What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

elanius

Veteran
You got some pistils! Finally :D
Nice done Elanius.
Let us know how it smells compared to THH.

Yeah, took just 20 weeks! ...but seriously no problem. I am looking for the later ones always and seeing plant finishing soon piss me off these days :D

The smell is totally different to Tom Hill Haze in 90% of phenos I had.

It goes from metallic, spicy, nutmeg, sour, pine, woody, menthol, diesel, herbal, green stink bug (a little bit...seriously) to sweet and sour, citrus / orange with maybe a little dark fruit, hard to distinguish. But it can be said that 90% are spicy and 10% citrus/fruity.

I didnt find any ginger, thyme, mango as I did in Toms Haze.
In my experience, THH is 80% citrus/lime and 20 % metallic/herbal/citrus.
Also I must say that THH is very easy to grow compared to OHaze and finishing much sooner.

Some time ago, you have asked for a pic of your male, that was flat in veg - here you go (but it is normal now from clone).

Thanks again for saving the Seedsman Haze for the rest of us Johnny, truly impressive NLD, funny how it was so overlooked for all those years of past.
picture.php
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Beautiful plants! My thh is in early flowering and she's smell of fruits
Thanks again for saving the Seedsman Haze for the rest of us Johnny, truly impressive NLD, funny how it was so overlooked for all those years of past.
Maybe because a lot of people will have overlooked seedsman's offerings as being cheap, and therefore potentially low quality, or just as simply, because people just didn't have enough patience ....

elanius

Veteran
Beautiful plants! My thh is in early flowering and she's smell of fruits
Maybe because a lot of people will have overlooked seedsman's offerings as being cheap, and therefore potentially low quality, or just as simply, because people just didn't have enough patience ....

You're right...plus people didnt know how to grow it properly, so even some of those that did grow it, reported back its hay.

sbeanonnamellow

Always a treat to see your plants elanis. I'm a big believer that lovely plants find lovely humans and vice versa, you must be pretty fucking rad bro. Hope Seedsman restock their original haze offering again sometime soon. I'm digging the recent resurgance of interest in the original haze lines. Much love

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Beautiful plants Elanius.
Do you see plants that show trichomes early are the most potent, do you think that is the main determining factor to find the strongest or do you go all the way without thinking about how much resin till they finish and then pass judgment on how good they are?
I ask because I have some plants now they are big nice long flower tops. I started them 12/12 from seed they have been going 18 weeks now, they show resin on the calyx's but not huge amount, look like they can go much longer and hopefully increase resin but none of them were showing early. What do you think?

elanius

Veteran
thanks for the feedback!

Beautiful plants Elanius.
Do you see plants that show trichomes early are the most potent, do you think that is the main determining factor to find the strongest or do you go all the way without thinking about how much resin till they finish and then pass judgment on how good they are?
I ask because I have some plants now they are big nice long flower tops. I started them 12/12 from seed they have been going 18 weeks now, they show resin on the calyx's but not huge amount, look like they can go much longer and hopefully increase resin but none of them were showing early. What do you think?

thats really good question, I do check for early resin (on stem and under leafs) and take notes. Keep in mind, it might be strain dependent, but with Haze (THH and now Ohaze) it seems that early resin really is connected to potency. But the most resinous plants were never my favorite smoke, raw potency is not enough. So I would never make selection based on early resin, always go all the way till the end of the cycle and judge the quality of the finished product. For example my favorite smoke is the plant that has the worst looks, very small calyxes and small resin heads, she would not win a beauty contest here I guess, but she leaves glorious frankincense in the air, with very strong euphoric head high yet clear and positive, thats what I am looking for in these extreme nlds. I say dont worry about it at all, enjoy the grow and you will be rewarded

edit: added few more pics

Frankincense pheno:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Breadwizard

On the topic of seedsman hazes, what about their haze hybrids, were those sourced through sam as well? Speaking specifically of their Sugar haze (haze x SMCG) and thier Jack Herrer (haze x "red skunk"). What were these exactly?

mr.brunch

Veteran
The jack herer (haze x red skunk) from seedsman is the greenhouse seeds version.
They’re the only other company who list jacks genetic in this way, and seedsman brand are a reseller for other breeders

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
thats really good question, I do check for early resin (on stem and under leafs) and take notes. Keep in mind, it might be strain dependent, but with Haze (THH and now Ohaze) it seems that early resin really is connected to potency. But the most resinous plants were never my favorite smoke, raw potency is not enough. So I would never make selection based on early resin, always go all the way till the end of the cycle and judge the quality of the finished product. For example my favorite smoke is the plant that has the worst looks, very small calyxes and small resin heads, she would not win a beauty contest here I guess, but she leaves glorious frankincense in the air, with very strong euphoric head high yet clear and positive, thats what I am looking for in these extreme nlds. I say dont worry about it at all, enjoy the grow and you will be rewarded

that's a really good answer, and I agree, from my limited experience.

HAZENACIOUS

Hi HB i seen small braided flowers small golf ball to your classic small flowers that look like spear in NH.

Look at the Plants frame how it branches that is just how NH and most 50% Haze i have grown from Early Nevil and Mrnice lines look.

This is what you should expect from C5 the A5 is way different.
View Image
Hi Hempy,

Is that one of the original C5 cuts selected by Nevil? I get phenos like that in my line.

That does have a look like some of my 5hzC hybrids, I think thats how the sweeter phenos look. My original pheno was different, it was one of the darker incensey phenos.
The sweet ones were Nevils favorite. I get a lot of those in my line of 5hz, the one pictured below turned out a bit of sharp mango with dark cedary undertones
picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
mmm mango and dark cedar... I wish i knew my woods more.... I get lost between pine,sandalwood, cedar.... I just know that haze smell.... Pretty frustrating...

Some stuff is more spicy poisonous wood smelling... Some more subtle gentle pleasant wood... Not sure if the haze smell is inside the wood smell or compliments wood the best.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I had already seen the same lineage (haze x Red skunk) about twenty years ago in a newspaper, in an article about sensi Jack herer ...
I believe that since Sense hadn't revealed Jack's genetics, there were several theories, and this is one of them.
GHS simply took it back, and seedsman in turn reported it in the notes ...
I've always wondered what mother finest was like, since it comes out of the same breeding program as Jack, but according to some, more sativa ....

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I have to say I kind of felt that way after smoking two NH plants I grew from Swami. He breeds to the indica side so that may affect things? Not really evil but pretty dark, no joy.

I will try some sativa leaning NH seeds next but those Swami seeds will just rest. No feelings like that with Tom Hill Haze or Original Haze.

Tom Hill

Veteran
This thread reminds me of the 7 or so scientists that discovered nitrous lol. They just sat around getting high for many years never really figuring jack shit out lol.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Those giant heads are important. Leet a while back posted as bout a tight a nug you can grow and still have heads like that. It's important. Just look at it. If you can not walk through fields and say i want to smoke this or that then you are not worth your salt. There is no hold out for hope on lesser specimen - life is far more brutal than that.