What's new

Quicly need Hi Fi advice!!

I would need to research a bit more, but initialy I like the nad...I have had integrated amps from both companies, liked them both....Looks like the nad allows you to separate the preamp and power amp...I don't think the marantz does...but then maybe that is unimportant to you...peace

F

fuxfish

I have a buddy that has the exact same amp(MARANTZ PM6003 AMPLIFIER),very clean and tight sounding...go for it.i will be looking into this model after x-mas!

Merry Christmas!:santa1:

Last edited:

desant

Veteran
Did you make up your mind ? Let us know what you got and how you like it..

Hi mate

thanks for help

i think i am going to go with NAD

but now i wanted to check this: can i connect a subwoofer to this amp? Or do u need a "home theatre" type amp with 5.1 output?

This is the back of the amp

http://www.superfi.co.uk/popup.cfm?...E AMPLIFIER&image_name=nad_c326_rear_1200.jpg

There is a conenction called "sub" in there i dont know what it does

And theres a conection under speaker output marked in and out, i dont know what that does

This is a unknown area for me... never had a dedicated subwoofer before..

Im buying cheepish BUT high quality speakers but i feel i also need a subwoofer

:xmastree::tree::window::stocking::thanks:

desant

Veteran
"You will need a pre-amp to run that amp."

I would need to research a bit more, but initialy I like the nad...I have had integrated amps from both companies, liked them both....Looks like the nad allows you to separate the preamp and power amp...I don't think the marantz does...but then maybe that is unimportant to you...peace

U certainly do not. Folkmaster said that too:

"the nad allows you to separate the preamp and power amp...I don't think the marantz does...but then maybe that is unimportant to you..."

I HAD already a NAD 370, 120 watt monster. And didnt need any pre amp. This new NAD is like 370 only re built and improved with better quality and lighter power load....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:window:

desant

Veteran
As for a subwoofer

i have this dodgy "rel 5" subwoofer i bought on the ebay last year...

But i havent got the amp yet so i didnt even try it yet.... supposed to be a good subwoofer, the only problem is that thing got "neutrik speakon" type connection which is a bit shit.... dont know hot to connect it

desant

Veteran
"Integrated amplifiers are generally the most affordable and common amplifiers that most people have, containing both the pre-amplifier and power amplifier in the one box."

NAD is a "integrated Amp"

My bad, sorry I stopped by.

"You will need a pre-amp to run that amp."

U certainly do not. Folkmaster said that too:

"the nad allows you to separate the preamp and power amp...I don't think the marantz does...but then maybe that is unimportant to you..."

I HAD already a NAD 370, 120 watt monster. And didnt need any pre amp. This new NAD is like 370 only re built and improved with better quality and lighter power load....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:window:

Two important differences that I see...

The Nad won't run a turntable..The Marantz will..You can still use a turntable on the NAD, but you will have to get a turntable preamp...thay are pretty inexpensive..run it through the auxillary..etc..If you don't use records of course this isn't an issue...Still, I find this odd

The NAD has two sub woofer outs for running up to two powered subs(sweet) and the Marantz has zilch, but again this doesn't mean you can't use a subwoofer off the Marantz,..Though I much prefer the NAD setup....
I could be wrong, I have terrible eyesight, so when I tell you something..always double check I am not talking out my ass....

Oh you mentioned 5.1..I like stereo 2.1...2.2...hands down over 5.1 0r 7.1 for listening to music...but that's just me...

desant

Veteran
"Marantz has zilch"

that settels it.

But i will call NAD on the 27th just to double check i can run a subwoofer

Thanx for help dude

One more question, what is (if any) the difference between a subwoofer and a "sub bass system"?

Sub Bass System is same as subwoofer, I think Sub Bass system is the UK way of saying a high end subwoofer system...England has several companies making extremely high quality(and expensive) speakers nowadays.. So when you hear Sub Bass System terminology thrown around, I think it's supposed to set bells off in your head, that we are talking audiophile quality now...That's my theory

Here is the owner's manual for that NAD... you need adobe reader....it says it will run up to two powereed subs.... http://www.superfi.co.uk/extras/Nad/NAD-C326BEE_manual.pdf

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
FWIW, the NAD doesn't look like it has a dedicated sub output. The outputs in the pic are for conventional, full range speakers. You may connect one (or two) subs to these outputs but that's no indication you have the crossover tweaked to the correct pass. In my experience, subwoofer outputs are mono, (combined left and right signals) not stereo.

Besides, if you connected subwoofers where would you connect your mids and highs?

The earlier question you had about the "sub connections"........they look like signal inputs, not amplified, speaker outputs.

To me it looks like a conventional 2-channel stereo. I looked for a low pass signal output for a powered sub and didn't see one.

If you want to run a subwoofer, I think you'll need something that has a low pass (sub) signal out. If your ebay sub isn't powered, you'll need a 5.1 amp or some hybrid that has powered stereo outs AND a powered sub out.

Somebody mentioned a turntable earlier. Both of the analog inputs on the back of the NAD will work for a turntable. NAD simply chose not the label any of the inputs "phono", probably because it's old technology. "VIDEO" (VCR) and "TUNER" are both analog and would operate a turntable.

I'm sure it's quality. If you choose it I hope you enjoy.

Latest posts

Latest posts