What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

barmat

Thank you Colina. He is only allowed 3 plants in flower according to the state and he wants to keep this legitimate. I could construct something that would work on a much smaller scale like you suggested.

Is there a strain anyone suggests for summertime in the Rockies?

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
barmat, keep in mind your flowerin plants must not be visable by the public. must be indoors, behind a fence or in some type of enclosure. least thats how the law was interpreted for me here in CO.

i have kept a strawberry cough seedline here on the western slope, does very well here, and does resist the early cold in Oct. will finish at 7000ft most years, 9wks. afghan X haze cross.

another that has done suprisinly well is wally ducks ducksfoot line. yields well, potent sativa buzz, its not haze, but right there as far as potentcy. great outdoor plant. nice orange aromas off what we grew here. prolly one of the few sativa dom plants that will make it here.

ya need some more posts bro so we can contact you.

CBF

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
barmat, you might want to rethink haze as a medicinal grow, and go w/ the tried and true.
Back in th 90's when it was 1st all the rage, I grew out White Widow for my best friend, who had terminal cancer. It made him think too much and gave him the 'noids, and I was crestfallen.
As everyone's different, I'd grow out 3 varieties for him. Good luck!

barmat

ClearBarbedFunk- Thank you for the info. He is on the Western Slope as well, within 20 miles of Mcphee Reservoir and on a large plot. Privacy won't really be an issue. Looks like I have to spend all day posting in the threads so I can send/receive PMs.

Highlighter- Pops is an old sativa hand and was forced to stop "backyard gardening" by my mother when I was a toddler. Even the faded and grainy pics (size they don't even make anymore) looked impressive. Will definetly explore a variety for the man as he is allowed 3 plants in veg and 3 in bloom.

Last edited:

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
barmat im in the North Fork valley. we have plenty of time bro, plantin season around here aint till mid june at best.

have a purple indica X strawberry creme seed grow goin now. last night i was checkin um out and theres a stinky strawberry plant in there i think will be a great one, and should finish 65 days or less.

is your dad in the bottom of a valley? you can get 10 to 11 weeks down low around here as well. anyway bro, i have enough goodies here we can get your dad squared away. get your post count up(no rush) and we can work out the finer details:D

take care
CBF

SuperConductor

Veteran
bigherb:

As for the OTHaze by ACE, I follow the ACE forum closely. Really like their work and style. The ACE guys are very nice and forthcoming with information.
Their NepJam is insanly desirable smoke! But I find the origins of their OTHaze a little dubious. Who really knows what that Old Timer guy grew and how he 'preserved' the line for so many years.

Mate the OTHaze story is well documented by ACE and OT1 himself both here and over at UK420. Just because you've never heard of it don't go calling it dubious. The reason these are a little more expensive is the simple fact they take so long to flower. Haze breeding projects take a lot longer than a 9 week strain. As for it being untested, ACE rigorously test their strains before release unlike most of the other breeders on this board.

ACE's Haze is a different line to Sam's but from the same origins. ACE's is less inbred similar to haze before Sam worked it.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Seedmans original haze is the same as FDM's and its a cracking plant grown from cuttings,its a pain in the ars grown from seed,2-3 month veg then another 15 weeks to flower.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Great information in this thread but not many photos :|
Can you guys show some good grown original haze pics ?
Dried and life plants :abduct:

F

FooMafia

marijuanamat, would it be possible to grow original haze hydro?
ive been growing in soil for quite awhile and want to switch to hydro.

F

FooMafia

Another question i was wondering was that, could a purple haze pheno be found growing indoor hydro?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we grew sammy's free seeds outdoors last year, grew to about 12/14ft, buds were small as did not have enough time to mature.. we took cuttings, and flowered some indoors , took em at 80 days.. garbage weed... the mums went onto the compost pile..

Alchemist

Hiya charlie i think talking plants is the best to.

Odly many here now are seeking bush weed as its called (out door grown sativas ) to hydro grown comercial cannabis.

So it may spark intrest in people running more sativas out doors agine that would not of in the past but i would also love to see and hope to see more people offer more sativas of old for those that want them and offer more of a range of sativas that were comman place once.

Thats awesome!! last time i was over in australia i tried both "bush" and "hydro" and loved the bush!! it was a great soaring sativa, while the hydro was a chemmy northern lights variation.

love this thread

sam the skunkman, you rock!! thanks for all your work!
PEAS

F

FooMafia

I'm actually going to try grow original haze in the EBB & Gro Multi Pot system under a 600w HPS.
I'm also wondering if this would be good idea or should I just stay with soil.
I'm trying to find a purple haze pheno and going hydro means growing more plants to find it.

D

d-storecowboy

Growing an original haze hydro is definately asking for trouble. Not only that, but I have grow a few packs of these out to find my keepers and they need alot of light to flower properly. 60-75 watts a square foot is what I used. So I would have a pretty small space with the 600. Once you clone, they are much easier to manage, but from seed, they can be a handfull. They are already very vigourous and will far out pace most other things in your garden, so hydro would only make them more unmanageable I feel. Not only that, but the taste probably wouldn't be represented as well, and that's one of the things haze is known for... taste

F

FooMafia

So, I guess i'm going with soil.
Growing haze indoor would be easier, right?
Can't grow outdoor anymore, neighbor's a little suspicious.

Latest posts

Latest posts