What's new

Puttin' in work: 10'x15'x8' sealed room-in-a-room, 6000watts of light

Agent-Smith

Lapides, wanna see my room within a room? It's nowhere near your scale but it's all I got dang it! LOL

picture.php

picture.php

this is the ones I have now about a week from seed:
picture.php

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Really nice Agent-Smith! Very fine craftsmanship indeed! I like it a lot. When I retire I want to have something very similar.

Agent-Smith

Thanks Lapides, When I get rich, I want an operation like yours! LOL :D I'll be starting a thread here soon on this grow, I have one at PG (where I am most of the time), I just haven't had alot of time to post one here yet. Soon though. :D

Split AC for cooling,

Ahh-the ecret is out!!! seriously look into these-I gotta go back and read the thread still-so maybe someone beat me to it (lookin like the foundation of a great thread! thanks for sharin!)
people, but seriously-SPLIT/Ductless AC's look into them!!! but pay attention the the coolant-you want a specific one!!!

Lapides

Veteran
Split AC for cooling,

Ahh-the ecret is out!!! seriously look into these-I gotta go back and read the thread still-so maybe someone beat me to it (lookin like the foundation of a great thread! thanks for sharin!)
people, but seriously-SPLIT/Ductless AC's look into them!!! but pay attention the the coolant-you want a specific one!!!
I'd like to use one, but I really can't with my setup. Really close quarters in a city. The spot's pretty much a big L shaped garage with a little office space. No where to install the "outside part" unless it can go on the roof, and I'm not doing that. Window AC works ideally in my setup.

C

cellardweller

Thank you very much bro!
It was my pleasure to have the both of you in the cellar as well! I'm really glad you decided to come up..

pugnacious

Lapides, wanna see my room within a room? It's nowhere near your scale but it's all I got dang it! LOL

picture.php

picture.php

this is the ones I have now about a week from seed:
picture.php

Clean ass cab bro.

But you should poly film that window up. When you open that door it might look like God is enlightening your neighbors.

OghostO

I'd like to use one, but I really can't with my setup. Really close quarters in a city. The spot's pretty much a big L shaped garage with a little office space. No where to install the "outside part" unless it can go on the roof, and I'm not doing that. Window AC works ideally in my setup.

I believe the "outside part" just needs to be outside of your room, not outdoors. But I could be wrong.

Lapides

Veteran
cellardweller - Yeah man, I really can't wait until the next get together!!

Johnny Rotten - Thank you sir. Paying attention to all the details can get tough, with so many details to pay attention to. A lot the details, luckily, become second nature, so I can spend more energy paying attention to different details....if that makes any sense...damn this William's Wonder has me twisted.

OghostO - Yeah I think you may be right about being able to put the condenser (or is it compressor, whatever, the outside part) in the inside of the area, but outside the grow. Mini-splits may be a future upgrade, who knows. A 20k BTU mini-split is going to run me more than 5 times the cost of a window unit, and it's been kinda painful spending all the money I've already spent.

WeeD22MaN

Hey Lapides

I'm totally loving everything you're doing. Good to see another one doing it properly. I'll be watching ;)

WeedMan

Lapides

Veteran
The Egyptians aint got nothin on us..

The Egyptians aint got nothin on us..

I got the ceiling accomplished the today. 2 of us got it up there and we felt like genius's:woohoo:. Here's how it happened:

picture.php

Steps on the outside of the wall.

picture.php

One step at a time, slide it and hop it!

picture.php

Now LIFT that fucker above your head!! Ok, shit, let's rest it on some studs and take a breather.

picture.php

Alright, we'll stick a deadman under there and just stand on the ladders and inch it until we have it up.

picture.php

Voila!

Lapides

Veteran
picture.php

Top corner.

picture.php

Another top corner, a little brighter. Nice and tight (once we get it nailed down :)).

Lapides

Veteran
We didn't stop there...

We didn't stop there...

We were on a roll today for sure. We actually put in an honest day's work today, I think.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Agent-Smith

Really looking great! I think the only thing I would change is where your water line comes out. I have a feeling with it being right under the door someone is gonna step on and break that bad boy. :(

Lapides

Veteran
I think the only thing I would change is where your water line comes out. I have a feeling with it being right under the door someone is gonna step on and break that bad boy. :(

Nah. There's plenty of clearance around that pipe and it's so obvious and I'm the only one gonna be taking care of things, so I won't snap it off. If I do, CPVC cost about a dime a leg.

Equilibrium

Well, that's what I call state of the art.

My dream actually. Hope you don't mind if I take a seat and stay in a corner. :)