What's new

QWISO

igby

Any way we could have this thead stickied? Its an enormous amount of info on a method not covered by a stickied thread yet (unless I missed it)

midwestwax33

Would the consistency of the end product vary depending on the tempature? I've seen photos on this thread with shatter, powder/kief, and sap/oil.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good point! Don't confuse rubbing alcohol and 99% Iso.

browntrout

Veteran
Just did two runs one short and one about 3-4 mins with 4L 99% iso and about 1/2 pound of trim. While making this and unintentionally inhaling some iso fumes I thought to myself what is it that keeps the THC from evaporating with the ISO? Is THC a solid? or does it bind with the plant matter (waxes,greases etc) that is left in the ISO after filtering?

I also found it odd that drying some iso liquid on a cigarette that it made it much sweeter and smooth than a regular cig, not something I have seen in iso before. Maybe it was the initial product.

BT

browntrout

Veteran
I boiled down the second long run of the batch and mixed it with the dry sift I made from the same bud/trim and yielded 16.7g unfortunately while boiling down the first wash of amber wax I sat the glass mixing bowl aside and about a minute later it shattered lost about 5-8g of perfect dab material. kinda shitty. yield would have been about 10% including the dry sift.