What's new

RadaRada's Grow Cab: Durban poison, Hollands Hope

RadaRada

So i ordered a tempered glass panel and it came in the mail yesterday, when i opened it this morning, thats right you guessed it, its too big. i think ill just save it for another box that im bound to make sooner or later

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY TRIMMING TIPS THEY CAN GIVE ME FOR TRIMMING THE TWO BIG PLANTS ABOVE BEFORE I SEND THEM INTO FLOWER IN 16 DAYS?

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hi Rada. I'd probably pinch out the growing tips to let them branch out and up the bud count. Then use wires or string to LST the branches when they form so they're spread out and catching the light.

RadaRada

Hi Rada. I'd probably pinch out the growing tips to let them branch out and up the bud count. Then use wires or string to LST the branches when they form so they're spread out and catching the light.

thanks scrub, so basically i should snip the leaves growing out of the tippity top of the plant so that the other little buds can start growing outward more correct?

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Yup that's right. What you'd want to snip exactly is the little "bud" shape of fine and very small leaves that haven't curled out yet, in one snip. The growing tip. An advancement on simple tipping is FIMming. FIM stands for Fuck I Missed (while I was trying to tip/pinch my plants). It's basically tipping it with a razor sorta through the middle of the grow tip "bud", and a strange reaction can happen if you get it right so even more branches will shoot out of that point than normal. I didn't have that much luck with it but it does work. Search FIM or FIMming. The only real thing I should warn you about is you must have "nodes" below where you pinch it, ie: places for the branches to shoot out of, where a leaf grows. It looks like you have enough there. Also if you run a search for thread titles containing "pinch" it'll give you more info on the regular pinching method.

If you really want to go nuts researching, I think the overall effect we're talking about is called something like apical dominance (or something like that). Basically that main grow tip is where all the action is normally, and when you cut it off, or lower it radically with LST, it sends a message to the lower shoots. That message is "grow like crazy, yo".