What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quick Question regarding Autos and 12/12

Hamburglar

I am currently running Lowryder #2 at 18/6. It has been flowering for about 4-5 weeks or so. The thing is, I want to start on my 12/12 from seed grow ASAP so that I can harvest by the time I leave to go on holiday in August. Would the already flowering LR2 be negatively affected by flipping it to 12/12 for the last week(s) of it's flowering life?

Any help is appreciated!

It might lower the yield slightly and decrease finishing time. But considering your doing another grow, its nothing to worry about. Its just a tradeoff you have to make.

Hamburglar

Sweet! Thanks for the replies.

I was just worried that it would mess up flowering, but I'll switch it over to 12/12 tomorrow, as it's when the lights are on that it smells out my room even with odour control. I'll be popping some beans tonight!

C

cork144

Hi, I don't think it will effect your yield since they are close to harvest time.

ill second that, if there was going to be an effect on it, i doubt itll be much at all, the extra dark will help them finish abit faster.

Hey I'm growing 2 lowryder2 x diesel in my PC Grow Case. I'm also thinking about switching to 12/12 even tho Joint Doctor says they can go 24/0. I'm try to get a bigger yeild if I switch to 12/12

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
You will definitely not get a bigger yield with less light.

i beg to differ.... i grow out side and average 30 + grams on my lowryder 2's and 50 with my auto ak47s... i do veg the ones that do a lot better inside for 3 weeks though mainly to get rid of the males

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
mr mike - by less light I assume you mean a smaller yield running them 12/12 as opposed to 20/4 or similar...that makes sense.

were you thinking he meant with a lower powered light shroomyshroom? i don't know your location but surely outdoors with a nice climate has got to produce a larger yield :)

cheers

i am from australia bro :woohoo: hehehehe lol

our weather can be put down to a lucky dip on the best of days hehehehe

bet yes out doors i find i get massive yields and for free i am not complaining :D

Latest posts

Latest posts