What's new

Purple Strain Connoisseur

Purple Strain Connoisseur

• Total voters

hanfiking

IRay- that's right, sometimes, in fact most times when you are growing indoors plants don't turn
purple. Unless the purple Genetics are really strong in that strain it will be mostly up to a lucky
phenotype or just growing conditions to bring out the purple that a plant has in it naturally,
like less light and lower temperatures. there are some good posts in this thread describing
the science behind plants that naturally turn purple when the temps go down at the end of flowering.

Of all the female cannabis plants those that turn purple will have been selected for breeding so
they turn purple in the later stages of maturity even when the temperatures remain constant.
On the other hand some breeders throw away purple plants because they think these
phenos lack in quality or have deficiencies.
Most of the time you can tell if your plant is suffering from a nutrient deficiency that is causing
it's leaves to turn purple or whether they are genetically purple.

Maybe we could get some pictures showing a deficiency purple and then you can compare
it to the beautiful pictures in this thread.

There are some strains like the Kushes where you'll have mostly green and then one or 2
purples out of 10 in the same conditions. Another strain like Oldtimers purple haze is a hit
and miss purple or green but tends to go purple in colder temperatures.
I had a strain recently (purple Erdbeer x Blue Mystic) that was green during flowering and
went purple while curing probably as some of the proteins where being broken down as it
was drying.

Have fun browsing through the thread.

IRay

Hanfikng- Thanks, I thought as much. I have two purple strains going right now; PurpleTw/ and GDP. Neither one has turned purple and both are 30 days flowering. Beautiful pics everyone!

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
So what is a strong purple?

Why are they less potent than green bud?

I would love to get some purple for a cross but can't locate anything STRONG enough that can compare to its green counterpart, or I am just looking in the wrong places.

How is that Purple Wreck? The GDP I cannot locate for some reason BUT once the purple wreck goes back in stock I can snag that up. Would that be 1. PURPLE and 2. POTENT?

I do my thing inside so temps getting down might be a problem. I was thinking of setting up an ac for a grow room I am building up and then dropping the temps at night using that to bring out the purple in the plants. Is that a bad idea? I just don't care to grow outdoors for some reasons. I keep picturing anything and everything touching my bud, peeing on it and doing whatever else to it while it is in the wild lol... Inside, clean and how I like it.

hanfiking

There are many strong purple varieties just like there are many weak green strains and vice
versa. check out the list of purple I made in the middle somewhere and pick some out and
locate them on IC.

Yes dropping the temps during flowering is a bad idea. you should try and keep the temperatures
constant. I made the same mistake last year when the lights go out and the plants get cold
condense water settles in the buds when the lights come on again warming the flowers and
causing bud rot.
If it was outside then conditions would make it harder for mould to form.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
There are many strong purple varieties just like there are many weak green strains and vice
versa. check out the list of purple I made in the middle somewhere and pick some out and
locate them on IC.

Yes dropping the temps during flowering is a bad idea. you should try and keep the temperatures
constant. I made the same mistake last year when the lights go out and the plants get cold
condense water settles in the buds when the lights come on again warming the flowers and
causing bud rot.
If it was outside then conditions would make it harder for mould to form.

I wasn't meaning dropping them just to get cold at night but rather overall regulate the temps to run colder all around to help bring out the purple versus getting them outside. Trying to think of a way to "for sure" induce the purple to come out because right now I play in temps around 75 to 83 degrees and I doubt that will get me cold enough.

I def. don't want bud rot and will make sure not to play with the temps in a way of regular temps during the day and damn cold at night but rather a regulated but DROPPED down degree wise that hopefully will work for me.

That is one issue with me choosing a purple also, I would hate to have a great purple but not know it due to temps not being cold enough to bring its full colors out. Strength is a factor as well, I have had a couple purples and they were nothing amazing so I am hoping that "get that one" ends up being brought up more and more.

I will check out the many purples on IC for sure and hope I locate something worth growing out.

How's the purple wreck? worth running?
If there was legit purple haze running around I would odds are snag that up and just breed it to my super lemon haze and see where that goes. Odds are a decent flowering time for sure though lol.

greenatik

here's my list of fav purples from the area (in order)

grape ape
g13xhashplant
purple erkle
purple kush
'the purps'

g13 x hashplant (pic doesnt due it justice it was wayyy purple)

Attachments

• P1000202nugg.jpg
    P1000202nugg.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P1000208nugg3.jpg
    P1000208nugg3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 19

hanfiking

http://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=84&products_id=1770 this is as legit
an original purple haze as you will ever get nothing comes closer. I've made my
own seeds from this strain but kept them pure. It's your best bet.

You know it's hard to flick through this thread and not find the thing your
looking for. There are so many good purple strains or green strains that turned
purple that everyone here enjoyed.

I just started a new thread posing the question what is your worst strain. Hopefully
this will tell everyone what to avoid or even what to get if the features that some
don't like are to anothers liking.

hey ecr8d I've just put 3 purple widow seeds into the ground that looks sweet dude, very
nice to see what I might end up with cheers. Can you tell us more about it?
taste smells grow etc...

1000ARMSofKALI

anybody said purple haze?, heres rose-pepper inscense pheno of thaihazeskunk from Sam the skunkman, i suppose that its much more easy to grow than OThaze, but OT is pure for sure...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Wow, some beatiful killa purple in here! I missed it all along! Gonna go through the whole some time soon...

That Purple Widow from ecr8d and De Sjamann seeds got me off. Yum, man... Gotta get one of those packs.
And the above thaihazeskunk! Geez. Makes me wanna move my pack of those up in the schedule!

My purple aint that fat, but sticky they are and works well for sure!

Tastes ranged from deep, musky, sweet, creamy, flowery, spicy and just nice :)

Smell was like the above, more or less, with some uniqueness to it. Don't have any to sample, so maybe there were some differences...
But all in all it was aroma therapy for sure!

High was very nice, no heavy couchlocky, only if I let it, and maybe if overindulged, but good perma-grin kripple! Just nice, dreamy, floaty, but still allowing me to be realtively active.

Esbe' Erdpurt x (Purple Peace x Apollo 11)

Wannabe-macros

21663HP_087.jpg

21663HP_079.jpg

21663HP_095.jpg

8344erdpurt.jpg

21663HP_131-thumb.jpg

2004189486099495684_rs.jpg

Hindu Kush x Bubblegum

2004324409685051941_rs.jpg

6ae3c44f.jpg

2003564726404002591_rs.jpg

2002842314221038331_rs.jpg

2002803558686017176_rs.jpg

2005579097434066457_rs.jpg

2005553066506811982_rs.jpg

2004388154865177633_rs.jpg

21663HPIM0556.jpg

Half done with handtrimming:
21663HPfj_003.jpg

Maybe I got some more pix, if I find 'em, I'll post 'em!

Grow dat purp!

Peace

Last edited:

IRay

Quite_Riot- My god man, that is a monster bush you have growing there! How tall was that plant posted
'half done with hand trimming"?

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
IRay>> Thanks, man, had 3 of those HKxBG, more or less as big as the purple pheno, thats also the one on the handtrimmed pic, she was about 2,2-3 meters or over 7 feet tall. Kinda like the ones grown in NorCal, or so I've heard (-: But didn't yield as much as it would have there, of cause.. Heard the guys up there chop em down with chainsaws! Crazy! :-D

Nice Nancy, Bandit. Sparkly!

IRay

Quite_Riot- Chainsaws!!!! I've seen a couple fields up in Nor-Cal, Beautiful for sure! 7ft! A monster haha. Here's the biggest I ever got outdoors. Tangerine Tar
IMG_0214.jpg
[/IMG]

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Wow, you need a purple fix, this seems to be the place. I haven't grown enough strains that were as purple as some of these shown in this thread. Just outstanding. My favorite color... <<le sigh>>

Next life, grow the purple stuff MPD...

Lil purple

Lil purple

Bump for some purple! I wish I had my camera when I harvested my Sweet tooth, it was nice looking.... I didn't expect purple from these 2 strains but they showed up anyway!:yoinks:

Strawberry cough chopped today:
picture.php

chop chop!
picture.php

picture.php

Black Domina day 60:
picture.php

I need a better camera! BD flower:
picture.php

dam bandit i think i'm in love with nancy she looks sooooooo!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:fruity good pics bro.....:joint::joint::joint:

hey you asked me about my hydro purplekush from sr71 clone from 2008
what type of hydro, it was a 2x3 tub 5to6 inches in depth with 18gallon res evenflo fill and drain shit was so fruity she lasted 8 weeks of flower
and turned purple real late like last couple of weeks you know what means
reallllllllll purple strain. that was also my first time growing ever indoor or out door.

:yoinks::yoinks::woohoo::nanana::nanana::nanana::nanana::joint:

L

lalandia

Erdpurt x (leb27 x PTK)

099.jpg

091-1.jpg

138.jpg

174-1.jpg

176.jpg

073-2.jpg

Leb 27

170.jpg