What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

acespicoli

Just blessed 🙏 to have many haze lines,
thanks to those that know and shared the knowledge

Toms Haze positronics #19 selection
TFD haze
Ohaze Seedsman
OT1 Haze

several others :huggy:

Most of those were passed by @Sam_Skunkman at some point
1677634478185.png

Anyone encounter the serrated leaf mutation in their haze. this pic is from todds site of sams offering
It occurs in many skunk lines as well

hope to work thru these soon post some pics here

Last edited:

NLbred

Well guys great job...I just finished reading thru all this great thread and it looks like its winding down..thanks to everyone for the great pics and insight as I have learned a ton..Mac, Hempy, bigherb and about a hundred other great botanists that really are top notch growers..
20211023_095351 (1).jpg ot male.jpg
kudos as haze is no easy road.I loved the ride and even read some of it twice as my computer crashed and I had to start over a few months later..still great. I wish all you haze el nuts a great season and just WOW, keep growing and sharing..this was my OT male and first picture post, too bad he was shooting blanks(sterile)!
peace out NL

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Does anyone else feel the same reverence? Everyone here realizes that they'll still be talking about Haze in a hundred years and THIS will be the closest to the truth that they can ever hope to attain? Sam put it in text and we all quoted it and HE'S Alive. Right now.

We should all feel very small. Not because we're dumb- but because there is so much more to go. And the stories that were told on this forum and MNS are going to become building blocks for God knows what.

Hey Future donks: We talked to Sam and Neville. Was it '69 or '78? Colombian or Thai? Burning Bush or A X B? How many licks does it take to get to the center of selective quoting? You wanna know why the Bible is such a hard knot to untangle? We've talked to primary sources about these things and we still don't know. And we're living through it. The truth is

(boring)

also

(a three way Colombian that got matched up with an Indian some later season and a Thai some other later season but none of which can be conclusively be proven to be what was sold or shared with breeders/sellers/traders by story alone (while ignoring that, the three way Colombian is the basis and had been preserved.) And those who claim otherwise had better show up with more than, 'I dunno, it looked and felt pretty Thai to me.)

chakras

Skunkman may well have brought the "original haze", so named variant, to Holland. But that does not mean that it was the first one there. What happened then is a lot of tales. The fact is, very fortunately so, that C'Bo can still be found in the foothills of Santa Marta. Just head there, plan to spend a month, and settle in for the wonderful ride. And, the Indian strains, as well as the Thai, are still alive and well. We are fortunate to be in a place in time where these genetics are still secular, and very much so appreciated as such. The climates they were found in have not changed, and the mountain and hill folks that still grow them know the value that they possess, and understand that no new cultivar is going to replace their worth. We are very lucky in that regard, at least so far. Since there is no haze strain per se, it is based on landrace sativa, there are improvements that can be made, and always there can be more exploring and more work to do. No patent holders here. And we should all just keep chuckin like the oldsters did.

chakras

Anatomic please dont tell me you prefer a Kush to a Haze line ? There are many reasons its a bigger topic but not b/c of the quality of high...probably b/c of the complex growing conditions of Haze vs the simplicity of kush
I am not so sure what is so complicated about growing a sativa. Been there, done that. In fact, they often favor less nutrients than an indica, contrary to most popular assumptions and beliefs. If you call an extended electric bill, or adequate warm weather, issues, then so be it. Other than the extended grow time, I find no complex issues at all.

EExtinct

I cant seem to get an answer from anyone, I just wanna know before i flower this long ass cuban black haze for 3 months, is it gonna give me an energetic high? I read somewhere thats its couchlock and i dont want that

Rgd

Veteran
I cant seem to get an answer from anyone, I just wanna know before i flower this long ass cuban black haze for 3 months, is it gonna give me an energetic high? I read somewhere thats its couchlock and i dont want that
have only grown 6 s1’s of cbh clone

most pheno’s..the ones that have the resin and smell ..also have sedation..

i held onto one that has none..

I love it but it has its problems like it could have way more resin and it burns like crap....

s2’s have not given me any better

bandaid...imho ..has sedation ..is quite similar to the nice looking cbh1’s I culled..

and has little personality ....

but maybe that's just me..

I haven't found a Ohaze yet that didn’t have too much sedation....

idid have one cbh x ohz plant that had little sedation and a very good euphoria..

..unfortunately it was not in the clones I took

so it can be found

but yeh maybe I just need to focus and grow out 50 females or each

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Fet / Shanti / ACE and 7 others got given seed for free... and out of all those how many shared it?
Its unbelievable the only one I see is @dubi he really is keeping the sativas alive and well !

View attachment 18814851
Oldtimer's Haze ACE Seeds - site pics
Interesting the green phenos resemble the lumbo gold
The purple pheno seems to lean towards the thai
View attachment 18814852
Hes also the only landrace breeder working to preserve the south american sativa varieties. Ace has something special for everyone (y)

Rgd

Veteran
right now growing ot1 ’s seedlings repo’d 15 yrs ago..[ wolfman to pacific to me]

hope to get green one..i do remember seeing purple one..hope I repro’d the greeny

in the end I just want an up high with euphoria and little or no sedation

Last edited:

acespicoli

right now growing ot1 ’s seedlings repo’d 15 yrs ago..[ wolfman to pacific to me]

hope to get green one..i do remember seeing purple one..hope I repro’d the greeny

in the end I just want an up high with euphoria and little or no sedation
I have some OT also want to run those near the end of the year im looking forward to seeing your pheno types, do you have a thread or maybe just upload to a gallery? Mine wont be run till fall 2023 then I can let you know how many of the id guess CG leaning green phenos come up.

Latest posts

Latest posts