What's new

QWISO

Ms_Weekend

Hahaha, what a reaction. Sorry you do too much at a time? I've done 18 pounds in one wash before. I buy my alcohol in barrels.

You want to do it bigger? Get a bigger strainer, you can pick one up at almost any kitchen supply store. And if you can't find coffee filters big enough, try to find a lab supply store to find large sheets of filter paper.

But don't bring the bubble bags into this, I'm not too too sure, but the alcohol might damage the screens, I don't know. Just save them for making cold water extracts. That's all my :wallbash: smilie was about, I just cringed thinking of your ruined set of bags from being doused in iso. Why aren't you using them instead?!

The bitch of it is, getting it all purged. It took me a solid week, everyday, with 10 Salton hot plates, and a shitload of 16" x 8" pyrex dishes, to purge off 100L+ of alcohol.

As far as buddering goes, just heat it up until it melts, I always use boiling water, and then just whip it until it looks milky and then let it sit.

It's not bashing, it's putting people on the right track. Some people just can't take criticism. And as a matter of fact I will go play some Xbox, right after I finish applying the oil to my air filter for my STI.

Thanks for the neg rep, never had one before.

EDIT: Fuck this place, you come on here bitching because you didn't get what you wanted, talking like your some special mother fucker because you think you do it on a grandiose scale. FUCK YOU, READ THE TUTORIAL. As for me, this is officially it, no more, I stopped in a week ago after a year or so since my last visit and this is what I get. My life doesn't revolve around pot, and I'd rather spend my time doing something more productive than sitting on a computer.

You're a fucking pussy, I jump out of planes for fun on my weekends bitch.

all it would of took was a civil response like the first half of your 2nd response......I dont understand why we have to always show whos the baddest on here(I jump Out of planes, clean windows on my sti, & trim my toe nails in the dark)...were all the same, pot growers who are looking for alittle help/feedback to refine our goods......I got no problem with negative feedback but a smiley isnt exactly what I call feedback.....This set of 5 gal bub bags never gets used any more since I bought the 20 gal size, so I figured what the hell? see if I can strain the material out quicker to get a better product....if not, I make edibles for a living in a med state, so I just put the "not so good" hash in some edibles & try again..............................sorry to see you go, but atleast you left a very informative last post, Thanks

G

guest5703

I know Shmike and other dude was just laughing about it, but hey you cant disregard his comments, I mean, its his thread and you came here....thats besides the point though....

I DID offer you advice, I chimed in and helped so you wouldnt have to come back with negativity for anyone. I guess it just wasnt enough, and I'm sorry SHMIKE that your leaving.

Anyway, lets just try to KEEP THIS THREAD ON TRACK by posting more pics eh??? Keep the discussions clean, and informational??? If not were all gonna get this thread canned and then no one can learn anymore.

PEACE

Ms_Weekend

Sorry caligreen for lumpng you in with the other 2 posters who think its funny to pick on people who are trying new things....I thank you for having the decency to atleast give me a response with words & help.

ON TO THE PICS OF THE FLAMED QWISO, THAT WAS STRAINED IN BUB BAGS:hide:.....DRIED W/ FAN, NO HEAT

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

E

Ex-Shmike

Weekends, I'm sorry I said what I said. But we're both human, and those types of reactions are expected. I didn't mean to beat my drum with the whole trying to brag about my personal life, but you tried to personally attack me and that just doesn't sit right with me, I was just filling you in. And I'm sure you're wonderful people we just got of on the wrong foot.

What I did for anyone here was a privileged, not a right. I don't have to answer your questions if I don't want to, nor did I have to take time out of my day to sit down and build a nice compact tutorial and help members of the forum with what I do best, alcohol extracts.

I take full responsibility for Canna, and apologize for his outbursts. I appreciate the defense Canna, but don't risk your membership or the thread over it. This is a wonderful community.

Weekends, I was just angered that you posted something that seemed like you didn't even bother to read the tutorial, or read through the thread because your questions may have been answered previously. But I still, answered your question.

Please keep the thread alive guys, I may be tooting my own horn but it's one hell of a quick wash tut, I left it up primarily for foaf who is making a Nooki page for it. (Post #95)

I'm sorry guys but I just can't deal anymore, forums are just too much of a hassle. Enjoy guys, it's been a real pleasure. Especially those whom I've looked up to over the years whether they noticed or not.

Sincerely, Shmike.

Ganjapreneur

Sorry caligreen for lumpng you in with the other 2 posters who think its funny to pick on people who are trying new things....I thank you for having the decency to atleast give me a response with words & help.

ON TO THE PICS OF THE FLAMED QWISO, THAT WAS STRAINED IN BUB BAGS:hide:.....DRIED W/ FAN, NO HEAT

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Id smoke that any day of the week.

Ms_Weekend

Weekends, I'm sorry I said what I said. But we're both human, and those types of reactions are expected. I didn't mean to beat my drum with the whole trying to brag about my personal life, but you tried to personally attack me and that just doesn't sit right with me, I was just filling you in. And I'm sure you're wonderful people we just got of on the wrong foot.

What I did for anyone here was a privileged, not a right. I don't have to answer your questions if I don't want to, nor did I have to take time out of my day to sit down and build a nice compact tutorial and help members of the forum with what I do best, alcohol extracts.

I take full responsibility for Canna, and apologize for his outbursts. I appreciate the defense Canna, but don't risk your membership or the thread over it. This is a wonderful community.

Weekends, I was just angered that you posted something that seemed like you didn't even bother to read the tutorial, or read through the thread because your questions may have been answered previously. But I still, answered your question.

Please keep the thread alive guys, I may be tooting my own horn but it's one hell of a quick wash tut, I left it up primarily for foaf who is making a Nooki page for it. (Post #95)

I'm sorry guys but I just can't deal anymore, forums are just too much of a hassle. Enjoy guys, it's been a real pleasure. Especially those whom I've looked up to over the years whether they noticed or not.

Sincerely, Shmike.

Thank you Shmike.....Im also sorry, I didnt mean to make you so frustrated you had to leave, but I understand how frustrating these boards can be. I got someone telling to burn myself to death because i posted pictures of my QWISO unbeknown to me they had never even tried QWISO before, or ever seen it in person.......... I was just looking for some feedback on the bub bag approach....I thought it was a good idea & it ended up turning out pretty good.........I did read your tutorial many times which is where I got the idea to use the 220 & 120 bags as a material strainer, then use the 20 bag as a coffee filter....might not as turned out as good as yours, but im working on it!:biggrin:.....if you ever do make it back here can you recommend what kind of filter paper works for big runs? thinking of lining my 20 bag?....or maybe you know of a paper filter bag? with a smaller micron that 20 because I did has some particulate make it through to the hash.

I

inthelight

I don't care if my oil is kind of green IMO still beats the hell out of straight buds by 100%. I even like to sprinkle a little ground up herb in the oil because I'm a freak like that.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I usually use ethanol, butane, or hexane for my oil extractions, but here is a run I did on mixed leaf using ISO last summer just to try it out.

I used mixed dry leaf and did three 20 second washes.

I filtered through a super fine mesh commercial strainer and a used restaurant sized coffee filter holder that I scored at a restaurant supply.

I dumped the washes through the wire filter first to instantly separate the wash from the plant material when dumped and let it slowly run through the coffee filter before squeezing and ringing it out.

After fan drying at an ambient temperature in the mid 80'sF, the resulting oil was tasty and well received by those testing it.

Here are some pictures.

GW

PS: I rushed the last wash a mite. Can you tell?

Last edited:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey qwiso-scenti...great thread! Quick question. I was thinking about doing a Qwiso run using material (primarily bud and popcorn) that I've used for dry sift. I typically don't sift the material over-long BUT it is pretty ground up. DO folks think that the end product would be contaminated by too much plant material? Maybe it would be better for cooking? Still - I do love that qwiso.

2-COOH

Great thread, lots of great info and pics!
Here are some pics from a fresh batch made from avery strong sativa...
1.jpg

2.jpg
I like to press it real thin, look through it...
3.jpg
conveniently covers bowl of greens...

irobot sd

4710657739_bf7fd8ebb7_b.jpg

4710658599_8e26a0a155_b.jpg

4711302912_6d6b15fc2c_b.jpg

4711305270_0c877dafc0_b.jpg

28 grams of low grade indoor bud 1st QWISO run 20 sec wash. 91% iso 470ml. Found a nice electric fondue heater worked nice with pyrex.
Oh and some blakberry kush. Cant wait to try it with some dank

bilbobonger

Anyone out there ever had an under-layer of bright orange shit growing in their QWISO? Had some great results in the past. The only thing I did different this time around was that I used a lot more herb. Had a good two inch layer of alcohol in each dish to vap off, so it took about a week I think. Left w/a fairly thick layer of golden-green QWISO. One dish came out fine, and the other has this bright orange under-layer on one side if you look closely (only visible in certain areas). I'd post a pic, but my camera crapped out.

2-COOH

qwiso=yum, cough, ahhhh

qwiso=yum, cough, ahhhh

Anyone out there ever had an under-layer of bright orange shit growing in their QWISO?
Growing? Shit as in feces? J/K, Yea, had losts of different shades, purple, red, pink... like if you have lots of purple or red in the flowers it tinges the qwiz...

so do you shake it up before you filter it?
you can, a lot of different ways are listed here, many ways to one outcome...

For example in this thread you'll have recommendations literally from 1 sec to 30 sec washes and more. I tried 7 or so just to see the diff(see pic).
qsam.jpg

Some nice nug makes a decent amount too, rather than phucking with all that leaf ;)
qsbud.jpg :smoke out: