What's new

PURPUREA TICINENSIS

IqTyq

I just found on my HDD saved pictures of Timewarp from CannaWorld (probably Visioncreator). These flowers are IMHO very very similar to Purpurea from Felix.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
great show IqTyq! love it. yeah, the fraise, the erdbeer! great looking purt mum. hope you share it al lover!

my new generation purt is doing well. i tried to top a few of them
purpureaticinensis15060xw2.jpg

purpureaticinensis15060cl1.jpg

purpureaticinensis15060yi2.jpg

Goldenseed

Hey!!

I have read the whole thread and it looks like that there must be some "Blue" Genetics in there....very pretty and interesting strain.Keep those pics coming im interrested as hell....GS :wave:

IqTyq

This weekend i visited one of my highland guerilla spots.

1-2 pic. Purpurea ( i labelled her #2) from clone, transplanted before 3 weeks.She is very light green and produce fluffy, but very fruity smelling and tasting buds.

3-4.pic. Original Swiss Strawberry from greenhornet (also from selected clone). Nicely vigorous plant.

Goldenseed

IqTyq said:
Maybe is that "something blue" in there Oregon Purple Thai ?

I tought about exactly that picture and how identical it looks to the plants esbe posted...also this:
esbe said:
many flavours from pine to vanilla, eucalypto and grape
got me curious and i also read somewhere about Chocolate and earthy-berry tastes so that fits perfectly for the OPT and as you said Felix and Steve where neighbours...so go figure hehe

I dont want to say there are OPT or any other DJ Short genes in there but it could be easily possible... :wave: GS

Last edited:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AfPurT indoor apr 2 weeks into flower
AfPurt in the middle and to the left

AfPurt is Bluehemps Afghani with PURPUREA TICINENSIS and Erdbeer.

Told to be a killer outdoor weed.
Only tried it indoor so far where its a little and slow flower starter.
Im sure its outdoor where it will flourish to its full potential

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
not much news, but here we go. its topped twice now this one
purpureaticinensis26060zv2.jpg

today
purpureaticinensis07070xq4.jpg

Goldenseed

Hey!!

Yeah that looks nearly identical to the purpurea pics....i found an old report from OG and even back then the guy who did the Report said how close they look to Flo and some other interesting things but look for your self:

Grower Report - philosophal_stone on November 22, 2005, 8:06 pm Purpurea Ticinensis from Owls Production

Overall Rating: 7 Effect: Nicely balanced
Potency: 7 Stature: Average size
Yield: 6 Phenotype: Mixed, primarily Sativa
Ease: 10 Indoor: 40 to 45 days
Appearance: 8 Outdoor: Sep 1 to Sep 15
Odor Level: 4 Odor: Mushroom, berry and chocolate
Taste Level: 7 Taste: Hash
Grower's Tilt: 8 Sexes: Standard (M/F)
SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: , 1105

I was lucky to receive some seeds directly from Switzerland, from a friend of Felix. Some nice little dark seeds. 100% germination rate.

The plants were started indoor in late march with maximum care due to rarity. The plants stems grown deep purple from beginning to end. The leaves and buds became purple only in late flowering time. The weather wasn't cold, but the buds take a nice purple colour in September.

The shape is mostly Sativa, mostly like a Nepalese. Tall will some nice golf ball buds in the long of the stems. I had some mutants, heavy leaves distortions. I guess the seeds were olds, or maybe it’s a natural variation of the strain. In this case, I guess it came from Purple Oregon Thai like in Blue Satellite… but it’s a long story… Purpurea Ticinencis seems to look like very much Flo from DJ Short…

The plants finish in time. mid September in 45 latitude. Like in south Switzerland Alps, or north Italian Alps climate… This strain will finish later in northern latitudes, but there was absolutely no sign of mold.

The smell is very surprising… Between mushroom, berry and chocolate. It's the first time i have a chocolate (cookie) smelling plant !

The resin production is medium (in comparison with actual resinous stuff) , like the yield. But enough for a reasonable smoker.

The potency is good. If you don’t need an heavy THC Killer, Purpurea Ticinencis is nice for all situations. Nice balanced. From a day time light use, to an heavy one, before going to sleep without difficulties. Purpurea produce a very nice hash.

Purpurera Ticinencis… Swiss Southern Purple… is a nice plant. I’ll grow it again. I think it’s a nice strain for outdoor breeders, due to performances, and rusticity.

I may get me some of those,i found a few shops that sell them.They could be a newer version but they are cheap as hell and for sure an interesting strain.

@esbe:Great plants...please keep us posted...i enjoy those pics very much!!

See ya all soon...GS :wave:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Mushroom eh? That's very interesting, as many of my Flo crosses are producing a mushroom smell - not least the JLo (which smells of mushrooms and chocolate!) and even more, one of the Goldfinger X Flo crosses, which is a 'mentholated mushrooms' type. I guess the smell could be described as an extremely rich and fertile compost - like the earth edible mushrooms would grow in.

It does seem to correspond to a very clear and low-body high so far - no idea on the terpenes that might produce earthy aromas, but it's an interesting angle to investigate.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I wish I still had the large bush photos of Flo outdoors I had, but they all sadly got deleted. This is the only one that remains:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
mushrooms and cocolate i smell now in my well cured purt buds. i will make a lil purt smoke gathering session soon and get back.

Goldenseed

Very interesting E-man!! I wonder if Felix crossed the Strain he recieved from those two Old German Women with a fast Flo or OPT and came up with Purpurea Ticinensis.Alot of traits are spot on for the P.Thai but that seems to be true only for the outdoor plants if you look back in post #14 from "IqTyq" the indoor buds and plants are completely green and do not really show any looks of P.Thai Genetics.
I wonder if we maybe just get fooled by a Lebanese or some cross of that sort....anyways i found a shop that still has the old "Owls Production" version and ordered a pack and will keep you updated what phenos i get.

@esbe: im excited ot hear more about the purt...if you have any picsw if the buds please post em up i would love to see them.

See ya all soon...GS :wave:

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hola
esben,here´s your erdbeer/PT grown outdoors last season
rated:
" excellent"
great cross...props!! :D

raco2031.jpg

047.jpg

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
thx raco. coming from you im real honored. purt seems good to use in crosses. it brought earliness to the great erdbeer. you spanish guys should try some of the pure erdbeer
purpureaticinensis12070fv3.jpg