What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Genghis Kush

700,000 people of Lebanese decent currently live in Colombia.

Originally they came as refugees from the Turkish Ottoman Empire, which included Lebanon.

Santa Marta was one of the first places they immigrated to.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
thunk sounds/looks great

I tried unsucessfully with Ohaze x Skunk.

My bad, I tossed the seeds after a couple weeks
as mold was getting them. Should've washed them
and kept going with a more stringent regiment.

I have the Thai Haze x Skunk and she loves me
long time. She matches buttyrekka's description.

She lost the black pepper after reveg, but after many
generation of cutting/reveg she is now full on black pepper.

No one knows exactly why.

Kush_Kloud

What about the possible connection between punto Rojo and Angolese sativas? Wouldn't this be good to test also Sam? Also along with Santa Marta Columbian Gold, Columbian black, and other Columbian NLD landraces? That way you can get a wider picture of what genetics are in Columbia.

Kush Kloud

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Onefinity, the only place I've found any of Sam's seeds is at seedboutique. Beware, I've read the seeds are quite old, carrying germination issues for most folks.

They have Thunk and Haze Skunk.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
It would be awesome if they would drop the price since they are so old. I would give them a whirl.

I would DEFINITELY give any new stock from Sam the Skunkman a whirl. To the tune of 10 packs or so.

Best

bigherb

Veteran
What would be awesome is if SamS sent in new stock

It would be amazing if he released new pure Haze stock using his best clones / favorites and a few Haze Hybrids and gave a description of the parents

I'd love too see a seed version of the Gold pheno of OHaze aka the frankincense/sandalwood incense type . I'd love to see the Thunk mom available maybe burning bush aswell as New Years haze

Sams recently mentioned in the future possibly doing a major major Haze grow And selecting for the best to find selects like the early Santa Cruz types

A Haze lover can dream

1luvbigherb

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Well if Sam needs a hand just let me know! Lol

I think I am going to just buy some packs from the bou, I am good at sprouting old seeds. I really want some of Sam's work. The plants are just so hardy and a breeze to grow. Plus the hash, drooool.

I would love to try all of those hazes, the green, the purple, the gold, the root beer one, yep everyone I want to grow! I am hoping these testers from Karma prove to be a high quality haze.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
9.5 weeks from seed...

9.5 weeks from seed...

the ohsk1 turned out female (pre-flowers w/ pistils)...
picture.php

...and the thunk looks like it's a male.

the ohsk1 (darker in person than the foto) doesn't want to side-branch
too much, which the lighter-green thunk does.
neither one went through a wide-leaf phase early in veg, like a few of the NevsHzs also going.
I guess for having only two plants, this will give some variety in the offspring to work with.
I wonder what that skunk1 used was like, and if the same one was used on both thunk and ohsk1...

the ohsk1 will soon be up-potted to a 2 gal. smart pot to become a mum for now.
clones'll be taken in sept. for flowering and pollination by the thunk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Skunkman,

I picked up some of what I can only assume is your more recent work....specifically, your oh/sk#1 x lp x oh/sk#1 and oh/lp x oh/sk#1. I'm really excited about giving these a go, but I'm got a few questions.

Is that Reef's cup winning lp#1 used in the cross, or is it from the later version? Also, are these genetics heavy or light feeders? Sorry for asking here, but I'm just hoping you can shed some light on what I might expect.

Thanks.

HB.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I do not really like to spend time explaining my varieties, I did not sell them, I gave them away. In the past I only sold wholesale to avoid this. It is Reefs LP but I have no idea of the version, he gave them to me to look for high limonene individuals. I only grow organically in the ground in a greenhouse, big 10 foot + plants, is that how you will grow? I don't use lights, I don't grow hydro.
People that grew them outdoors in Spain liked them a lot, they did say there was a lot of phenotypical variation, skunky and hazy, that can be good or bad, depending on what you want. I will let you decide what you think. They were some of the last hybrids I made, they are almost all gone. I only had a few kgs. of each. Enjoy....
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Xthe ohsk1 turned out female (pre-flowers w/ pistils)...
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53016&pictureid=1483466&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

...and the thunk looks like it's a male.

the ohsk1 (darker in person than the foto) doesn't want to side-branch
too much, which the lighter-green thunk does.
neither one went through a wide-leaf phase early in veg.
I guess for having only two plants, this will give some variety in the offspring.
I wonder what that skunk1 used was like, and if the same one was used on both thunk and ohsk1...

Yes it was, it was male. I was BXing both Haze, Skunk, as well as HazeXSkunk and other Skunk hybrids to see what happened.
-SamS

the ohsk1 will soon be up-potted to a 2 gal. smart pot to become a mum for now.
clones'll be taken in sept. for flowering and pollination by the thunk.

Great, if you like the progeny from the seeds oh/sk1 X thunk (thai/hazeXskunk1) you can make an identical batch if you keep the two clones alive. And then make the same seeds anytime you want.
I hope the oh/sk1 is great, and the oh/sk1 X thunk even better.
-SamS

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I do not really like to spend time explaining my varieties, I did not sell them, I gave them away. In the past I only sold wholesale to avoid this. It is Reefs LP but I have no idea of the version, he gave them to me to look for high limonene individuals. I only grow organically in the ground in a greenhouse, big 10 foot + plants, is that how you will grow? I don't use lights, I don't grow hydro.
People that grew them outdoors in Spain liked them a lot, they did say there was a lot of phenotypical variation, skunky and hazy, that can be good or bad, depending on what you want. I will let you decide what you think. They were some of the last hybrids I made, they are almost all gone. I only had a few kgs. of each. Enjoy....
-SamS

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Sam. I grow outdoors, in dirt, no greenhouse. If these end up being on the taller side, that should be no problem. I have a few 10'+ plants in my gallery that I grew last year. I'm looking for some hazy girls and hopefully I'll find some in those seeds you donated. I haven't had any real skunk since the lime green, fluffy nugs I used to get from an old hippy I knew who used to drive a green station wagon back in the early 80s...I think he's dead now, but that guy used to get the best herb...you could put it in as many bags as you wanted, but the smell could not be contained. Great stuff.

Thanks for making these available, Sam. Much appreciated.

HB.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Great, if you like the progeny from the seeds oh/sk1 X thunk (thai/hazeXskunk1) you can make an identical batch if you keep the two clones alive. And then make the same seeds anytime you want.
I hope the oh/sk1 is great, and the oh/sk1 X thunk even better.
-SamS
cheers for the info, Sam

JohnnyChicago

Have flowered many Original Haze females last year, but did not find the kind of Haze I was looking for. My goal was to find a (frank)incense one or one with the strong floral smell the Original Haze had that was sold in NL around 88-91'.

I just have found strong peppery, woody, pine/resin or lemony and probably what Sam calls the rootbeer phenos. I love them all, smells are so oldschool. Kept the best 3 even if they are not at all what I was looking for.

But where it seems to get interesting is with Original Haze males. (maybe someone can confirm this?)

Tested some crosses I made with the 1st male (he's deceased now) that had a very strong pungent dark green smell and OMG how tasty these crosses are. The few that I have tested did all carry the bouquet of their mother enhanced by a very strong green metallic flavor. But all these crosses are way to stretchy, that's why I decided to kill this male. (I have pollen left, also made hundreds of OH seeds and Aces OTH/PHxOH seeds)

But male n°2 seems to be the big winner between all the male/female OH's I had.
A freind is testing a cross I made with this male (Pre-98 BubbaxAww98 Purple Bubba Pheno X OH) and about 50% of the plants do have the same spicy smell that I had on KM and Nev haze in the past. But it's to soon now to give a verdict. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and patiently waiting my friend finishes her grow soon.

Last edited:

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
My Ohaze Sk 1 female has an overpowering carrot greens smell.
Maybe similar to what you are smelling as green metallic?
my o.hxsk1's giving off a loud plastic smell (chem-ish) at 6 wks of 11/13.
based on that i'm thinking it's sk1-leaning... yet it's leaves are very narrow,
and it's stretchier than 2 phenos of nevilsHaze and a greenHazeThai.
maybe sam's sk1 selection leaned far away from the indica side?

just up-potted it from a 3 gal. smart pot to a 5 gal. yesterday,
and will hit it with thunk pollen in the next day or two.

cheers