What's new

Questions for Sam the Skunkman on Hindu Kush Indicas

juanhue

Does any one know if sensi seed changed there hk from '13 to '14. The packaging was even different. More updated had know info on it just a scan symbol.

Oldman Green

ICMAG CUP WINNER
Hello guys...

One question for Sam Skunkman....

This year I've grown a native seeds of indica variety of Khyber Pass, by the time I save some seeds in my book.

You know something more about its origin?

I show you pictures so they can assess ...

Red Khyber cultivo.jpg

khyber redimensionada.jpg

RED KHYBER 2.jpg

juanhue

Does any one know if sensi seed changed there hk from '13 to '14. The packaging was even different. More updated had know info on it just a scan symbol.

**Does any one know if sensi seed changed there hk from '13 to '14. The packaging was even different. More updated had no info on it just a scan symbol

mack 10

Veteran
not sure, probably just changed the packs.
you will have to grow them to find out.

dont forget to update with some pics when you germ them seeds.

Oldman Green

ICMAG CUP WINNER
Hello buddy!!!!

Sorry for the wait time. This year I received a Red Khyber 6 seeds, 2 seeds germinated only 1 of which turned out to be male and the other female.

It is a very disputed border crossing between Afghanistan and Pakistan, where historically spent Silk Road. My question to @SamSkunkman was to determine the authenticity of this race, if it is true that in that place has grown cannabis indica for generations without alterations in their genes.

I landraces cultivated varieties for years, and I have to say that this strain has surprised me positively. I think I found a good parental 100% Indica variety with no alterations in the genotype.

Surely then breeding lines with my gene pool. Sorry to tell you that I lost the hard drive and I'm going to collect all my photos. Later I can present them friend ....

Good vibes!!!!

Surely then breeding lines with my gene pool.
Please do not do this! Let them stay pure landrace anyway instead of what the SamS will say on them. Don't mix its, RK, genes with another' ones. Preserve as much pure genes from two good parents as possible and Let them stay natural, do not hybrids first. Do preserve Pure ones first! Is this possible that you may share of some pure genetics seeds of RK with me someday? If Yes then please let me know When. Write PM one day, dear green old man. Thank you for attention and for next photos will come as you plan.

Oldman Green

ICMAG CUP WINNER
Hi Friend ..

I keep cannabis plants for a few years, roughly from the late 90s there landrace In my book, IBL, and polyhybrids F1 hybrids.

The work I want done with Red Khyber are several. Some fresh blood does not come bad ever.

Good vibes !!!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hi Friend ..

The work I want done with Red Khyber are several. Some fresh blood does not come bad ever.

Good vibes !!!

Most people in the landrace scene might disagree. ;)

As long as the original strain is preserved there's no downside though.

Oldman Green

ICMAG CUP WINNER
Hi friend!!!!

Early work I've done with Red Khyber are: Red Khyber F2. La Bella (Queen Mother feno, crossing Sativa landrace) and Jamaican x Blueberry (old school feno, 80). Then I also made a cross with Sour Diesel IBL from Rezdog. As you can see, there is a bit of everything. I expect to see results.

To my cannabis breeding and cultivation of marijuana is a very special hobby. I keep many parenting from the late 90s with the intention of sharing them with the rest of marijuana lovers.

Good vibes!!!

Some fresh blood does not come bad ever.
As I understood you didn't keep any pure parental RK plants no more, right? If Yes then you spoiled them pure genetics forever and then now you have not pure RK at all but hybrids mixed on its base only. It is sadly to hear, very sadly. You did wrong work then. You made big mistake with rush to mix RK with others. SamS did such mistakes too when he was young and Now he tries to find pure genetics somehow but it's too late. He knows it very good. And do you understand now that you will miss the real good cannabis smoke when right day is gonna come? You will sit there one day rocking in your rocking chair smoking that fucked up hybridesque smoke and think why were you so short-sighted but it will be too late, too late.

ozza

Veteran
The difference between California and Australia was simple, Calif had Cannabis seeds from the world over, Australia did not, until the seeds started being sold internationaly after the 80"s. Also in 1970 the population of Australia was 12.5 million while the population of just Calif was 20 million. How many Australians were growing seeds from Columbia, Mexico, Central or South America? Africa? Middle East? Asian seeds yes, great Thais yes, but not from everywhere in the world, because importers took the best products to where the makets were biggest and the prices highest. That was California or the East coast. How much Mexican, Columbian, etc were imported into Australia in a year? About the amount that gets imported into Calif every day.
I don't live in California any more but I have no doubt where it started for many, California.

-SamS

I know this is an old post, I also respect a lot of what Sam says but I think this is total bullfeacal matter. We never had just Asian weed. There were hippies from Oz in sixties visiting America, Jamaica and all sorts of shit holes. India, Papua New Guinea I know of boat loads of ganja that was smuggled from Brazil many moons ago, hash smuggled from Morroco and from Afghanistan. All these are in cannabis lines over here that you haven't seen yet. 90% of people that grow cannabis in Australia don't order seeds over the net.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Valley_cannabis_infestation

See how the article said cannabis use exploded in Australia in 1963.

Oldman Green

ICMAG CUP WINNER
As I understood you didn't keep any pure parental RK plants no more, right? If Yes then you spoiled them pure genetics forever and then now you have not pure RK at all but hybrids mixed on its base only. It is sadly to hear, very sadly. You did wrong work then. You made big mistake with rush to mix RK with others. SamS did such mistakes too when he was young and Now he tries to find pure genetics somehow but it's too late. He knows it very good. And do you understand now that you will miss the real good cannabis smoke when right day is gonna come? You will sit there one day rocking in your rocking chair smoking that fucked up hybridesque smoke and think why were you so short-sighted but it will be too late, too late.
Friend you have not read all the messages well. Earlier I said that retained a parent of each sex in my book RK male and RK fem, I've also made the crosses that I explained earlier. You should not suffer for it. My plants are well kept,

Good vibes !!!!!

juanhue

Anybody do any breeding with hk males, if so is there a keeper to look out for. Any photos
ie
hollow stem, rubbery fat leaf that curves at the tips, or well branched woody stemed thiner leafed, or short not so branchy long fingered leaf

B

BadPenny

Wonder if Sam knows if the Jagermeister is a sibling or cousin to HK? Its an older cut I seen in Oregon, with that distinct taste and look, very similar to the HK. I was told it was a pheno found in an old pack of HK beans from Sensi, I believe, just wondering if this was true or if anyone really knew, etc?Thanks for any info

Latest posts

Latest posts