What's new

question for the breeders here

inquest

Right there with ya HH.
I've had plenty of girls not alternate untill the last bud. That bud always out weighs the non-alternating buds. And plants that have alternated earlier were always fuller and more productive.

I've seen this in my Lebanese, Loatian, and VietBlack Thais. If not for my Loas girls I'd say it was a broadleaf/indica trait.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
in my own experience plants start alternating nodes at sexual maturity. i don't veg anymore so the only alternating nodes i ever see these days are the main cola and buds. in fact i had never heard of non alternating nodes till i saw this thread. i really don't see why alternating nodes would produce more yield than non alternating nodes. when the buds grow 2 per node they just grow together into one big bud. if they were growing alternate it should do the same thing, just not side by side.

do you develop secondary branches when you are vegging? i have never seen any alternating nodes like i said till the plant reaches sexual maturity, and on the secondary branches...also only after maturity.

S

scai

Hmm...maybe bigger buds on alternating plants are bigger because the plant is mature? And maybe it's bigger than the non alternating one? That are put to flower earlier?

It's a bit misleading to say that you can get plants alternate in natural light...because we live in so different parts of the world ;) Our light hours are very different.
At the moment we here are rapidly going towards 24h light ;)
And maybe light intensity is different?

Autoflowers are the only ones that are going to flower now.
And they don't alternate eather, before maturity.At least not all of them, not mine anyway ;) I'm not expert with them, have few, though.

This is very interesting subject.
Bumped to this conversation as I was trying to find a conversation about leafpatterns and plant structures..

I do veg till plant is about 50-60 cm high.Still they dont alternate before I put them under 12/12 or less...Clones show sex at veg, but I already know who they are ;).
I see no reason to grow them any bigger?

Is the alternation only spec for you to look for parentplant or do you have any other criteria?
And if, why? Bigger crop? Or what is the benefit of alternation?

R

Raw_Dog

Yes here is Kali Mist. the main stem on the right is easer to see. I have had many plants do this. You can see she has 2 buds a space 2 buds a space all the way to the top. This plant has to much space between the nodes so I would not use it to breed with.

View Image

View Image
How does she smoke, she looks good for vertical growth.. place 12 around a light... get money.

Latest posts

Latest posts