What's new

Quit Alcohol - Support Thread

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Congrats, this is do-able. Drink water in a bottle if you had a beer habit. It turns out I drink a lot of water, and didn't know, cause I drank a lot of beer. Plus the habit of holding a drink.

Best of luck to you. The only thing stopping you is the carbohydrate craving brain cells, so fight those bastards and they will fade away. I ate a lot of Doritos, and am addicted to the spicy nacho ones now.

G

cheers braddah fill the void it leaves with connection with places, people, and animals.
Much Aloha

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Smoking a type 2 strain. Which means a 50:50 THC/CBD ratio.
Very nice, it's helping a lot. The effects are feeling like rolled up in a blanket in a warm and comfortable place. Zero paranoia and no racy thoughts. You can function perfectly with it. Just chilled out feeling.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
don't forget AA, the meetings suck at first until you realize everyone is just like you, then the meetings become a kind of social event.

...and don't give up, no matter what, just don't drink and pretty soon staying sober becomes easy.

...my first shot at putting the jug down was in the early '80's but i didn't actually quit until April '98, so just over 23 years now and i am still greatful i don't have to live with booze any more.

...and the only reason that is true is because i didn't give up, and i went to an assload of meetings the first few years, lol.

peace, bozo

Cuddles

A full week today of being sober!!!🏆🎉🎊

well done! I take it you did it on a daily basis and I wonder if smoking weed helped you this past week. also curious if it´s a particular strain that helps with this sort of thing.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
well done! I take it you did it on a daily basis and I wonder if smoking weed helped you this past week. also curious if it´s a particular strain that helps with this sort of thing.

I did find some relief in using a type 2 strain (a 50:50 THC/CBD ratio).

I can post which strain because they are a forum sponsor.
It was a freebie seed from Philosopherseeds named Sweet Love CBD
https://www.philosopherseeds.com/en/sweet-love-p-44.html

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
thanks, 65 days flowering - is it really that quick tho? my lowryder is taking for ever and it´s an auto and is suppose to be fast lol

Can't say, I don't keep track of how long flowering takes or weight of my grows. I harvest when it's ready. This was just like any other hybrid. Nothing special to note.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
here is a sweet jam that illustrates what we look like when we are drunk.

peace, bozo

not all of us mind you, and not all the time, but this is the road where drink leads us in the end! ...i pray none of you get here because coming back from this low a bottom requires a miracle!

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol bozo! That's a good video! I've been going through some bad withdrawal.im still drinking beer.was puking outside my doctor's office yesterday.just got done puking 10 minutes ago.its bad.wish I could quit.just got so much Bs in my life.only people I know are alcoholics.

Tried drinking lower ABV beer to ween myself but it's not helping.gonna have to go to detox again probably.

Cuddles

Lol bozo! That's a good video! I've been going through some bad withdrawal.im still drinking beer.was puking outside my doctor's office yesterday.just got done puking 10 minutes ago.its bad.wish I could quit.just got so much Bs in my life.only people I know are alcoholics.

Tried drinking lower ABV beer to ween myself but it's not helping.gonna have to go to detox again probably.

I´m very sorry to hear this mate. drinking until you end up being sick is not fun anymore at all. :( hope you got some baking soda in the house to take.... and drink lots of water too.
btw if you feel sick but hungry tomorrow I recommend snacking on a few slices of cucumber, it helps to settle the tummy. a little trick I discovered once.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I've been sober 9 years and I sometimes still puke. It doesn't go away. I usually barf in the morning. When smoking too. Blah!

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks cuddles.alcohol is no joke.its not worth it in the end.i never thought about baking soda.sometimes 7up soda can help.cucumbers is a good idea.im glad to hear you guys are sober.i salute you.

Yeah I puke in the morning too Doober.then I feel better,drink a beer and go through the same thing over again.

justanotherbozo

Veteran

...if you truly want to get off that fucking roller coaster then you need to become willing to do whatever it takes to find a different way of life and i promise you that switching to a different form of alcohol will fail, guaranteed!

...what you need to do is go to a meeting because, oddly enough, 100% of the people you will meet there are drunks just like you and everyone you know, they just don't drink and every one of them goes out of thier way to help each other, most especially the newcomer, believe me bro, if you are open to it you will find a lot of love at meetings!

meetings saved my life, 2 rehabs, several detox's and a few halfway house's all failed but once i became desperate enough i started to grit my teeth and sit through the meetings until i started to put a few days together, and then i began to listen and i learned to relate to what i was hearing rather than comparing what i heard to my own life.

...anyway, if you truly want to stop killing your life then you need to become willing to go to meetings rather than to the bar, go to 90 meetings in 90 days and if you still hate the meetings then AA will refund your misery!

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

Veteran
being a drunk cost me more than i care to think about but one thing i still regret is all the memories i lost, the ones i missed because i was too busy at the bar and the ones i actually experienced but was so drunk that the memories have been erased.

...this here is an example of what i'm talking about because i didn't discover this guy until 10 years after he was dead and if i'd heard it when it was recorded in 1983 i would have had a chance to see him live before he was killed in a helicopter crash!

...anyway this track changed my life!

peas, bozo

btw, Stevie went through his own hell with whiskey and cocaine and almost died but a rehab and lots of meetings saved him, he was 4 years clean when he was killed but he was high as fuck the night this was recorded, the story goes he was so high that he passed out a few hours before the show and they had a real problem waking him up and when they did manage to wake him he got up, grabbed his guitar and went out and put on a truly amazing show!

shithawk420

Veteran
I appreciate it bozo.dont know how much I wanna say for certain reasons but today,and I shit you guys not,I was supposed to go to a certafied haunted house today.invitation only.it was on haunted houses or whatever that reality tv show.i don't believe in that stuff but could of got a job doing something.anyway long story short it got cancelled.so instead we took back country drinking in the rain like we are kids.so we decide to go to the only butcher shop in the county.sorry.long story short were just fucking around drinking on old back country roads.now,this is my father and 67 year old buddy.we are not kids.we have all gone to prison for DUI.and we still fuck around like that.we had a good time but that shits ridiculous and I definitely do not agree with.but we don't usually take main roads.

Just a real short story in my actual life.could tell more but well,who would believe me?now THAT is how you know you live in the country.but that's another thread.lol

Cuddles

Thanks cuddles.alcohol is no joke.its not worth it in the end.i never thought about baking soda.sometimes 7up soda can help.cucumbers is a good idea.im glad to hear you guys are sober.i salute you.

Yeah I puke in the morning too Doober.then I feel better,drink a beer and go through the same thing over again.

the baking soda helps prevent hangovers because it neutralizes the acids in your body. BUT never take more than 1 gram at a time and not too much in general because too much can literally kill you. But 1-2 throughout per day / night is fine. It can also be taken the following morning ( 1 gram should be sufficient).

Oh btw, I do drink myself but I don´t have a serious problem, although I thought I did at one point, but that was when I was still clinically depressed.

I wish you guys the best of luck with kicking this addiction :)

Latest posts

Latest posts