What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Putin Told Me He Didn't Do It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gry

Veteran
Would be far more interested in hearing what the topics of his terrific and wonderful session were.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Putin owns trump, beyond a treasonable doubt.......

[YOUTUBEIF]bnT6UC3Iu5g[/YOUTUBEIF]

And more funny stuff!

[YOUTUBEIF]008IVJyCbok[/YOUTUBEIF]

see his notes, trump (the self proclaimed genius!!!) misspells the word 'collusion' in his own chicken scratch 'there was no colusion'

R8ewd99.jpg

That ain't photoshopped, it's from a set of 5 on a windy
day, where's a dumb red maga hat when ya need one???

Morons Are Governing America

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

oh! and by the by, there's no way on Gods green earth to impeach a private citizen. and that's a fact!

R

Rubber Chicken

Putin owns trump, beyond a treasonable doubt.......

[YOUTUBEIF]bnT6UC3Iu5g[/YOUTUBEIF]

And more funny stuff!

[YOUTUBEIF]008IVJyCbok[/YOUTUBEIF]

see his notes, trump (the self proclaimed genius!!!) misspells the word 'collusion' in his own chicken scratch 'there was no colusion'

View Image

That ain't photoshopped, it's from a set of 5 on a windy
day, where's a dumb red maga hat when ya need one???

Morons Are Governing America

He really looks like he's 'winning' when he's reading these correction notes that don't make sense. :redface:

Donald 'all bushel' Trump

R

Rubber Chicken

Brother Nature

One of those women looks like they might smoke weed.

And one looks like she could use a good bong load. :biggrin:

oh! and by the by, there's no way on Gods green earth to impeach a private citizen. and that's a fact!

Stoner, I've actually got to correct you on this one. I'd seen that post yesterday while at work, so it intrigued me to delve further into if it's possible or not. As I work at a university, I went to speak with one of our American history lecturers (she was also American, as I'm not in the USA) about it. She said while possible, it would depend highly on the presiding judges interpretation of the constitution. Impeachment, while is to remove someone from office, can also be used to prevent someone from running for federal office again and there is actually one instance in American history where this nearly happened, but congress ended up not voting in favor of it.

She also said to start an impeachment process against a non sitting president would be a massive waste of time and resources, given that no criminal charges would come of it. It would also be unlikely that someone would be impeached without criminal charges being associated with it. So basically, and lets use Obama as an example, if someone wanted to go after him, they'd go after him on criminal charges and would unlikely bother with the impeachment process.

The more you know... :tiphat:

insomniac_AU

It is scary :yoinks:

Whether you like Sam Harris or not, he is a great wordsmith and can be quite funny....

(This was just prior to Trump's election win, if anyone is interested)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU

I've only watched part of it so far and what he says makes good sense.

I just want to say before I start that I'm Australian so all these observations are from afar with little knowledge of the system.

There is a lot to respect about American society from what I can see. You value the average person's rights. It seems to me though you are getting screwed by your electoral system. There are so many amazing, intelligent and talented people in America how do you end up with people like Dubbya and Trump?

I wish the right people became President not just rich people.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And one looks like she could use a good bong load. :biggrin:

Stoner, I've actually got to correct you on this one. I'd seen that post yesterday while at work, so it intrigued me to delve further into if it's possible or not. As I work at a university, I went to speak with one of our American history lecturers (she was also American, as I'm not in the USA) about it. She said while possible, it would depend highly on the presiding judges interpretation of the constitution. Impeachment, while is to remove someone from office, can also be used to prevent someone from running for federal office again and there is actually one instance in American history where this nearly happened, but congress ended up not voting in favor of it.

She also said to start an impeachment process against a non sitting president would be a massive waste of time and resources, given that no criminal charges would come of it. It would also be unlikely that someone would be impeached without criminal charges being associated with it. So basically, and lets use Obama as an example, if someone wanted to go after him, they'd go after him on criminal charges and would unlikely bother with the impeachment process.

The more you know... :tiphat:

I've seen and read all, don't mind the caps, they ain't anger :)

but I CANNOT stand corrected on this one, it has never happened and it will NEVER happen, wanna know why???

as you mentioned in a roundabout way, it is currently against the law (certainly OUTSIDE of the law) to impeach a citizen if congress NEEDS to approve of it, and so now here's the little secret as to why the congress will never approve of it; be cause if they're gonna use it to go after an ex-PRESIDENT....... then going after ex-CONGRESSMEN is next. I don't know of many fellas willing to tighten the noose around their own necks.

follow the money, it ain't happening, every one of the motherpluckers is crooked, every last flocking one of 'em on both sides of the aisle.

gotta be a thousand jokes out there about 'honest politicians' :dunno:

R

Rubber Chicken

Captain America inviting Vlad to the white house for a few ruski's??

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
So trump has invited Putin to the White House again and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coates still does not know what was said in the Helsinki meeting.

Now there suggestions that Coates should be fired because of his shocked reaction to finding out about another meeting from a tweet received during a live interview with Andrea Mitchell.

Brother Nature

I've seen and read all, don't mind the caps, they ain't anger :)

but I CANNOT stand corrected on this one, it has never happened and it will NEVER happen, wanna know why???

as you mentioned in a roundabout way, it is currently against the law (certainly OUTSIDE of the law) to impeach a citizen if congress NEEDS to approve of it, and so now here's the little secret as to why the congress will never approve of it; be cause if they're gonna use it to go after an ex-PRESIDENT....... then going after ex-CONGRESSMEN is next. I don't know of many fellas willing to tighten the noose around their own necks.

follow the money, it ain't happening, every one of the motherpluckers is crooked, every last flocking one of 'em on both sides of the aisle.

gotta be a thousand jokes out there about 'honest politicians' :dunno:

I can definitely appreciate it will never happen to a president. I get what you're saying in a round about way. ;) But, it had been a consideration of congress previously, as referenced below. I don't believe you're wrong in your assertion of why it won't ever happen, but that doesn't mean it's illegal to do it, it's simply just never gonna happen. I also think to believe that Obama would go down before Bush, who lied to an entire world to go to war and even caught up the then British PM in his lies, is ludicrous. I mean Ollie North is the president of the fucking NRA for god's sake, dirty Bills probably out there still groping women and people have fond memories of Reagan, we'll never win that fight. Well, at least Nixon went down in history as a POS, that's sort of a plus.

War Secretary's Impeachment Trial

May 1876

An impeachment trial for a secretary of war occupied much of the Senate’s time during May 1876.
At issue was the behavior of William Belknap, war secretary in the administration of President Ulysses Grant. A former Iowa state legislator and Civil War general, Belknap had held his cabinet post for nearly eight years. In the rollicking era that Mark Twain dubbed the Gilded Age, Belknap was famous for his extravagant Washington parties and his elegantly attired first and second wives. Many questioned how he managed such a grand life style on his $8,000 government salary.
By early 1876, answers began to surface. A House of Representatives committee uncovered evidence supporting a pattern of corruption blatant even by the standards of the scandal-tarnished Grant administration.
The trail of evidence extended back to 1870. In that year, Belknap’s luxury-loving first wife assisted a wheeler-dealer named Caleb Marsh by getting her husband to select one of Marsh’s associates to operate the lucrative military trading post at Fort Sill in Indian territory. Marsh’s promise of generous kickbacks prompted Secretary Belknap to make the appointment. Over the next five years, the associate funneled thousands of dollars to Marsh, who provided Belknap regular quarterly payments totaling over $20,000.
On March 2, 1876, just minutes before the House of Representatives was scheduled to vote on articles of impeachment, Belknap raced to the White House, handed Grant his resignation, and burst into tears.
This failed to stop the House. Later that day, members voted unanimously to send the Senate five articles of impeachment, charging Belknap with “criminally disregarding his duty as Secretary of War and basely prostituting his high office to his lust for private gain.”
The Senate convened its trial in early April, with Belknap present, after agreeing that it retained impeachment jurisdiction over former government officials. During May, the Senate heard more than 40 witnesses, as House managers argued that Belknap should not be allowed to escape from justice simply by resigning his office.
On August 1, 1876, the Senate rendered a majority vote against Belknap on all five articles. As each vote fell short of the necessary two thirds, however, he won acquittal. Belknap was not prosecuted further; he died in 1890.
Years later, the Senate finally decided that it made little sense to devote its time and energies to removing from office officials who had already removed themselves.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/War_Secretarys_Impeachment_Trial.htm

R

Rubber Chicken

So trump has invited Putin to the White House again and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coates still does not know what was said in the Helsinki meeting.

Now there suggestions that Coates should be fired because of his shocked reaction to finding out about another meeting from a tweet received during a live interview with Andrea Mitchell.

He wha.....? Say that again....

You're FIRED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts