What's new

Purple Kush Unit

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
bud ignitor big bud and overdrive are pk boosters kindof a 3 piece set that u use at different stages throughout flower. im on my 4th run with the bi in the mix and side by side plants with it have been noticablly larger and have much more budsites and r just a step ahead of the others early in flower. i would def reccomend it if u use AN products.
dude ur plants look amazin by the way

my expiriance that using overdrive burns my leaves and slows growth.i'm using big bud all the way till end

wow man, nice setup!!
your plants looking great!! :yes:
congrats!!
peace n grow!

thanks its all a game of fine tone and dailing it in

This is an exciting thread. my two favorite strains EVER. great grow man. I gotta get that cross.

we will see how it plays if theres enough to spred around ;) but first picks of the litter is HS and DG

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few questions for ya DG. When changing locations using different water. Do you adjust your feed program as far as nutes dosage or do you adjust PH?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I'll get you some day 16 shots of a few plants soon, and I'll hold off on my Phospoload until I take the photos.

My thoughts are these boosters can be great, but can also really stunt the PK if too much is applied. My current one that is a little too foxtaily may be too much Phospo for too long.

:joint:

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
A few questions for ya DG. When changing locations using different water. Do you adjust your feed program as far as nutes dosage or do you adjust PH?

i check the water to see ec levels and if its low then R/O is not needed..my top off water i pre ph before i add and i top off nutrients daily with about 100ml of each base nutrient

I'll get you some day 16 shots of a few plants soon, and I'll hold off on my Phospoload until I take the photos.

My thoughts are these boosters can be great, but can also really stunt the PK if too much is applied. My current one that is a little too foxtaily may be too much Phospo for too long.

clip up cant wait to see..i notice she looks like she has biggier buds when light is not strong on her its all fluff not solid buds so the tiny solid buds weigh more.i dont understand your foxtailing
on her lights may not be intence

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Just before lights on day 15 (standard tree named Droopy)
picture.php

Just before lights on day 14 (Super Scrog)
picture.php

Neither of them have had any PK booster yet. Phospoload to start soon.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
HS i dont see much of difference between the use of a booster at 14 days but at 19 days theres a big difference in size.tomorrow makes 20 days for 20 gal room and will post some pics on how much they grown..tomorrow is 15 days for 10 gal and look like your pic.i would like to see your 20 day pic to compair somewhat.i'm starting to beleave in the boosters guess it kicks in after 14 days? but maybe its the Big Bud booster doing it because few days later its on and popin.Big Bud is mixed after two weeks of flower and i plan on using it till last day before flushing i'm not stoping 2 weeks before flush and adding OverDrive for the last 2 weeks its big bud all the way home.hopefuly my therry is right and they swell more this time...i been working on my own feeding schedule

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
interesting i would love to see if overdrive is the issue i get alot of yellow leaves at the end and it seems to start right with overdrive replacin bb, hope that solves the issue i just wish i didnt buy a gallon of od, do u use big bud at the reccomend doseage or use it much lighter, i noticed the lable says like 20ml per gal 5ml per liter, if ya usin powdr nevermind.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
HS i dont see much of difference between the use of a booster at 14 days but at 19 days theres a big difference in size.tomorrow makes 20 days for 20 gal room and will post some pics on how much they grown..tomorrow is 15 days for 10 gal and look like your pic.i would like to see your 20 day pic to compair somewhat.i'm starting to beleave in the boosters guess it kicks in after 14 days? but maybe its the Big Bud booster doing it because few days later its on and popin.Big Bud is mixed after two weeks of flower and i plan on using it till last day before flushing i'm not stoping 2 weeks before flush and adding OverDrive for the last 2 weeks its big bud all the way home.hopefuly my therry is right and they swell more this time...i been working on my own feeding schedule

I think it comes down to part of your arsinal, your plants have always been top notch. I don't think it is one nute or the other it is your attention and zen management of the ladies. The best way to tell is for me to run one with standard mix and one with standard + booster. I think I'll do this with this run.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
interesting i would love to see if overdrive is the issue i get alot of yellow leaves at the end and it seems to start right with overdrive replacin bb, hope that solves the issue i just wish i didnt buy a gallon of od, do u use big bud at the reccomend doseage or use it much lighter, i noticed the lable says like 20ml per gal 5ml per liter, if ya usin powdr nevermind.

OverDrive burns my leaves everytime..i use big bud at the dose from their nutrient calculator from their website at full strength.i got powder this time because i think is stonger and has a better shelf life

this is my last chart but at the end notice i mix big bud and overdrive and that threw off my ph they cant mix together trial and eror so is the only thing that need to be corrected use big bud and stop and use overdrive or just big bud all the way,great chart this is for 96 gallon rez just do the math off of my numbers to your res size
by the way this is big bud liquid on this chart if you give me your res size i can do the math for you

this is 96gallon res
picture.php

here is the one without mixing big bud and overdrive together the way it should be mix.put them together and its all hell i did it for two days and had to flush and just do overdrive
chart for last PK grow

picture.php

new chart for current PK grow list got smaller as i studie the product line more i find new ways to feed

picture.php

Last edited:

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
I think it comes down to part of your arsinal, your plants have always been top notch. I don't think it is one nute or the other it is your attention and zen management of the ladies. The best way to tell is for me to run one with standard mix and one with standard + booster. I think I'll do this with this run.

thanks i know what you mean but i think good food equals better health

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Just before lights on day 15 (standard tree named Droopy)
picture.php

Just before lights on day 14 (Super Scrog)
picture.php

Neither of them have had any PK booster yet. Phospoload to start soon.

Beautiful plants... are those mites I see.. if so.. better think about them now.. they can travel fast through a nice tight garden like that!

Well done on the growing and i'm off to google some BI hahaha!!
Peace!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
yea dg that last chart is approx what im runnin i run seperate 5 gal buckets so i rounded ur 96 gal res up to 100 for simple math purposes and it broke down to bout the same formula, except i also use kushi kush and factorX week 4-6 since i got it still left over. imm still undecided if im goin to replace them. thanks again for postin that chart im sure its gonna help tons of ppl.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love this strain. Nice job keep it up I'm tagged. I have to try this type of growing. There has to be a way to incorporate Organics into this type of grow? I have only done Organic soil

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
ya can do hydro organics but from my experiance ive always had easier runs with a organic chem combo, certain thing in this mix are organic others arent i would say im bout 50 50 . my experiance with organic base nutes was that my plants were more suceptible to problems ie root rot bugz etc. mainly due to enviroment, but plants with chem or a mix can put up with alot more shit and enviromental changes. but im far from a pro like dg and dont have a chiller, iguana juice is organic so is mother earth, imo in hydro organics is more work and probs and less yield, but im sure others will disagree.
keep killin it DG

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Beautiful plants... are those mites I see.. if so.. better think about them now.. they can travel fast through a nice tight garden like that!

Well done on the growing and i'm off to google some BI hahaha!!
Peace!

Yes I am the infected dirty cousin of ICmag. The 1.5gal of TakeDown have been mixed. I've had mites for years and don't like using poison so I only use the plant derived pesticides. I've given mites to several members of ICmag. They love the PK so much it is worth having to kill the little buggers.

The good news is that I win the war even if I lose a few battles.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I love this strain. Nice job keep it up I'm tagged. I have to try this type of growing. There has to be a way to incorporate Organics into this type of grow? I have only done Organic soil

George Smiley does a great organic soil version of this genetic.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
ya can do hydro organics but from my experiance ive always had easier runs with a organic chem combo, certain thing in this mix are organic others arent i would say im bout 50 50 . my experiance with organic base nutes was that my plants were more suceptible to problems ie root rot bugz etc. mainly due to enviroment, but plants with chem or a mix can put up with alot more shit and enviromental changes. but im far from a pro like dg and dont have a chiller, iguana juice is organic so is mother earth, imo in hydro organics is more work and probs and less yield, but im sure others will disagree.
keep killin it DG

hammerhead,stoney is right on i use both i can controll things better like hydrosun said smilly is the organic grower so maybe he can light your path

Yes I am the infected dirty cousin of ICmag. The 1.5gal of TakeDown have been mixed. I've had mites for years and don't like using poison so I only use the plant derived pesticides. I've given mites to several members of ICmag. They love the PK so much it is worth having to kill the little buggers.

The good news is that I win the war even if I lose a few battles.

LOL funny as shit

Latest posts

Latest posts