What's new

Quitting for a while to reduce very high tolerance

Ringodoggie

Premium user
ehm :D sorry to break it up to you, but you will grow tolerance to shrooms much faster than weed. If you take shrooms daily, you will not get any effect after few days.

Thanks.

You're probably right on track. I would definitely do it every day. LOL Thanks for that thought.

I can remember doing acid in the 60's and eating 5 to 8 tabs while everyone else was splitting one tab. LOL

Guess I need more lecithin. LOL

'Boogieman'

I have quit for a month or longer many times but I find my tolerance comes back in just a few short days. Once I smoke I just want to keep smoking.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
i quit cold turkey for 60 days totally randomly a couple years ago... only difference in myself was just being more of a dick towards people ... puffed again after that break and just became me again... I did switch from smoking out the bong for 200 watt hash oil Vape... lungs feel rejuvenated and feel 10x healthier

rolandomota

Veteran
I can't get high enough with anything son of a bitch this is annoying o man this sucks bad I'm going to smoke a kiff bowl because this is pissing me off

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I can't get high enough with anything son of a bitch this is annoying o man this sucks bad I'm going to smoke a kiff bowl because this is pissing me off
Always got a stronger buzz when i smoke and then start an activity to get suprised by the buzz. So smoke your bowl and do something you realy enjoy. And don't think of not getting high your expectation influenzes your experience.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been keeping a low tolerance for years by staying sober during the week and getting high on the weekends. An injury earlier this year changed that. I started getting high all day every day to manage the pain. After a surgery last month, I went through an ounce of top quality Headband and Harlequin in 10 days. I hadn't done that before.

Once I'm working again, I'll go back to staying sober 5 days a week. It's something special to be able to take a couple hits and get really really high on a Friday night. I miss that.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last time I went more than a day, or even a whole day, without ingesting cannabis, was 1999. I had just moved to San Diego and I quit smoking for 30 days to find a job.
There was a period from 2003-2008 or 9 that I didn't smoke during the day 5 days a week, but I was high on prescribed opiates to be able to work. I used to think about tolerance back in the eighties and nineties...but it hasn't factored in for at least 20-25 years.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This might not be the best idea, but some of the synthetic cannabinoids have no ceiling. JWH-018 will get you as high as you want no matter how high your tolerance is for weed. It can't be a regular thing, though. Daily use can raise your tolerance so high that you basically become immune to actual weed.

Carraxe

Veteran
I actually feel quite like immune since I spent the last months growing my tolerance back. It wouldn't have much sense to stop now during the quarentine, but I plan to stop again for a month or two as soon as I can go outdoors freely.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's one thing I miss the most about having a low tolerance. I have sex with my wife every day at least once. When we've been sober all week and then get high and fuck on a Friday night, it's magical. Everything feels ten times more intense. Getting high and having sex every day is great, but it's not the same as when I was getting high on Fridays and Saturdays only.

noknees

Getting high and having sex every day is great, but it's not the same as when I was getting high on Fridays and Saturdays only.

dude, edibles on the weekends. :biggrin:

nothing crazy dosage-wise. if you need a little extra, have a puff.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude, edibles on the weekends. :biggrin:

nothing crazy dosage-wise. if you need a little extra, have a puff.

I had surgery a few weeks ago, so I've been having weed tincture at night to sleep through the pain. I make these ultra concentrated tinctures where one drop is normally enough to get me as high as I want. Two drops would give me visuals like a mild acid trip. Lately I've been having 8 - 10 drops before bed, then another 8 - 10 a few hours later, then a few more in the early morning to get another hour or two of sleep. That's why my tolerance got so high.

I went through a hash oil phase in 2013 / 2014 where I was making new batches every weekend. I have over an ounce of it in the freezer. I don't know why I didn't think about this until just now. I should break out my old hash vape and give it a try.

Carraxe

Veteran
I'm living without weed again and it is also nice. I'll be like that for some time. Probably for months.

Enjoy your life

Carraxe

Veteran
I've been weed-clean for two weeks, working my tolerance back. I can't believe how much I dream every night. Just for the dreaming, it is worth the effort.

I've experienced feelings and situations that the normal live doesn't provide. That's kind of a natural high.

I know I'll be back to weed, I just needed a break. I was again smoking a minimum of 5 joints every day, each one of them had more than a gram of weed inside.

Sweet dreams

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Interesting thread. I have been using cannabis for 43 years with the odd break here and there. I woke up a few days ago and decided I needed a break so haven't touched it since. On my 4th day so far and feeling fine. Also stopped alcohol as well. I have about a 1/4 pound in the house, as well as beer and vodka, but haven't really felt the urge too badly.

In my teens and 20s I used it all day, every day. Now just in the evenings, but even so, can notice a tolerance build up.

I am finding this quite easy so far. Just the odd minor craving. I have increased exercise, walking, riding my push bike, meditating, tai chi and reading. I think the key is to find another activity.

mikeross

You don't realize how potent bud is these days until you take a tolerance break.

I've been smoking heavy since my late teens, coming on 20 years now. I smoke about 1/8th every day minimum for the past 15 years.

Every year the family travels overseas to visit family. I'm there for 2-4 weeks every year, so nice little tolerance break. When I return i'm always shocked how ripped I get just off a couple puffs.
No matter how high my tolerance is, a joint lace with some keif will always get me nice and toasted. Dab sessions in the evening always cripple any tolerance I have too lol. :party:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Carraxe, stay strong, your inner voice tells you the truth or best way!

It´s interesting with the tolerance. In the past when I made weedbrownies, I ate to much of them and it was not really nice mostly in the beginning. Before 3 weeks I made weedbrownies again and thought, try to find out what do you feel with less.

While making the brownies I licked up a knife with a little bit on it and felt a little bit. Next time i tried a 10 Gramm piece of the cake and was really stoned for a while, but it was nice. Now 3 weeks later I eat a 30 Gramm piece of the brownies to get the same effect like 3 weeks before with 10 Gramm.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i smoke so little these days that i probably won't show positive on a piss test. the cannabis today is MUCH better than most of what i grew up with, i just don't need that much to get where i want to go. plus, i'm mixing it half & half with some tasty high CBD stuff when i do roll a joint instead of smoking one-hit bowls.