What's new

quick question

d3cryption

Veteran
I have a 10 x 10 room....... current with 8 plants that's been vEgging for 1wk, with 5 to 6 weeks remaining....

Strains are gg4 and stardawg..
I have 2x 600 hps and 1k hps. I plan to buy another light or 2.

Now... Should I clone the ones I have Now to get my lant count to 18 - 24.. and do single donuts ? ( im thinking it could get crowded)

Or just stay with the 8 plants and do 2 double staked donuts scrog 4 plants each?
Also leaving more room in the 10 x 10 to move around.....

Thanks in advance

Miraculous Meds

Single donuts aren't going to compare to the power of stacking. Stack em space em right scrog em and crush gpw by a long shot with good veg. You will have a little extra room in there to set up infrastructure and get around and train.

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Put 5000 watts in there and spread that shit out with everything covered in reflectix/prodex/orca of choice and budget , then work whatcha got till Harvey to see what`s best to go back in next run.....

Lotta folks growin 4 plant 5 light setups with 10x10 rooms like HL45 and pullin 10-12+ lbs regularly these days with proper strain and lil veg time....things to ponder....50 watts per sq ft is your friend...bet on it...

Good luck....DHF....:ying:......

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am with DHF on this one.
heres why:

1 Not enough room for more than one doughnut. A doughnut will take at least 5 feet in diameter. Any closer and you will burn the tips of the plants when they lean in some. That is only true if you cannot get to them to maintain them.

2 There is no room to get around the doughnut. 5 Foot makes it so you can not get around them.

3 A stadium would work in here but is a higher plant count. The best would be a stadium tied to screens or held back by a net. But it requires you to train your plant more.

4 The tree grow takes less branches off the plant. This means less time pruning and tieing the plant back. The pruning will slow the plant some. By pruning I mean taking branches that can not be pull back to a screen or are hopelessly shaded and will do nothing but make larf. This does not count the smaller shaded buds and branches that would have to be removed on any plant.

5 Easier to set up. Just hang a bulb and you are done. You will still get crossing light patterns from multiple bulbs with out the set up for a second bulb like a doughnut needs. Still similar to a stadium light set up. Look around at how many people ask how to hang 2-3 lights and you will get the idea.

J

johndoe123

Put 5000 watts in there and spread that shit out with everything covered in reflectix/prodex/orca of choice and budget , then work whatcha got till Harvey to see what`s best to go back in next run.....

Lotta folks growin 4 plant 5 light setups with 10x10 rooms like HL45 and pullin 10-12+ lbs regularly these days with proper strain and lil veg time....things to ponder....50 watts per sq ft is your friend...bet on it...

I run a setup similar to this DHF was my inspiration to make the change...

LSWM

I think by the time you take clones and have plants ready to put into the room, you would be halfway through flowering some decent sized trees in that space.

10x10 is a tricky space because you could ALMOST fit 4 4x4 donuts in there and still be able to work around them. You could certainly fit 2 donuts and more than likely 3 in a T pattern. Then if you stack bulbs you'd be pushing as much or more watts than a 5k tree room.

I think I'm with everyone else here and going to say tree room. Or atleast a hybrid room. Maybe some trellising around the outside with smaller plants and your biggest ones on the inside. You could even take some clones now and throw them around the outside once they are ready if you can manage keeping the room at 12/12 and have separate veg space.

How do you plan on dealing with runoff? That's always the thing I forget until I have the whole room designed, then I have to redesign everything because of it.

Miraculous Meds

Man, u got all the pro's in here ur in good hands. I was gonna suggest freds idea, but since u have 8 plants instead of 4 IDk.... I have a room that size and I ran 2 600w stacked light donuts side by side. If u use screens like Ichabod, 3' wide with a 6" base and 4 sites per double stack, u could start with the back of ur screen 21" from the bulb. If u put this towards the back of ur room u will have decent room in the front for res's or whatever. U wont be able to do much work from the sides or back of ur stacks, but u can simply slide open the front screen like a door and just move ur fan to the side as u stand there right in front of each plant training them to perfection with out leaning over killing ur back.

Miraculous Meds

Man, u got all the pro's in here ur in good hands. I was gonna suggest freds idea, but since u have 8 plants instead of 4 IDk.... I have a room that size and I ran 2 600w stacked light donuts side by side. If u use screens like Ichabod, 3' wide with a 6" base and 4 sites per double stack, u could start with the back of ur screen 21" from the bulb. If u put this towards the back of ur room u will have decent room in the front for res's or whatever. U wont be able to do much work from the sides or back of ur stacks, but u can simply slide open the front screen like a door and just move ur fan to the side as u stand there right in front of each plant training them to perfection with out leaning over killing ur back.

If u start to get light bleaching, tie back to the screen more, or depending on pot size u still have room to pull each screen back another 6-12".

Miraculous Meds

Freds, Ive been dying to run this style, but I cant get my head around how to train a room like this. I know the chicken wire to the ceiling trick, but can u stand up in there, how much of a pain in the ass is the setup for training.

d3cryption

Veteran
Thanks for the replies..

I dont get how I would be pushing more than 5k with 2 stacked donuts ....

About to do some more searching

d3cryption

Veteran

Was more of my thinking

8 plants is the number

LSWM

Thanks for the replies..

I dont get how I would be pushing more than 5k with 2 stacked donuts ....

About to do some more searching

You'll notice I said you could fit 3 in there.

Like this:

XX
-X-

You won't be able to easily access where they all touch, but it will be doable by being able to access all around the sides. I have 4 donuts right now that sit end to end. I can't get between the sides that bump up against one another, but only needing to reach 2 feet into the donut makes this an easy task.

I still think a hybrid tree room may be your best bet with 8 plants. Look at how Ttystikk has his plants setup with 2 per light and just imagine putting 4 plants in the corners with trellising then, the other 4 in the middle bush style.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the hybrid tree room I speak of I drew up quick in paint. All the green is plants. The corners are trellised and the insides are bushes.

Attachments

• 10x10 with 8 plants 5 lights.png
    10x10 with 8 plants 5 lights.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 15

d3cryption

Veteran
You'll notice I said you could fit 3 in there.

Like this:

XX
-X-

You won't be able to easily access where they all touch, but it will be doable by being able to access all around the sides. I have 4 donuts right now that sit end to end. I can't get between the sides that bump up against one another, but only needing to reach 2 feet into the donut makes this an easy task.

I still think a hybrid tree room may be your best bet with 8 plants. Look at how Ttystikk has his plants setup with 2 per light and just imagine putting 4 plants in the corners with trellising then, the other 4 in the middle bush style.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the hybrid tree room I speak of I drew up quick in paint. All the green is plants. The corners are trellised and the insides are bushes.

The green l's being the other 4 plants ?

Miraculous Meds

I have a room this size and the 3 circles is a bit too tight im my mind.

This hybrid is a cool Idea, really cool... But How the hell do u get in there to train. My shit always suffers if I know its a pain in the balls to take care of it. So u have to account that into what ever design u choose. To me its ok to give up a little % if it makes it possible to care for them easier, cause then I will gain much more by proper care, instead of cramming things in.
Again though, I want to study this idea cause me likey.

LSWM

The corner trellising is exaggerated to 4 feet from the corners, giving you 8 feet wide of screen for each plant in the corner. Obviously a half circle/oval would be more appealing than a corner trellis, and as long as you keep all the bulbs 2' away from the plants you should have no issues whatsoever.

It's a design I've thought of running a few different times, but haven't gotten away from the doughnuts just yet...

LSWM

I have a room this size and the 3 circles is a bit too tight im my mind.

This hybrid is a cool Idea, really cool... But How the hell do u get in there to train. My shit always suffers if I know its a pain in the balls to take care of it. So u have to account that into what ever design u choose. To me its ok to give up a little % if it makes it possible to care for them easier, cause then I will gain much more by proper care, instead of cramming things in.
Again though, I want to study this idea cause me likey.

I agree, definitely would be tight. But you could also fit 6k instead of 5k. Lol, I don't think it would be worth it at all, but...

For any tree room you simply turn the lights off and have at it. The bushes in the middle you can either drop nets over or trellis to the ceiling.

Most people just let them go wild and thin out the middles, again, with the lights off. :tiphat: