What's new

Quitting for a while to reduce very high tolerance

Carraxe

Veteran
i smoke so little these days that i probably won't show positive on a piss test. the cannabis today is MUCH better than most of what i grew up with, i just don't need that much to get where i want to go. plus, i'm mixing it half & half with some tasty high CBD stuff when i do roll a joint instead of smoking one-hit bowls.

In my experience, I believe that doing CBD brings down the psychotropic effect.What do you think?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
In my experience, I believe that doing CBD brings down the psychotropic effect.What do you think?

i agree. mixing the two lets me smoke an entire joint & mellows me out. i don't smoke sativas at all. i'm hunting relaxation & couchlock...

Carraxe

Veteran
i agree. mixing the two lets me smoke an entire joint & mellows me out. i don't smoke sativas at all. i'm hunting relaxation & couchlock...

So, you still get couchlock out of the CBD. Nice. I never got anything useful out of it, other than reducing the effect of my THC plants.

Sweet smokes

GoatCheese

Veteran
So, you still get couchlock out of the CBD. Nice. I never got anything useful out of it, other than reducing the effect of my THC plants.

Sweet smokes

CBD does not cause the couchlock effect, It’s mostly caused by Myrcene.

Yea, few off-days will help with tolerance, but I actually like to have a nice bit of tolerance.
..thou I don’t have a 10 grams per day habit = Respect! :biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Sweet smokes

i find that (for me, anyway) it helps me with sleep & the arthritis pain in shoulders and hands. still got couchlock from the combination of CBD & good weed, yeah.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
CBD tincture and canna-cookies for the body buzz, vaping terps for the head buzz. Good combination IMO.

"Buzz" is a strange term. I remember getting a "buzz" in my perceived hearing from smoking PCP way back in the day. Only real time I "buzzed".

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Sweet smokes
I don't! Dt, ACDC and Har... but strains affect folks differently. e.g Bubba Kush is toted as a beddy bye strain. It doesn't do diddly for me at night so I use it as a pretty darn mellow daily strain.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I had my first smoke in 6 weeks on the weekend and thought I'd bump this thread. I broke the drought with some moderate strenth cannabis, ACE Congo & Orient Express. Both these are pleasant smokes without being very strong The experience taught me a few things.

-Despite my reduced tolerance I did not get trippy high from my first smoke. In other words a tolerance break will not turn ok pot into super pot. I got nicely high though and it was enoyable. I know there is a member here who always used to say set and setting plus reduced tolerance are the reason most people get super high on Asian sativa's. I don't believe this is the case; I think they are just really strong if you get the right one.

-Cannabis is surprisingly easy to give up. No withdrawl symptoms despite years of nightly use, down to nothing, cold turkey. The odd feeling of gee, I wouldn't mind a smoke, was about it. Cannabis withdrawl is BS as far as my experience went. I did dream more, or maybe just remembered them.

-I didn't really miss it. In fact I enoyed being straight. I have given up booze as well and got to really enjoy my evenings substance free. I started to exercise more, took up mediation and practiced tai chi more, read books etc. The break has actually made me think that I will just stay as an occasional user, maybe once a week or even once per month. My stash will last more than a year at this rate. What I may miss more is growing.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I find out that smoking a single strain or variety makes it easier to get tolerance to it. So I try to mix them up, and also use edibles. I see no issue with eddibles. I seem to get higher if I ingest more. I have tested this up to 20 gr of bud extracted per portion. I can get as high the next day with same quantity. So I would advise you to add eating weed stuff to your drugs plan if you need to stay medicated but don't want such a big tolerance to weed as from smoking it.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I have a variety of cultivars to smoke, I switch them up to get the desired results.

Mostly self bred hybrids, no heavy indicas, no pure sativas.

There is hashish and cobs too.

Not a fan of edibles, they too flat for me.

Ive been smoking nearly every day for a few years, and if I get a tolerance from a favorite cultivar, I smoke a different one.

All good.

Latest posts

Latest posts