What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hey bb, thanks for your interest. in the days of the haze, there was haze and everything else. the haze produced an effect that can best be described as the smiling effect.

the fact that the flower was wispy did not in any way detract from it's power, taste and fragrance. The silver/magenta variety had the best taste, kinda like smoking a pack of juicy fruit.
all the best, peace, hh

nice quotes from guy who remember 70´s haze. magenta still can taste great. if you can find one.. this is hybrid of tom hill original haze and oaxacan genetics. the colour is from tom hill haze. it is crazy tasty. its not magenta, but its descendant
picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Usually its a bright clean soaring happy high, but not always.

My buddy and I took his old 68 firebird up into the Sierras in the 70s, pulled over, and walked up the mountain into the forest. We sat on a big boulder, and sparked a medium small joint. About half way trough, at the same time we both realized there was someone or something else there. We were scared shitless, and got the hell out of there fast.

vanilla dutch

bigherb

bigherb

Gorgeous

What a beauty, I love the structure

I’m really looking forward to a detailed smoke report on your Hazes especially the 90’s Haze , can’t wait to see/hear about the recent acquisition from the Man

If you’re familiar I have a passion for Incense/ specifically Frankincense
Considering your Haze experience, do you have any experience with this trait in Haze ?

If Soo can you please share all and any details

Much respect

1luvbigherb
try ssh it is as close as it gets to what ur looking for.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
try ssh it is as close as it gets to what ur looking for.

very very unlikely..

there was The original cut ny purple haze super stringy rose church smell (139 broadway basement cut 164 n 207 before shit really blew up) nemo nemo... it took much longer 120+ but disappeared around 2000-02 last time I saw it was at a cock fight 122nd st April 02 and I believe is really gone...
I bet my boots that bigherb would not find such thing in SSH..

overall it is total bullshit that Piff would come from Nevile´s work. it comes from internet trolls who sees Nevil´s plants everywhere. the proof of this little brain damage is at Bushweed seeds thread, where Donald Mallard posted leaf of Laos and typical haze troll thia phinos discution said it is neville´s haze.. they see it everywhere. so no, SSH can be relative, as it is relative to colombian, but 120+ days purple pheno, and rose terps in SSH?.. no way. maybe now they sell some SSH as piff.. as original cut is lost.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
haze love...

haze love...

hello haze lovers,
well here a few pic's from the topped OHz 90' and Seedsman fav for my next run... this is for smoke only ... this are the best from last run...
need to grow them again... 3rd time now... now i'll know better to tame them and make them more productive...
first run of a new strain i'll like to grow them as they are ... to see how they perform and how they grow...
but for true production i'll like to top them and form a few singe branches that get all the power... love mainlining too but takes longer to perfection... do it now with 6 different OHz and some THH...

this girls are old cut's from last summer... took them over winter and made new cut's... so like 1 year old now... hope the age helps also to make them better...
i really love the high...
positive up... keeps you doing things also in hot summer when i'm usually slow...

6 best OHz cut's 4 from each ...
picture.php

OHz 90' topped
picture.php

OHz 90' and Seedsman ... topped
picture.php

Sam's OHz new
picture.php

here a nice OHz hybrid... fast... getting big nice bud's... better as the mothers... and surprise ... flowering time looks the same... but it's now 50% OHz... will haze the Doors x OHz again with same proven male... to get more sativa structure... if it keeps the big bud's and the high is improved... than that is it... but much more in the pipeline...
if it was legal here...

The Doors x OHz (chunky one) and Doors x THH
picture.php

all the best
M.

vanilla dutch

the haze in ny is just haze brothers weed.the rose one is kinda kool its got a different smell than purple or even blue haze. it smells more feminine.but ssh is very closely related to purple haze. u have to think about it like this where did it come from.seeds from haze brothers weed from long ago.just been refined by others.

TheDarkStorm

very very unlikely..

I bet my boots that bigherb would not find such thing in SSH..

overall it is total bullshit that Piff would come from Nevile´s work. it comes from internet trolls who sees Nevil´s plants everywhere. the proof of this little brain damage is at Bushweed seeds thread, where Donald Mallard posted leaf of Laos and typical haze troll thia phinos discution said it is neville´s haze.. they see it everywhere. so no, SSH can be relative, as it is relative to colombian, but 120+ days purple pheno, and rose terps in SSH?.. no way. maybe now they sell some SSH as piff.. as original cut is lost.

Looks like you never grew the f1 ssh (nevils version) ...you must of seen wat people call the wild pheno that goes 22 weeks (154 days)...maybe you havent....ssh had phenos that had some purple too....not to say its nyc haze....but ther were pleanty frankincense/sandwood phenos in the original ssh an not no tuti fruity crap like you find from ssh in the last 20years.......be carfull wat you say..you could of just lost a pair of boots...big herb has already tried the modern nh an its closest to his beloved nyc haze....an the modern nh isnt even a patch on the original.

vanilla dutch

thats what people dont understand about haze.its a seedline.always improving it. each batch is a different seed.every harvest a different plant.so much haze too smoke.purple being the best.silver a close second.blue and green close third.the rest very love

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i've asked this a few times over the years but i still don't get it...

if there's other strains out there with soaring electric psychedelic feel good highs, is it really worth tracking down the rare o-haze seeds and taking them to frigging what? nearly 20 weeks?

or is it the hype?

i'm too broke to be trying everything, is o-haze seriously THE holy grail of sativa smoke?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
im afraid i might never get to try a fully finished/ well cured real deal haze... i guess i'll miss out, o well...

maybe ace seeds will have something almost as good.

purple haze malawi and golden tiger are pretty damned good anyway so idk how healthy it is for me to drool on all these amazing looking thh and ohz... i feel like i'm going nuts coveting these things lol

Koondense

Veteran
nepalnt21,

I'm in a similar situation, want to try the original haze and looking for shortcuts, but any way i have a couple original hazes starting to flower, just for an experiment. If you have a flower room it's best to have some hazes in the corner, they take time so meanwhile you can have two main cycles of hybrids.
About Ace, for something similar to haze maybe try haze x kali china or panama haze, or just go for honduras, these should be pretty hazy in effect and the closest to be found under 16 weeks. But keep in mind what old cool sativa is saying, there are probably no shortcuts for a good original haze. I gotta see it for myself, enough stories and smoke reports, i want a proper haze.

Best of luck with your search

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I went through part of my seed collection. It has its own fridge. I did see a full pack of Tom Hill O Haze, his Pakistani, and deep Chunk, and two packs of Sams Freebie Skunk Haze. I found several seeds Nevil sent me too. These are all pretty old seeds. Some go back probably 20 years or more. I pulled out about 8 packs Im interested in, to sand, and soak in a mild kelp water.

SUPER_HAZE

A real shame as such a famous variety has not been kept by many people and is not available for anyone who wants to try it. There are only hybrids.

I am very sorry I didn't hear about original haze seedsman years ago and bought multiple packages. I did not visit forums in those years. I have searched and asked in many online stores, but there is nowhere.

Hopefully Sam will do the haze selection work soon and we can test them or send some seeds to seedbay like the ancestral skunk.

Whatever does great health for Sam.:tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
i've asked this a few times over the years but i still don't get it...

if there's other strains out there with soaring electric psychedelic feel good highs, is it really worth tracking down the rare o-haze seeds and taking them to frigging what? nearly 20 weeks?

or is it the hype?

i'm too broke to be trying everything, is o-haze seriously THE holy grail of sativa smoke?

this question was asked already and Skunkman already answered it. read this thread from beginning, I think Skunkman grew tons of thais and other ladnraces and still rate Ohz the highest. it is freaky seed line, which can give out some incredible plants. I grew golden tiger and it cant touch original haze. it is good as neville´s haze.. but level under Ohz as far as effect. and some 13 weekers(from cut) can beat any colombian 18weeker.. so no, you dont need 16week+ plants to get magic, that can be said only by someone who never grew Ohz.. typical arm chair haze expert OldCoolSativa

Latest posts

Latest posts