch' , lol

I usually frown upon matters when I sense there will be a significant degree of profit making involved, so that's where my utterly sharpened '^^' come in when in case of doubt, eheh. ^^

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I think that's Why Bodhi is hands down my fav breeder. The guy is a very generous and caring person as well as a very skilled and passionate breeder. His work with land race genetics are quite amazing as well as kinda rare. In todays market place flooded with chem's og's sour's and kushes witch are my Fav especially Sour d. I'm really excited to run Bodhi's Goji Og as well as his Instant karma (bubba kush x rez circa 06 sour d ibl) and especially his hollywood pure kush x uzbekistani Hash plant. I'm also thinking of grabbing some of his chemdawg 3 x apollo 11 genius pheno f2. Everything I have ever seen him produce that i have seen myself and other grown out has always ben AAA dank. If you can get any of his genetics get them. My fav I have grown from him is prolly his Lucky charms (the white x Appalachia) or sunshine daydream (BubbaShine x Appalachia) witch were amazing in all aspects. I actually made a cross I need to run of his Lucky charms x white dawg from topdawg seeds should be some frosty dank in those. There are still Real breeders out there they are just few and far between. As long as you do a lil research and dnt just buy your genetics based on the breeder's description and the pretty picture shown you will be able to find some truly amazing genetics. IMOP Sometimes you get what you pay for and some of those really special genetics coast a lil more. Another reason Bodhi is my fav breeder. I have yet to see him sell a pack of seeds for more than $69 per 11 pack witch are well worth it for AAA Dank in my eyes. Any way stay frosty guys late.
P.G.

C

ChemFrog

a breeder,
*someone who selects and tests his own creations until he/she acheives a gem
*someone with an interest and knowledge in breeding.
*someone who works on other peoples creations/ landraces/other stock, to produce something new

a pollen tosser someone who gets two clone onlys reverses one and makes fem seeds
*someone who sells seeds having never tested them or giving them to testers.
*someone who only makes fems.
*someone who sells other peoples work as an s1 etc
*someone who blames hermies/poor growth/ mutations etc on a growers ''enviroment''
or lack of skills, rather than their own unstable genetics.

Sounds like Carnoissuer Genetics breeding practices all the above!

Ive been following a few of there threads and im not knocking them but this is the truth.

They sell untested seeds

If you get hermis or poor germ rate this ojd guy is ready to bite your head off and then you get the CSG fan boys that will gangbang you.

As far as i can see CSG are true Polyhybrid seed makers and dont even qualify as breeders. CSG is just another seed maker on the gravy train who has access to sum Elite cuts with big hype.

Common guys which real breeder would use hermi prone plants to breed with for eg Chem,Casey jones? well not a real breeder but a true Polyhybrid would!

Sumtimes the truth hurts but seed makers need to face the fact that they are just in it for the money and nothing else.

Untested or not, you have to make the final decision on if the genetics are worrh it for your personal situation.

That's the nature of élite cuts. They have floated to the top... Dont want to give money to seedmakers then don't.

Everyone has different needs. Some of us have to grow what the crowd wants and others are stuck convincing the crowd that they have something desireable.

Keep the nirvana, give me the polyhybrids of élites.

ginoberde

in my opinion if you rated Nirvana so low means you jugde a seed by its price, maybe that works for you, but I have had a lot of great plants from nirvana, so price aside, they deliver good pot for the money, I hope you have actually grown their gear before bashing them

You have proportionately grown more great plants from nirvana because you grow more nirvana. I have proportionately grown more great plants from connoisseur because I grow more connoisseur.

Good plants everywhere.

Judge the seeds by what I need. I have the goods, what do I need nirvana for?

ginoberde

lol I have also rez gear and sensi seeds, I was lookin at CSG for some time too, but if a company has good seeds I will not knock on them because they are cheap compared to the other stuff I have, I am not telling you to get nirvana I am telling you they have good stuff for the money

ginoberde

I see it like this, I love BMW, but that does not mean that a toyota is shitty because its half the price, but for some ppl price is everything, you do not know what i have grown or not my friend, just giving an opinion of what I have found,
BTW the sssdh I am smoking right now was used by OJD, so yea. i proportionately grow a lot of great plants, alpha diesel, chemdog double d, strawberry diesel, gonzo, williams wonder, but also white rhino, papaya and aurora indica, so............yea I got the goods too meng

Last edited:
M

Mtn Dew

Nirvana is great buy a pk u will find something nice in WW, WR, BMystic , Papaya , NL , PPP , AI all have killer gems waiting to be dug from the dirt