What's new

Rank the OG's

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bagseed77

i too would like some info on the pre98 , i have a cross and was wondering if anyone has used the pre98 in crosses and was it dominant or what?. ive seen her by herself , just wondering on crosses?

D

DUBADAY

I would rank them like this ...

1. Diablo
2.SFV/Fire/Platinum
3.Dibo's (which seems like a super bomb nycd cross)

RedReign

I just chopped a Diablo OG. Yields much better than the Larry,Ghost, and SFV cuts. Looks and smells good, should be ready for a smoke test in a couple of days.

Last edited:

cpt.kush

ok guy's iv been schooled ..b/c before i went deep cover the only og cut's everyone talked about was ograskal 's and taho i think swerve 's cut was making noise too ..this was from 2000-05(sour D was the in strain to have) iv been back on the net for about 6 months and there's og cut's and other strains iv never heard of ..hell at that time noone knew that chem, sour-d and og were all related ..and if og is the sister to sour-d why's it labled a kush ??..how dose bubba kush fit in to all this man im so lost :bashhead: it's a shame ..peace cpt.c

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FIRE ...TAHO....SFV....GHOST

they sound like the best to me..

Last edited:
J

JeffSpicoli

englishrick said:
FIRE ...TAHO....SFV....GHOST

they sound like the best to me..

Dude it seems like you have more post in this thread than anyone, and it sounds like you have never even smoked og kush :bashhead:

Seriously though, whenever i read one of you're posts it seriously frustrates me, i dont know why really... It shouldnt bother me, but for some reason i get super annoyed by you rick.

On another note...
Ive heard the HA cut stacks up to be just as good as the fire/raskal cut.
Have you ran the HA cut OGraskal?

Does anyone have any pics of the SAC#2 in flower????

Beetlepumpr

wick650 said:
Many of you guys think that all these different O.G cuts have a name attached for mere marketing purposes, IME the real reason for why there are all these names is B/C of an attempt to simply prevent the spread of misinformation and label cuts that came from different sources within the Los Angeles area. In fact, most of the O.G cuts available were originally known & given out as just plain "O.G Kush" up until recently when an influx of different O.G cuts became availble within the community and further labeling became necessary in order to differentiate the sources of these O.G Kush cuts.

For instance the S.A.C O.G cuts were labled by myself #1-3 so that I could differentiate them within my grow as all three of these cuts came into my garden from different sources. All three of these cuts originally came from S.A.C growers. However, everyone of these "S.A.C cuts" were given to me as plain "O.G Kush." They were not even given to me as S.A.C OG.

I don't know what the joke is about O.G Kush... IMO & seemingly the consensus of the entire region of Southern California, O.G Kush is the benchmark for strain quality in terms of potency & taste. It is annoying that there are so many different cuts, but in reality the majority of all these supposedly different O.G cuts are actually indistiguishable, or nearly indistinguishable from each other... very few are actually exhibit any differences at all. Like "MikieMikee" said the best O.G cut is whatever O.G cut you are able to dial in the best.

I'm very surprised that so many of you claim to have grown Swerve's Tahoe cut as Swerve passed it out to only a handful of friends.

English Rick- You live in the U.K, have you even smoked O.G Kush? Would you please not make grand observations about things of which you know very little? It's very annoying to read you slander an entire topic which you have no experience with

P.S
Here's a little breakdown of SCC2's O.G Kush list:
-Tahoe= cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.
-Larry= The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from
-SFV= There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve
-Ghost= This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.
-Tripple OG= This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.
-Abusive= This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.
-SAC#2= Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.
-P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G= Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.
-Apothecary = O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999
-Diablo= This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley
-Raskal's OG= Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from Mexican Mafia members by a friends of forum member OGraskal
-HA OG= Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.
-Poison OG=Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96
-SAC#1 & #3= #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara

-Humbolt OG= ?

-JDOG= JDOG’s "Original O.G cut" has for a long time been debunked as another Bubba Kush cut, this cut bares little resemblance to O.G Kush

Great and informative post in my opinon Wick, thanks for your time. You must live around the area?

D

Dalaihempy

In 2003 there was 1 alleged og clone now theres many it just wont go away will it.

G4life

I doubt OG will go away anytime soon hempy....When grown properly its top of the food chain herb!...Try some....You might like it!...Beware of imposters though!..~ogr

D

Dalaihempy

G4life said:
I doubt OG will go away anytime soon hempy....When grown properly its top of the food chain herb!...Try some....You might like it!...Beware of imposters though!..~ogr

Top of the food chain no mate im thinking more in the nut range something you nibble on before you eat lol.

That looks like a widow phino i had nice plant.

But come one mate there was 1 og clone now theres how many out there ? dont you guys that infact like og have a problem with this.

MedResearcher

Veteran
G4life said:
When grown properly its top of the food chain herb!...Try some....You might like it!...Beware of imposters though!..~ogr

IMO, many different areas of California have different top of the food chain strains. I think the OG became so well known and mainstream because the area it originates/dominates is one of the biggest areas in California. SFV + LA County = alooooot of people to rep how good it is, including all the rappers who hang in Hollywood. Not saying its not great, I know it is, just saying there is a lot of herb from other areas just as good and possible better.

Born and raised in California, lived in Chico, Los Angeles, Central Coast, Oakland, West Bay,Lake Tahoe, Deep in the Emerald Triangle and in all of those areas there are/were local signature strains that were off the hook... problem is getting a hold of the seeds or clone. Another problem I have noticed, is usually over time you watch the strain degrade or become watered down, cant explain why exactly, but I have some theories. Hopefully in another 5 years the OG will be just as good as it was 10 years ago.

No disrespect, and tks for all the OG info, was a great read.

MR^^

Status
Not open for further replies.