What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quit Alcohol - Support Thread

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yeah they got quarter pints, half pints, pints n fifths. Id usually drink 2 half pints, hennessy or remy martin.
Damn sucks about your liver. They told me I was on the edge with my liver n prediabetic. Getchu some milk thistle pills, think it really helped takin one of those every day. I started exercising and stopped drinkin for almost a year then had a loved one pass n fell back off.
Alcohol been an expensive habit for me. I spend 12-20 dollars a day. Adding it up thats about 4-7k a year on drank. Smdh.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah, almost everyone I know is dead from drinking.my dad and I usually split a 30 pack of natural ice.i had a passing recently too and it's been hard.pluse neighbors are geeked up and who knows what.but I digress.we are pretty much ready to quit.its messed up I'm only 33 with liver desaese.im border line MS.but I'm probably gonna detox again.boy that sucks.so I drink about 15 beers a day or I was.im quitting or I'm dead.i spend about the same amount a year.now I'm gonna be sick cause I'm broke and can't get to the hospital.if I call an ambulance my neighbors will fucking rob me cause they know nobody is home.aint that a bitch?

Cuddles

Oh man.im going through withdrawal bad.im going to detox soon I think.it just sucks cause they put an IV in your arm and when your dehydrated it can take several times to find a vein.

They are being cheap too because the last times they didn't even give me a "banana bag".they call it a banana bag cause it is yellow.it really looks like piss.its a bag with vitamins.mostly B vitamins

you don´t need that funny banana thing , just order some wheatgrass powder, it´s cheap and highly effective. as I suggested earlier in this post, drink lots of other, healthier fluids, plain water, teas you like, if you have a juice extractor make some great fruit (fresh apple juice tastes amazing) or veggie juice. You can start detoxing your body at home.
The psychological /drinking out of habit is harder to overcome, I know. I really want to stop smoking not just for health reasons but, even more pressing, MONEY (or lack of)
I´ve found a book I bought when I was a student , it´s basically a form of self-hypnosis, for lack of a better description. I´m gonna apply the technique and see how it goes.

btw have you reported those criminal neighbours to the police at all, can´t they do anything`?

shithawk420

Veteran
you don´t need that funny banana thing , just order some wheatgrass powder, it´s cheap and highly effective. as I suggested earlier in this post, drink lots of other, healthier fluids, plain water, teas you like, if you have a juice extractor make some great fruit (fresh apple juice tastes amazing) or veggie juice. You can start detoxing your body at home.
The psychological /drinking out of habit is harder to overcome, I know. I really want to stop smoking not just for health reasons but, even more pressing, MONEY (or lack of)
I´ve found a book I bought when I was a student , it´s basically a form of self-hypnosis, for lack of a better description. I´m gonna apply the technique and see how it goes.

btw have you reported those criminal neighbours to the police at all, can´t they do anything`?

yeah,I called 911 cause I thought they were stealing my lawn mower but they simply won't do anything.they already stole my minibike and other lawn mower.i don't understand.its beyond my understanding.i think they are working with the cops or something.they have me scared as hell.my mom might work something out and I can get the hell outta here.my mom owns my house.

Thanks for the advice.ill try what you said.i appreciate it

Cuddles

I´m currently going through the book again. I just googled it and it is available again but it´s being sold for $$$ , I mean the lowest price i found was 150 GBP! Another was over 400$ . The original publisher doesn´t have it anymore. The auhour had made it available on Amazo but I don´t know how much for as it is out of stock.
Some testimonials do mention giving up smoking and drinking successfully.

here´s what it looks like
https://www.mindbodyspirit.org.uk/s...f-and-your-life-without-will-power-or-effort/

Cuddles

I did another search for the book to see if it´s available for a decent price but no luck, I´m afraid. It´s classified as `rare´ these days. Couldn´t find it on ebay either.
But the fact that nobody is selling their personal copy is a sign, that the method really does work.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Yeah they got quarter pints, half pints, pints n fifths. Id usually drink 2 half pints, hennessy or remy martin.
Damn sucks about your liver. They told me I was on the edge with my liver n prediabetic. Getchu some milk thistle pills, think it really helped takin one of those every day. I started exercising and stopped drinkin for almost a year then had a loved one pass n fell back off.
Alcohol been an expensive habit for me. I spend 12-20 dollars a day. Adding it up thats about 4-7k a year on drank. Smdh.

I would drink a case a day, cheap beer (that's $18). The money was spent at the local beer bar. Maybe 40 bucks a whack, each day. So a $60/day bad habit that did no good. Add in 5 pounds or so a year at $1200-1600+, and the money goes. I am retired and have a fixed income. A lot of that income was going out the end of my dick. If I spend $5 at the bar now, it was 2ea $1 waters and a tip. My friends are dead, so I am not buying rounds anymore. Not having to clean and recycle the empty beer cans is a nice benefit. Another is that I can see my stomach muscles again and have dropped 2" off my pant waist size. This despite a serious Dorito addiction (spicy nacho flavor).

The way I quit was by being pissed off at myself for letting myself lose control due to drinking. You have to have some kind of emotion, and fear is as good as any. I was and am afraid of the stuff now. Not one sip of beer since the day I said fuck this, I am better than a drunk. This site helped a lot also.

Cuddles

That's not a bad idea cuddles.its just that I'm scared to leave my house for even one second cause my meth head neighbors will rob or kill me.the one kid pulled a fucking sword on me.my hands are tied.fuck I hate meth

Perhaps you could organize the meetings at your place? After all they have to take place somewhere right ? :)

shithawk420

Veteran
Perhaps you could organize the meetings at your place? After all they have to take place somewhere right ? :)

That's a a good idea actually.but my place caught fire and it's pretty nasty.i don't know what's gonna happen.i might be on the streets soon..no idea what's gonna happen.dont know what else to do but listen to Sade and have a couple beers.i know it sounds weird but I don't know what to do..oh I'm listening to Christopher cross right now.Sailing.im only 33.i grew up young.might listen to YES or ELP.havent decided.either way I'm screwed and tattooed.hublle has a big problem but mine is a lot bigger.if he is even real

Cuddles

That's a a good idea actually.but my place caught fire and it's pretty nasty.i don't know what's gonna happen.i might be on the streets soon..no idea what's gonna happen.dont know what else to do but listen to Sade and have a couple beers.i know it sounds weird but I don't know what to do..oh I'm listening to Christopher cross right now.Sailing.im only 33.i grew up young

a fire ?! OMG how bad is it, how did it happen? 😲

shithawk420

Veteran
Field mice made a nest in my stove.i was preheating it and it caught fire.y dog and I almost died.it was really scary.a buddy of mine died in a fire 4 years ago.ive probably got PTSD.ive got some water and electricity but it's nasty.im on antipsychotics but I think it's making me worse

Cuddles

Field mice made a nest in my stove.i was preheating it and it caught fire.y dog and I almost died.it was really scary.a buddy of mine died in a fire 4 years ago.ive probably got PTSD.ive got some water and electricity but it's nasty.im on antipsychotics but I think it's making me worse

bloody hell, that does sounds horrible! I´m glad you´re okay. You really do need to move to a new place and I hope you find something suitable soon. My flat is crappy too but at least it´s not fire damaged.
Very to hear about your friend. What a terrible way to die. :(
You could try maca root supp for PTSD. Try a quick google search :)

shithawk420

Veteran
thanks cuddles yeah all of this is tragic but i guess im still alive at least.i wasnt in the state at the time but i can only guess my buddies furnace or heater caused the fire..if i was there i could of at least saved the animals.

nothing is set in stone but its possible i might be able to move to a very nice place away from all this. ill have to look into maca root..thanks again cuddles and everyone

shithawk420

Veteran
I went a week without drinking and relapsed for a few days.drinking Powerade right now and started eating again.gonna try to go at least a couple without drinking

MdNewgrower

So, is this still a living thread? Is this thing on?

Alcohol has been the monkey in my wrench for way too long. My problem, thankfully I suppose, is that it always stops short of a rock bottom episode, unless you count my wife being almost perpetually mad at and/or hurt(emotionally) by me. I am a fully functioning adult and member of society.

But I drink. Every. Single. Day. Or night, as the case may be.

And more and more lately, I reach blackout levels, where the bad-decision making elixer known as alcohol, ramps it up from mild to wild. Usually in the form of completely removing any verbal filter I may(or in truth, may not) already possess, thereby causing random arguments, about random things that don't really mean anything.

I need to stop. Full stop.

But it's harder than it sounds. Don't know why, but it is.

Just venting,..

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You are not skaird enough yet of what you are doing to your life, probably cause you don't see it. The alky (and carbs) have a hook in your brain, allowing it you to rationalize away the damage you are doing to yourself, and probably your wife and others who care about you.

I quit one morning almost 2 years ago. Have not had a sip of beer since. Being stoned all the time is one thing, but being drunk at the same time is another. I would rather live my life healthy, rather than injured from being drunk.

Nobody can make you quit but yourself.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.................Alcohol has been the monkey in my wrench for way too long. My problem, thankfully I suppose, is that it always stops short of a rock bottom episode, unless you count my wife being almost perpetually mad at and/or hurt(emotionally) by me. I am a fully functioning adult and member of society..........,..

"I am a fully functioning adult and member of society", would that statement still be true if your wife wasn't around to keep you propped up?

........... something to think about, or not? :whistling:

............................................ nothing lasts forever. :clock watch:

Latest posts

Latest posts