What's new

Puttin' in work: 10'x15'x8' sealed room-in-a-room, 6000watts of light

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Laying some pipe ;) I will have ~5ft. of flexi tubing coming off each of those upright pipes. From the flexi tubing, I will have 20 spaghetti lines coming off the flexi tubing with dripper stakes at the end, going into 20, 3 gallon grow bags, where my plants will be loving life. I have a ball valve at the base of each upright. My rez will be outside the room. I fill up the rez with whatever the 20 plant section needs and turn it on until it drains all out. They're good for 2-3 days. 120 plants will be taken care of in about 10 minutes. I'm using the PBP line with Liquid Karma and Sweet and I love it.

Lapides

Veteran
picture.php

Got the electrical started today too. Everything but the fans are 240v. I'll be trying to maximize every one of my 100amps.

scribed!

What exactly does the "LANDLORD" think that your going to be using this space for? I mean u asked him to cut holes in the ceiling! hahaha looks bad ass though! get ur GROW on !

great stuff! I hope ya got a tight relationship with your landlord, I'd be nervous as hell opening shop in a home that wasnt mine!! Tho, I'm sure you've crossed your t's and dotted ur i's before you started. anyways, good luck and much good karma to you and these rooms!

I'll be tagging along for sure!

Lapides

Veteran
cocktail frank - Hey what's up homie, thanks for stopping by. Thanks for getting me thinking about the pitfalls of plumbing under the floor. This way works way better anyhow.

macmiddle - Thanks, keep checking back, shit's about to get outta control!

Thanks for checking shit out!

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What up Lap.

I like the water lines u have set up, and want to replicate it on a smaller scale.
Question:
Does the water pressure stay constant on all the drippers? Do u notice the lines further away flowing poorly?

Much props on the show. Stay Safe.

MARLO

...I know exactly what you mean. I tried the partner thing and he drove me nuts. But he's a great friend and a master carpenter. So I ditched him as a partner but preserved the friendship. He agreed to let me blindfold him when we go to the worksite and he works for free!! I asked him yesterday how much he was gonna charge me and he said, "Don't worry about man, I'm having too much fun!" You really can't beat that...

Hell no, man - but he might hit you up for a free zip once you're up and running :D.

I ran solo for 5 years, and I was leery of using a partner at first but I didn't really have a choice, as I have zero connections in my current city, and he has better connections than I will ever have anywhere. I think the main reason it's working out (and not driving me nuts) is that we handle separate ends of the grow. We split everything 50/50, he handles his end, and I bear 100% of the responsibility for electrical work, installing grow equipment, all the gardening labor (which is usually not too much), drying, and curing -- and we each retain final decision-making authority for every aspect for which we are responsible, so there are no disagreements about gardening technique or something like that. The only thing we do together is trim. Well, we're close friends, roommates and bandmates too. :friends:

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lapides again.

Lookin very clean so far. I am taking notes. Going to re-do my spot too. K+ bro. I bet this simplifies things alot for you.

rr14

damn, that is making my project today look ghetto. I'm doing a roughly 10 by 10 (one corner is missing 2 by 3.5 feet). It looks like you did it to code with 16" spacing between beams. I slacked on mine. The roof is going to be a pain in the ass depending on how high your roof will be. I think I may take the advice on sheeting it after putting the cross beams up.

Hey, are you going to air cool your lights? How big of an ac are you going to use? Are you going to use co2?

This is very inspiring!.

thecarguy

Lapides-

If there is a temperature difference on either sides of your walls, it would be economically prudent in the long run to insulate, IMO.

Looking really great

Lapides

Veteran
badugi - Ooga Booga, homie. I'm trying to pay attention to some of the 'finer details' this time around. I appreciate you stopping by. Your room is super tight and has been some of my inspiration.

pugnacious - Thanks man. It would look much better by now if we could bring ourselves to put in an honest day's work. The lumber for TWO 10'x15'x8' rooms ran me about $1000, delivered with tip.

Marlo - Hey what's crackin' dude. Thanks, after 10 years of watering all my plants by hand, I got really tired. Using a 1000GPH pond pump from Lowes and only watering 20 at a time, I have no problem at all with pressure maintaining itself at all the watering sites. You have to make sure all your spaghetti tubes are the same length. I could probably get away with watering 60 all at once without losing pressure, but I wouldn't want to push it any more than that. I'm going to be running more than one strain/pheno in this room, so each 20 plant section will have different feeding schedules, so I won't be feeding more than 20 at a time. That last sentence sounds kinda redundant and retarded, I'm stoned and getting drunk, hopefully you catch my drift.

Philosophelon - Hehe, yeah he might just ask me for some herb at the end. Sounds like you have a pretty good relationship with your partner and I wish you guys the best!

cellardweller - :wave: back at ya mother F.U.C.K.E.R.!!! Thanks for having me and the lady up this weekend. We enjoyed every SECOND of it, and you are one HELL of a cook!

midwestganja - Cool man, glad you signed up to watch! I'll see you in chat as soon as I get my postcount up. It's hard with all this work I have....

swampdank - What's up brother:friends:!! I'm glad you found my thread. This new arrangement is DEFINITELY making my life easier on all accords. I'm glad you'll be following along, I hope I'll be able to impart some knowledge your way:joint:.

rr14 - Hey man, well, I have some really good help. I think I mentioned earlier, this guy helping me has over 30 years experience in carpentry. He's just helping my vision come into existence:ying: This roof isn't going to be all that hard after all. Just a little bit by little bit and we'll have it up there. We got it all planned out. The other 10'x15' room will HAVE to be done beams first, skinned second because there's not gonna be any room left anyhow, LOL. Yes, my lights will be air cooled. I'm going to be using ~20kBTU A/C for each room, as per the formula 00420 has stickied in this sub-forum. And yes, I will be using CO2. I'm really excited about carbon dioxide supplimentation as I've never properly used it before:woohoo:

thecarguy - That makes total sense and I agree with you. I will most likely get the insulation done before the summer heat kicks into high gear. Right now, I still have to wear a sweatshirt in the spot to be comfortable.

Agent-Smith - Cool man, enjoy the ride. Um, Agent-Smith.

Lapides

Veteran
pugnacious - Yup. When you know everything you need, just call them up and put your order in. Lowes or Home Depot do this. I think delivery charge was around 80 bux.

Latest posts

Latest posts