What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rand Paul wins Senate Primary, soon to be a pro-legalization senator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am curious where the secular individual looks for their morals? How do they define what is morally correct and what is not? What is their guide?
(I think honest answers to these questions would reveal the root of many things)

Danks2005

And the civil rights bill of 1960 had nothing to do what so ever with the cultural shift? We should look backwards towards reversing these decisions instead of looking forwards & expanding on these social-economic freedoms?

yo its a free country dawg why I can't shoot up the mall? (characterization of hard liberals)

So you admit there has been a cultural shift? Regardless of why it happened, it has happened. Think about it, if modern day corporation, revised their policy to in your face bigotry, they would lose half their customers, and half their employees. Today's world is fueled by money, not racism.

Shooting up a mall caused direct physical harm unto others, and not tolerated. On that note, though, I would like to see less gun control. These shootings at post offices, office buildings, colleges, and high schools, are all gun free zones. Crazy people with criminal agenda's do not care about gun control laws. Gun laws only put law abiding citizens at risk. All I can say to your comment, is, try to shoot up a mall where I'm shopping and see how far you get. When you have seconds, the police are only minutes away. The police and the US in general project this message of protection, but sometimes you need to protect yourself, or you lose the fight.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
The Embarassment of Rand Paul

The Embarassment of Rand Paul

I live on the same Kentucky farm that my family settled in 1780. I had always been a proud Kentuckian but that pride is being tested by the election of Rand Paul.

I can only apologize to the rest of the US and ask that you keep in mind that the education system in Kentucky has consistently been rated as the 48th-50th worst education system in the nation. If you gather up 100 Kentuckians, you have 12 people that cant read or write and didnt finish elementary school, and another 40 that didnt finish high school and cant function beyond the 6th grade level. A recent poll found that only 1 out of 12 kentuckians could give accurate answers when asked the most basic questions about american government, history or the constitution.

Unlike Paul, most kentuckians do believe in the american government and the constitution. We think black people should be free and that women deserve equal rights and the right to vote.

Just as our founding fathers did, we reject the "States Rights" mantra of Rand Paul and the southern confederacy.

We wont go back to the 1860's.

sutra1

he ain't got the office yet. If Paul keeps speaking his mind it's doubtful he will get elected to the senate. Just finished reading an article in the NY Times about him, some pretty amazing garbage coming out of his mouth.

Living the same property since 1780, that is so cool. Is it still a working farm?

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i actually don't think the crux of paul's problem in this issue is racism, per se - it's trying to mesh ideology and reality. (or more accurately, not meshing them - opting for ideology instead)

from where he stands, ideologically no good can come from government intervention in this manner (ICC), but reality poses the problem that absent it, basic tenets of our constitutional rights were deprived to many. ideology doesn't answer that, it just repeats itself.

i think he is used to a smaller audience appeal, where that ideological response to the problem posed by reality is just to reiterate devotion to that ideology. outside that echo chamber...it doesn't work that way.

Danks2005

Unlike Paul, most kentuckians do believe in the american government and the constitution. We think black people should be free and that women deserve equal rights and the right to vote.

Just as our founding fathers did, we reject the "States Rights" mantra of Rand Paul and the southern confederacy.

We wont go back to the 1860's.

Yet you need a federal law to do the right thing, apparently you don't feel like kentuckians will do the right thing if given the choice.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Yes sutra, its been divided among family over the years but about 1/2 is still an active farm.

Danks2005, the average kentuckian doesnt have the intellectual capacity to understand what the "right thing" is . It plays out like this around here........

Kentucky leads the nation in marriages of young girls under 14 years of age.
Kentucky is the location of the "Creation Museum".
Kentucky has the highest rate of teen smoking in the nation.
Until 1992, the Ku Klux Klan was the largest public organization in the county i live in. Black people still live in the "grove" --not where the whites live and the confederate flag still flys over the court house.
Kentucky has one of the highest rates of mental retardation in the nation.
Kentucky is one of the poorest states in the US.

....and the list goes on. Mark Twain once said, " When i die, i want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 10 years later than it does anwhere else on earth".

We have a long history of being backward. Paul's election is just the latest.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Yet you need a federal law to do the right thing, apparently you don't feel like kentuckians will do the right thing if given the choice.

exactly..i'm all about the pauls, and the fact that they want to uphold the constitution the way it was written. everyday this country is just spiraling deeper...

why are you against rand paul and on these boards. he's against a strong centralized government. the larger government gets..the farther government is from the people and the less difference you make. which is what we are all trying to do with marijuana reform. the closest we have gotten has been in state government. remember, an enemy of an enemy is my friend.

M

Marywanna

Yeah but you guys have the cheapest cigs and the KFC Museum. Plus some kickass bluegrass.

C

cork144

why are you against him op?

would you rather sombody who is payed for by goldman sax?

M

Marywanna

............AND the Kentucky Horse Park,plus some of the prettiest country around.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I love how they are trying to defame him and drag him through the mud with race bait tactics.The establishment is in an uproar.They have called in all favors, bring Rand Paul down by any means necessary.Dr Paul has my black vote

Danks2005

Kentucky is beautiful. I used to visit every summer until my grandfather died when I was in 7th grade. We used to stay near Gwinn Island in Danville, but I've been all over kentucky as young lad, some of my fondest memories.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
This thread makes me sad. How could anyone watch the Rachel Maddow interview in it's entirety and still think he is racist/pandering to "the racists"? (As though there is a "white-racist caucus" lmao)

The corporate-media is using every shred of credibility they have left to demonize this guy. Does no one else think it is low to make a Constitutionalist choose between flip-flopping on a principle they truly believe in, and appearing racist? It's such obvious BS that I can't believe this many of you are falling for it. Quit watching cable TV lmao.

Edit: Ohio is the shit. (Not everyone can or wants to live in Cali lol)

slappyjack

Rand Paul: Obama BP criticism 'un-American'

WASHINGTON - Kentucky Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul said Friday that President Barack Obama's criticism of BP in the wake of the Gulf oil debacle sounds "really un-American."

Paul, already facing a backlash over remarks earlier this week about civil rights legislation, criticized the Obama administration for declaring it will put its "boot heel on the throat of BP." White House spokesman Robert Gibbs used similar language shortly after the spill.

In an interview Friday on ABC's "Good Morning America," Paul says the president's response is part of the "blame game" that's played in the United States.

Paul said that leads to the thinking that tragic incidents are "always someone's fault" and added, sometimes accidents just happen.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37273085/ns/politics-decision_2010

Congrats AynRand Paul on your three-day self-inflicted political suicide. Rarely does it happen that quickly and completely.

Simply stated, he is just dumb.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Rand Paul: Obama BP criticism 'un-American'

WASHINGTON - Kentucky Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul said Friday that President Barack Obama's criticism of BP in the wake of the Gulf oil debacle sounds "really un-American."

Paul, already facing a backlash over remarks earlier this week about civil rights legislation, criticized the Obama administration for declaring it will put its "boot heel on the throat of BP." White House spokesman Robert Gibbs used similar language shortly after the spill.

In an interview Friday on ABC's "Good Morning America," Paul says the president's response is part of the "blame game" that's played in the United States.

Paul said that leads to the thinking that tragic incidents are "always someone's fault" and added, sometimes accidents just happen.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37273085/ns/politics-decision_2010

Congrats AynRand Paul on your three-day self-inflicted political suicide. Rarely does it happen that quickly and completely.

Simply stated, he is just dumb.

Typical. (He is just dumb, lololol Mr. Intelligence-Qualifier over here.)

I don't get it. Because he accepts that the incident in the Gulf *might* have been an accident, he is somehow naive, or worse, evil?

You dudes don't make any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.