What's new

Random Knocks at the Door

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Hope you're a crack shot. The foot is a rather small target. Wanna bet your life on it? And if you succeed it's your word against his in court. But hey, it usually works OK on TV.

Nobody ever shoots anybody in the foot on tv. Besides, I could hit a foot with a pistol, no problem.

P

PerroVerde

Sounds like your visitor spent to much time inside and relied on intimidation as a means of survival and communication. Invading ones personal space in their own home is serious example of intimidation tactics used to see which way a situation can play out. Kind of like a kid playing the I'm not touching you game or he may have been more then just gay for the stay... :)

tehmaster

what would have you done in that situation. AS he was getting closer it was real weird and I definitely felt threatened after telling him twice to back away. Forgot to mention the first time he was damn near rubbing arms with me and he crouched to the floor and jumped up. That's was when I stepped away and he laughed. I don't know if I handled it the right way? Wat do you think?
+rep for handling you and yours my friend, in Atlanta alot of people have a big problem with the junkies, hell they don't want to go into the city to go shopping because they get accosted with damn near every line you can think of, and aggressive attempted "knockout artists" attempted to slug you in the jaw and take the contents of your pockets.
Let me say, if you felt like you needed to , you did the right thing.And when it comes to people invading your personal "bubble" you DID THE RIGHT THING

I love the security of being able to go anywhere i want, even though it requires me to bring a buddy and a pistol,( usually a buddy with his own pistol :comfort:)

I won't go into detail, but i have stood my ground and the gun is usually what's gonna derail em.
If it doesn't derail them they only have one other choice....

tehmaster

This is a tactic tweakers used to break in my buddy house and burglarize it. Knock on doors asking for phone to call for ride cause same bs story, houses that weren't home had door kicked in and robbed. Might have saved your ass answering door, good call on pistol. Better safe then sorry.
Although i don't do crystal meth in any form, i can say i have personally seen this situation unfold ^

Catchin1

Man

Man

Man I feel for ya bro. I live way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere. I have never had the displeasure of that happening. My driveway is over 1 mile long, so it is not likely someone would just come up and if they did, I would see them coming as you come uphill and I would already be armed and looking at them through the reticle of either a .22-250. or a 300. win mag.....I hate tweakers etc......Meth just hit my area real bad and it sucks. We are a very Small Town Rural Southern Community and it has swept over this area like wildfire.....tweakers, meth labs, explosions, deaths from od, just fucked.....nice people, young people caught up with this disease this blight on society and so life in my area HAS changed so much from Meth.
W1:tiphat:

tehmaster

Man I feel for ya bro. I live way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere. I have never had the displeasure of that happening. My driveway is over 1 mile long, so it is not likely someone would just come up and if they did, I would see them coming as you come uphill and I would already be armed and looking at them through the reticle of either a .22-250. or a 300. win mag.....I hate tweakers etc......Meth just hit my area real bad and it sucks. We are a very Small Town Rural Southern Community and it has swept over this area like wildfire.....tweakers, meth labs, explosions, deaths from od, just fucked.....nice people, young people caught up with this disease this blight on society and so life in my area HAS changed so much from Meth.

The main thing i learned in my unfortunate encounters with them :tumbleweed: was how LAYERED the lies they create are. It's absolute astounding how far there thought process would go into a lie. A regular person may lie, then have an excuse. But these people would do that ten fold, something you or i wouldn't do.
Lawrenceville Georgia has a meth epidemic. Heed my warning.

Catchin1

wow

wow

The main thing i learned in my unfortunate encounters with them :tumbleweed: was how LAYERED the lies they create are. It's absolute astounding how far there thought process would go into a lie. A regular person may lie, then have an excuse. But these people would do that ten fold, something you or i wouldn't do.
Lawrenceville Georgia has a meth epidemic. Heed my warning.

Wow man, that really sucks. What a beautiful area too. When I was in the Army at Ft. Benning.....my buddy lived off Jones Shaw Road in I believe S. Marietta, we used to go to Charlie MacGruders and Crystal Palace there and party when we had leave or got away.....it was always tough to make it back to base from THERE.....that was back in the 80's and early 90's............oh god the pussy flowed out of there like water down the Chattahoochie.....I loved Ga.....I loved riding horses in Stone Mountain......that is too bad....such a beautiful place and the Southern People are so nice.....Meth is a plague sir.
Respects,

tehmaster

Wow man, that really sucks. What a beautiful area too. When I was in the Army at Ft. Benning.....my buddy lived off Jones Shaw Road in I believe S. Marietta, we used to go to Charlie MacGruders and Crystal Palace there and party when we had leave or got away.....it was always tough to make it back to base from THERE.....that was back in the 80's and early 90's............oh god the pussy flowed out of there like water down the Chattahoochie.....I loved Ga.....I loved riding horses in Stone Mountain......that is too bad....such a beautiful place and the Southern People are so nice.....Meth is a plague sir.
Respects,

Well i say i say from experience all fine southern gentleman must carry their tool, and the tweakers never have one because they sell it for meth :tiphat:

FatherEarth

Veteran
Nog?

Just shot em and feed em to the ceiling people next time.

U do NOT pull or point a weapon unless u intend to kill something. Ur life or no one else's where in any danger. If he had advanced AFTER being told to leave? then fine. To pull first was wrong.

Yea in the street this rule applies all day. Dont pull it unless your going to use it. At your home do what you need to do. Shooting someone where you sleep isnt wise in most scenarios. Pulling his weapon and drawing the line, just fine. If the guy wants to come back thats fine youll be ready for him. If he refuses to leave give em one in the air, and thats it, no more warnings. Some states you can get away with shooting people for something like breaking in your car. If he truly crosses the line, Ok fine. Handle it if you must. Kill someone over something trivial? Nah, Im not that jumpy.

I think you did the right thing, maybe shouldnt have been jumpy but showing force at your house never a bad thing IMO.Pulling an unloaded gun would be bluffing. Dont bluff, just let em know you mean business. Stay safe, get a few cameras so you can see everything. Get your fences and no trespassing signs up. Strangers show up be short and to the point and let them know you are irritated. If they act funny tell em to kick rocks. Dogs keep people from even trying to knock...

B

BrnCow

Should've stepped out, shot the mailbox, then asked what he wanted....lol

B

BrnCow

Hard drugs and hard alcohol ruin people if not used as prescribed and sometimes even then! And meth totally is a fucked up deal. If anyone reading this is using, do everything you can to get the fuck off of that shit. Even more than a couple or three beers a day with eventually suck your ass into addiction. ..and addiction to government drugs leads to death every time for everybody! 100%! Government dope is tobacco, alcohol, pharmaceuticals....they sell the worst shit available and do not fucking care if you live or die...they just want your money and property...wise up or die!....

Latest posts

Latest posts