What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Kush and White Widow. First Grow!!!

growermatt1

RO water not no water.
lime IME only needs to be added to reused peat based soil-less media as peat breaks down fairly acidic. You don't want to bring down the ph of your medium as it is within the right range straight out the bag. You might want to add some perlite for aeration.
peace

lordbudly

Veteran
reverse osmossed, its a way to purify the water, but RO wouldnt be the best for all your waterings unless you want to mess around with calcium and calmag and stuff, but for flushing it would be just great. :nono:

Y

YwouldntI

ok this what i'd do...just my 2 cents.i'd water with plain water like youve been advised.then id wait a few and transplant into a bigger container if you have the room.
if not youll be o.k...if you just take care not to overfeed them now.by overfeed i mean when you add ur nutes not just plain water...like i go water water feed,water water feed.that way their isnt a big nute build up and lockout.
ur plants arent in bad shape at all bro you just need to watch the ph level,and the airation of the soil.
the perlite will help with airation and the lime will act as a ph stabiliser.
theres afew bomb ass soil threads in the stickies in the organic soil forums bro.check out blazeoneups mix it works the bomb for everyone that uses it and you only need strait wate rall the way through harvest ,the mix is that bad ass bro.
check out his thread too you'll see it in action.alotta peeps swear by it bro,and if i didnt already have my mx down or if i ever know i'll be out of town and lady -Y- gonna have to do things,that will be the mix i use for her...
peace -Y-

the 3 little guys have these little brown spots on them. and litghly yellowing. i think its a mg def. and i definitly think its time to start feeding these guys.

growermatt1

FreshGreenThumb said:
the 3 little guys have these little brown spots on them. and litghly yellowing. i think its a mg def. and i definitly think its time to start feeding these guys.
hey,
that's probably ph spotting, it will fix itself when you correct the nutrient imbalance.
peace

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
FreshGreenThumb said:
ph to low or high. prob to high. correct and fix itself

Y

YwouldntI

yeah bro,good advice is already givin,get a ph tester a pen if you can.sometimes you dont even realize how much of a roll the ph plays.especialy when ur just startin out.ya tend to be like ahhh its prolly cool.then you'll se the bad effects of it and wont know what it is...kinda like now ;)
even sometimes i get lazy about it and then i see them actin funny and i already know its cause i been lazy...its easier to just check it and less work in the long run too.on ur next run you can get some dolomitelime and keep i in check easier...read up in the soil forums in the stickys lotta info there bro.and in the infirmary,that way you can see other peeps problems and read how the fixed it and if you get that problem you know what it is and what to do.peace -Y-

update!!! day 25 in veg

update!!! day 25 in veg

So 25 days in veg. Looking good. they are all growing. The widow and the little purples and the widow are growing fast. The bigger purple kush have just gotten through shock and getting stronger and growing at a steady rate.
pk1.

pk2.

pk3.

Update!!!

Update!!!

Hey whats going on everyone. I must say im loving waking up to the new veg smell. one of my lights went out for a day but it left 1 light on. SO all is well with the ladies. I ended up decided to top ONE of the white widows so just so the comparison of buds. All the purple kush are full and healthy. All the plants are just taking off. and the funniest part is the smallest 3 have the thickest stems. We are on the 2nd week of full feeding. at about 300 ppm. using only the botinicare grow, bloom for soil, and liquid karma. I switched the lighting cycle to 18 6. I also topped all the purple kush's tops today. forgive the lame pictures. its my birthday in 2 weeks so will have a nice camera.... enjoy

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good FGT , so did ya get a ph tester yet bro?
taggin up right quick yo.
peace.-Tonatiuh-