What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quack, Quack - The Return of a Duckfoot Anomaly

Boob McNoob

First dose of Epsom Salt for the flowering crowd today (really need to begin logging a routine); no reversal of the yellowed leaves but should benefit the new growth.

Boob McNoob

20230818_055633.jpg

Boob McNoob

Yes they were in beds when we bought the house nearly 20 years ago and I've found them the most consistent and persistent recurring treasure of anything I manage. They are so hardy that a stalk will root and thrive in a container of tap water - I've got some that have been returning for years in the same water I started them in. Cat litter jugs are the perfect vehicle for this and allow for easy relocation to different parts of the yard without allowing these very aggressive plants to over grow the yard (I've probably got about sixty of them). Just like the coffee containers I repurpose, this keeps a tremendous amount of plastics from heading to the trash in my city without participation in a recycling program.
20230819_121446.jpg

Boob McNoob

A liberal application of EWC this evening along the sorely needed defoliation of dead and dying leaves; the impending harvest is looking far less rewarding than the Coffee Club last year.
20230819_211730.jpg

Boob McNoob

Sadly, they are. I'd targeted the end of this month for the axe to fall but haven't reacted properly to their unhealthy pallor and sparse presentation. In stark contrast are the pair relocated to the greenhouse and largely ignored who have thrived on the inattention.
20230820_112432.jpg

Biosystem

Got any close up shots of the buds as they are now? What strain is it again, and what's the ideal flowering time for them? They've been going for like, what, 8 or 9 weeks?

Boob McNoob

With only a cell phone camera, I'm afraid picture quality wouldn't reveal much beyond how distressed they are - easily observable from any angle. I'm still committed to the timeline of harvest at the end of the month come Hell or high water. My poor soil management has bit me on the ass big time with this year's efforts. The next couple of weeks will show whether the addition of EWC alone is sufficient to turn things around. For vanity's sake here's a shot from ten years ago taken by my daughter's phone with a premium camera.
stank.jpg

Biosystem

Very shmexy photo quality, but it's weird. Why the orange "old pistils" when it's clearly not putting out much in the way of calyxy bud? As a grower lacking in personal experience, I find that puzzling. Hopefully some o' the dudes on here with a ton of grows under their belt can help you out with pointers!

Boob McNoob

With my initial wave of clones from the dedicated Baby Momma on the eve of harvest, I thought I'd offer a glimpse of an example of what is still on the horizon.
Image901.jpg Image902.jpg Image903.jpg
Re-potted three days ago after languishing in a slowly declining struggle in a three gal container, this effort was downgraded to a half gal and these shots show that rather than transplant shock it's evidencing a spurt of new growth. Three more like this look to require through the next month to get up to speed but I've got another pair that will got from 3 gal to 5 gal within the next week and can fast track into flower by the 15th.
20230830_214857.jpg