What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Urkle Gone Wild!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone just waned to give a quick update. The rooms is on day 49 and I have found mites...ughhhhh I know. There are a couple heavily infested pockets in the room, 90% of the plants/canopy are good to go.

Probably the cat dragged them in. The hard part will be keeping them off me and not bringing them to my perpetual soil grows. Since it is so late many treatments are out of question, and letting them go for another 3 weeks is not an option! The plants would take some damage, and trimming mite infested plants is not my idea of a good time and neither is it my trimmers. No one wants to take mites home.

I ordered $300 in bugs overnight and this population will be dead by harvest.

1500 Ladybugs- 42.95

1000 Triple Threat Predator Mites- 74.95

100 Destroyers- 179.95 (look up Stethorus Punctillum)

So 2600 predators in total, didvided by 24 plants is 108.3 predators per plant! The destroyers are expensive as shit, but from what I have read it is because they are new and supply is a problem. Also I read the results far outweigh the price, these little flying beetles can eat over 40 mites per day! So by themselves 4000+ mites per day, not to mention the 1500 lady bugs eating 5 per day! The mites have no idea what is coming, I cannot wait to release this biological warfare on them it is going to be funny.

Now to the Urkles, they look pretty good and smell even better. They are LIGHT feeders I did burn some leafs here and there on the edges, they are basically at 400+/- ppm right now and will be flushed at the 2 week mark. Seeing some purple here and there but nothing major as of right now they are green and frosty. I dropped the chiller temps down a few degrees and will try the ice in the controller trick if they are not impressing me a week or so out. Temps have been great, never over 80 even through the bad heat wave. Yield looks to be not that great but I knew that coming in. I will just be glad to tag and bag it and move on to the next one.

I

idoreallytry

man its always something with this girl we love kind of like a real female in everyway,,,finicky as fuck and attention demanding lol,,,sux bro,,,hope u kill them bitches,,,peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just started some more. My first girl was outstanding. I see yours also has those long stems for the fan leafs. I also had a lot of 3 leaf fans as well. Here is a pic. The taste was to die for absolutely wounderfull flavor

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will get an update soon for you guys. The bugs are all hard at work now and I expect them to be wiped out clean by harvest. Overboard is my middle name and I foresee 20000 mites perday being ate if they exist. The temps have hovered right at 78-82 most of flower, 80F is probably the average. The heat did not spike at all in the heat wave we all had. Just that time of the year and this room is not sealed. The nugs are starting to get some nice purple hues throughout and I suspect the flush will really pull it out. I have set the chiller lower and will start introducing ice to the controller in a week or so if results are not ideal.

Purple Urkle is a low feeder I found that out this round for sure. I got more burn then I like to see, right now they are on 300-400ppm The nugs are rock hard and the smell of the room is awesome. In a couple days the flush will begin :)

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Might be a good idea to have some lady bugs released at the beginning of flowering. For a big crop, it'd be good natural insurance.

Hey PK, how much head room do ya have in there?

Over-veg syndrome has cause me a few crispy colas in the past.

Looking good in there, can't wait to see all that sparkly sea of colas.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not enough Sam! LOL I forget how high the ceiling is exactly but it is 7ft or so. The lights are as high as they go, a few did get fryed a bit along witht he nute burn. Rougher round then usual but what can you do but get ready and move on to the next one.

As for the mites, releasing predator bugs will be something I will keep up on here when I move. I don't have to many bug problems usually and I keep a full shelf of solve anything. Timing wasn't right for this one though. I have a pretty good success rate battling them so I am not scared, main concern was trimming mite infested weed, no thanks. Still I would say only 20% of the canopy has any signs of mites at all, and of course a couple heavily concentrated areas. The room will be bleached, scrubbed, and vacuumed after harvest like usual and once the new round after it has grabbed ass will be floramited before flower once or twice depending on veg time. I won't hesitate to grab some bugs at first site of any mite life. Pretty stoked about these detroyers, they should be the cats meow. 40+ mites a day, that is om nom nom nom burrrpppp. Little fuckers to, can't believe they can eat 40 of anything. The 1500 ladybugs went right to work and seemed happy to see some infestation. Predator mites are always fun, can't seem em just assume they are kicking ass.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For real Rick lol! Lady bugs were all over me while releasing them. Was pretty fun I would sugget you order a 1500 pack, like 44 dollars next day air. Even if you don't have bugs at least you will get to chill with them! Like little grow pets.

Cody- Thank you

-BG-

Great thread pureknowledge :yes: love the way you handled mite problem, you gave em hell :D ...can't wait for new pics!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neglect! that is what happened to this thread. I apologize IC I had 3 rooms come down in a row, 8K total, and I don't miss a beat I had to clean and get the next three rounds in flower not to mention get veg going to! I have been super busy getting ready for a move and new build and I figured I better get these up and in here because free time will be limited in the near future :(

The urkle did alright all in all, was my heaviest crop to date! I did have mites like a mofo I had to vaccum for the last week and found some bud rot. The nugs were beyond dense, I could fit 10+ ounces in a gallon bag. I like the smoke, it is truely medical. I am looking forward to getting a more dialed in run of it out, for now I am holding it as a mother. She was my lowest feeder ever, seems like 700ppm in mid flower is topping out. Floppy as all hell, I will be propping her up in the future. Also cooler temps would have been nice but this was flowered out during the great heat wave of 2011. These were taken to 70-74 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
amazing bro...

sounds like my summer crop...had mites. sprayed once a week in flower with sns and pyganic. heatwave where i was all all summer too. the 3 ton kept it in check though.

time to harvest my beauties...

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cody2white- thanks!

Krazyiefosho- thanks, it was hard work. The back wall did fall on its face, next run of her will be alot better!

Budweiser13- thank you much appreciated. I love sharing with IC, we all need to continue the spread of information and have fun while doing it so there can be more premium smoke for all!

bigtimer7- thanks you also, has to look professional, if production is your goal you must treat it like a business and there is no other way to be imo.

ismokekush- thanks. Yeah this summer was one hell of a summer to grow in. Luckily I just moved to my new super secluded bat cave and have a 1700 sqft building to setup in. Excel Ac will be purchased in the coming month or two and I am saying goodbye to the great outdoors messing with my temps!