What's new

R.I.P. Robin Williams (1951-2014)

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have always been a fan of Robin Williams. All the way back to Mork and Mindy days. How very sad! RIP brother!

L

Luther Burbank

Lots of us with depression. We're all fighting our own demons. Saddened by the loss of Mr. Williams. He brought a lot of happiness to my childhood.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Just saw this and am shocked. His mind was so quick, I could barely keep up with his jokes. It was almost painful trying to keep up with him. He was like Jonathon Winters on speed. He did a show with Craig Fergusan about a year back, and it was so hilarious, that I saved the tape to keep in my library. If you can download the torrent, get it. It was him at his funniest. His ability to improvise was unsurpassed, with the possible exception of Jonathon Winters, who was his idol.
So much talent, so much success, money, a wife who loved him. Seems he had it all, and yet could not conquer his demons, demons we all share at times. His mind moved at the speed of light. It's as if he just burned himself out. What a shame......R.I.P.

C

CBDhunter

I grew up laughing with this man, so sad......., nanu nanu Mork !!!! I hope you find the peace you seek many will miss you forever!!!!! RIP

Croptober

One of my favorite movies growing up as a kid. He will be missed by many.

195066_large.jpg

DJXX

Veteran
RIP Robin...say hi to my wife...what a creative genius bringing the master art of humor to all of us..he is a legend and its a shame what depression can lead to...DJXX

BigJohnny

It's fuckin tragic man, I'm don't usually care when a celeb dies, but this is just shocking, more so because it was possibly a suicide.

iTarzan

This is the first I have heard of this. I am spinning. One more kind and decent one who really did not like what they saw any more. My heart goes out to his loved ones. What must his state of mind been like. What a loss. Bless his heart.

I used to like him until I found out how mean and terrible he was to his first two wives. Especially his first one. He wasn't who he appeared to be. Most all of Hollywood are not. They are fake in their actions and appearance.

I am still sad for him. I did love Mork.

St. Phatty

I remember watching Mork & Mindy ... the original, not re-runs.

I remember watching Williams on the last night of Johnny Carson - Robin still "had it" - the ability to do multiple funny impersonations.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
You made me laugh , now you have made me cry ,you have come full circle now , and thats no lie,my joy be yours now , even if we dont know why, good by robin , miss ya till the day I die,