What's new

Purple turtles coco colloseum 1200w (DTW)

picture.php

after with 2 weeks and a bit left to go.
picture.php

picture.php

this is a pic from today day 48(flush begins)
picture.php

colli has is coming down in 3 days ,leaves are starting to turn from yellow to light green,and now to a deep purple hue,'definately an a+ for bag appeal and potency!!,its also the first time ive actualt managed to get some purpling...

picture.php

clones are revegging ,should still take a couple weeks to get going,there are 4 of them.

- managed to pickup another 5 by 5 tent and will be doing a V -SCROG with 2 stacked 600's in the next few weeks,(that should give me a bit of time to rest/get more clones up/and start round 2 of the colloseum,...theres still plenty of dialing to be done!!!:biggrin:,while i learn some lessons in the scrog department!

been doing a bit of research on designs and like ICHY style for v-scrogs (coco and drippers to the pot,2. came across the bonzo bucket ebb and flow design and THOUGHT hold on ,this is awesome!so will be trying to adapt HIS idea of the bucket design to a SQUARE SETUP around the bulb (4 PLANTS ,2 RESERVOIRS,
if anyone has ANY IDEAS,on how they would set it up or go about it id love to hear from you,as the next few WEEKS are the tinking and PLANNING weeks!might even go camping type sebatical.lol!

go read FREEDOM for bonz in the hydro section if you want to see how the system is built and runs.

peace

pt

heres a simple diagram of what im trying to work out.,i dunno whats best?
to have a overflow on each side where nutes gets pumped out,or just in the middle of the one pipe for each reservoir,or adapt to make the overflow at the top of the pot??

peace

picture.php

the reason the ebb and flow buckets is so enticing is because you wont have to worry about chillers,you can run the pump at cycles,and benefit from the swamp cooler effect as well as bennies and a filter,anything that combats the heat is good!and it will be fully automated ,if i cant figure this one out,'im hopping on the 'ichy bandwagon'.

Great looking plants...

I'm running Ichy screens over PPKs.. also no chillers to worry about.

Best of both worlds.

thnks!Second

The ichy screens are a MUST AND I WILL BE BUILDING some,had a peek at your setup with the 6 screens around the bulb,VERY neat and tidy ,i LIKE!.

Also i dont know or have much experience running the ppk's at all although i understand the concept behind it,.....IS there A difference BETWEEN the ppk's and just multiple top dtw feeds?besides the recirculating of the nutes?and wicking up?..when i think about it ,i water dtw to get some run-off with o2 and a flush each time...now is it easy to keep your ph and ec stable in the main FEED res while all the pulsing is going on?and nutes going back?

im wanting to set -up the coco drip lines but then automate and get rid-of of the watering each dtw cycle or pulse..thats what ive got experience with and feel safe doing.
:thank you:
purple.

SecondAttempt

pH/ec stability depends on nutes and media used. My pH and ec is stable after switching to Jack's and Turface (equivalent)... I would not reccomend a coco PPK, been here done that and it sucked.

I used to run DTW coco just like Ichy and that worked well too, so whatever you decide and are comfortable with there will be a way to do it. Screens are key though.

DAY 62 (chop time!)

DAY 62 (chop time!)

the plants have spent the last 25 hrs in the dark, its now day 62,and they are ready to be harvested..couple pics for you guys,.....then im back to trimming!its a two man team here,...me and my 78 year old granny,lol,bloods thicker than mud.

more pics once i get everything sorted out,so far this round looks good ,i know this strain very well,theres no larf,solid rock hard nugs from defolaition. this is definately over my goal,add another 5 day veg...?and you know ,anything is possible! , thanks all for the vibes!!!

justwactin,thanks a ton!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

For some reason i haven't been able to upload pics ,it just gets stuck,looks like a problem ive had before,will give it a bash again sometime in a few days.

Final dry weight :1476grams

cant wait to veg these girls,you always wish you had either vegged a little less or more in the end., again,sorry about the pics WILL try upload when i get a chance.

turtle.

O

otis33

nice haul! what was the wattage? 1800. I wish I had the time to build a coli.

That's an awesome setup and an awesome grow. The yield and the quality show the growers proof. Big ups to you Purp. I definitely am looking to get into vert, and until I can figure out ppk, I have my mind hell bent of stacking plants. Thinking of running in a 4x4 dr120. I have a 600 water I want to hang vertical, and only do a two tier with 4 maybe 5 on each rack. I am thinking of building the racks out of PVC, not the most cost effective but will work for taking down and transferring.
I just had a couple of questions for you in regards to the system.

What is your spacing on your rack levels?how deep are the racks? How big of pots did you use? How did you deal with run off? Would you be able pull the plants in another foot (as I have a 4x4 outer dimension) or would it be to hot for the plants?

Sorry I know I said only a couple. Any info would be great though.

Not a damn thing wrong with 1.23 gpw PT......

Respect....DHF....:ying:....

sensational PT...now that is how it is done...

That's an awesome setup and an awesome grow. The yield and the quality show the growers proof. Big ups to you Purp. I definitely am looking to get into vert, and until I can figure out ppk, I have my mind hell bent of stacking plants. Thinking of running in a 4x4 dr120. I have a 600 water I want to hang vertical, and only do a two tier with 4 maybe 5 on each rack. I am thinking of building the racks out of PVC, not the most cost effective but will work for taking down and transferring.
I just had a couple of questions for you in regards to the system.

What is your spacing on your rack levels?how deep are the racks? How big of pots did you use? How did you deal with run off? Would you be able pull the plants in another foot (as I have a 4x4 outer dimension) or would it be to hot for the plants?

Sorry I know I said only a couple. Any info would be great though.

thnks! for the +ve feedback,u guys are awesome.

SMOKADEPEP,no problem with the questions!:biggrin:
1.WHATS THE SPACING ON YOUR RACK LEVELS
- left a 3 inch gap starting from the bottom of the shelf so the panda gutter could fit in and not be sagging on the floor(i didnt use a reservoir at the bottom),and the run-off could flow to the catch -cup,which was emptied once a week or so.Then from the first shelf up,they were spaced a foot apart.(the next run i will start the first shelf a foot above the ground ,and then space them a foot apart,this way u can put a small rez or container for catching the run-off,and pipe it out your tent to dispose(rtw).
HOW DEEP ARE THE SHELVES

- theyre half a foot wide,the plants grow the rest of the foot(to the 4 foot radius mark) even maybe more up until 45cm to the bulb,should be fine.(just watch heat/humidity.

POT SIZE
(its realy hard keeping up with 2.5 lt pots under 600's when they sucking juice.)
next round i will use 5lt pots like originally planned in pic,(pot size was one of the limiting factors)
picture.php

i was on a tight budget first run,and would of rather used normal rain gutters for the runoff,which is something to consider ,much easier!just measure the gutter the same length to fit in just under the shelf and attach it with a bracket.FARMHOUSECATS JOURNAL has a nice pic tutorial of what im talking about ,just scroll threw vert section and you'l see.

Pvc is fine,im sure you can definatley make it work,i just prefer the wood because it can hold alot more weight, ,and you can also attach things/as well as staple to it!,( the gutters)(drippers).

i have a 3 by 3 rack side shelve built,wish i could upload the pic MAN,its 3 foot high,with 2 tiers ,and four of them fit in a 4 by 4 ,for a 600 or 400,as long as heat and airflow are controlled you'l be good.
Because of its height just elevate ur reservoir like mister d is doing ,and like bobble did in his 'grow',a little higher than the top shelf and pressure wont be a problem.

imo id say 4 plants per tier in 6lt pots with drippers and gutters attached .Get 2 reservoirs ,one reservoir for 2 sides or (16 plants ),then build and t -split the drip manifold so each side has 8 irrigation holes,attach the tubing neatly along the LENGTH of the shelf and pop in the feed tube tot he pot, copy for the other side and thats watering taken care of.In the actual gutter for run-off you drill a 1/4 inch or bigger hole if you like and can find the grommet to fit,at the end,and do this in both levels and connect with a pvc downpipe , and have that running into a collection bucket at the bottom.

:cry:no luck with my gallery still!dammitlol.

i will make an effort on the weekend to find an internet cafe,coz i think its my pc,upload, so you can see exactly what ive done!and talking about!

THKS
pt

Latest posts

Latest posts