What's new

Purple Afghan x Cheese F1

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He looks like a great male, excellent branching for sure....cant wait to see how the offspring turn out.
Peace

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Beauty males expecially last seems very strong !! did their eggs get purp ?? or.. have you got any photo from this male finishing flowering?? :rasta:

G

Hiya Ras

Yes, this male had purple flowers, I only kept him in flowering long enough for him to drop some pollen, then I cut him back and put him back into veg. Due to a mistake on my part caused my not flushing properly, he died. The flowers were only lightly purple with purple stripes, but I am sure if he was allowed to flower fully, he would have been deep purple like the females. Apart from the colour, this line is fairly truebreeding, all the plants having similar yield, potency and taste, but it was obvious in veg which plants were purple and which green by the colouring on their petioles, stems and leaf veins, and this male was the only one of the three with any purple. There were two different purple phenos, both had superb yield and were very deeply purple throughout the buds, the differences were in bud structure and colouration, one being a darker purple, the other a magenta purple, the taste was very similar, the darker one being a touch sweeter. So whichever of the two purple phenos this male belonged to, he is likely to have passed on colouration and good yield.

Here is the plant that is under 24/0 of fluoros, has branched nicely since the topping. It is 24 days old now and no sign of preflowers yet, but should be appearing soon. I am even more sure this is the Purple Afghan pheno now as it strongly resembles that parent.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

G

Here is the other plant, the one that has been in 12/12 since sprouting, now 24 days old and just beginning to flower. Side branching is only just starting to develop. Looks like she will only be a short plant, but this is just a quick test grow so not looking for a large yield. As she matures, I see some more Purple Afghan influence in her, perhaps this is the 50/50 pheno, doesn't look much like Skunk #1 (Cheese) to my eyes.

DSCF0102.jpg

DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Woow!!! nice BH very pretty they are Purp.Afghan x Cheese isnt it?? Excuse I dont understand english very well :spank:

So this male died??:confused: ...This purp. afghan is a nice plant BH ( how many times I telled to you??hahahaha) work it!! :rasta:

Jah Guide

Last edited:
G

Hiya Ras

You are correct, Purple Afghan x Cheese. Sadly the male Purple Afghan died, I think due to salt build-up in the coco, not sure.

I understand your English perfectly well, it is much better than my Spanish!

kenzler

British Hempire I look forward to this grow mate :)

I just finished reading the Purple Afghan Thread and i loved them :)

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
You know im in the house bro :lurk: Im not down with popcorn, but instead them sativa buds you grow mon´ :D

However, this cross sounds like a winner if you are after decent potency/yield/fast floweringtime :yes:

P

puma

hey BH nice cross, she should be a nice one for sure.i'm going to run some BERRY BASTARD next run its a cross of BLACKBERRY AFGHANI X PURPLE BASTARD......

the blackberry afie was done by twisted pasion and the purple bastard was done by jaws...

G

Hiya guys, thanks for stopping by. That sounds like an interesting cross you have there Puma, love to see some pics of that one when it's done.

I have sent out some seeds of the pure Purple Afghan and Purple Afghan x Cheese to some good folks we all know in Spain and Denmark, so hoping to see these genes growing elsehwere before long. If the feedback is good, I'll make a bigger batch of seeds to share around.

P

puma

hey bh i got some cheese x's oger S1 have not ran any yet but maybe some day....

nowa days its a clusterf*** trying to deside what to grow next, i have 39 strains with kush in them and 32 strains with some type of diesel in them....

iv'e got a couple sr71 purple kush and some sour kush i've been wanting to try out but doubt they will get a run this next run...

webolism

BH Love your plants...Been having problems with my nutes...Using 60/40 blend of happy frog and perelite. Cal mag...Sweet...And Flora Nova Veg formula...I wanted to be organic in the soil but found out that Flora nova was chem....Can you please help me with my nutes.....Retropit

G

Hiya Puma, thatks for popping in. Cheese x Oger's sounds good to me, I also have a Cheese x Yumbolt cut that is suposed to be really good, I've made a vow to start no more seeds for indoors for 3 or 4 months at least. I have run out of space, the Pope Sativas, G13 x OG Kush, Dark Kush etc. to replace my current flowering plants are getting too big for the little cupboards they are in, and I'm desperate to get them into flower so I have somewhere to put my clones and mothers! But I have so many seeds I desperately want to grow! I have somewhere between 450 and 500 different lines in seed form now, I have about a dozen seedlines I have promised to test grow for folks, so gotta find room for those over the next year, it's gonna be 3-4 months before I;ve flowered all the plants i have now, and that is without running any of the cuts I;ve got that I;m itching to try - Jamaican Kentish Creme, Cheese x Yumbolt, El Yucateca Mexican, Flo, Smelly One, Trainwreck and a couple more. ****, I need a coupla 600s and a proper growroom! lol Actually, I might be moving in a few weeks to a new place where can turn a bedroom into a growroom with full permission of the landlord, and the will accept the rent paid in buds rather than cash, so I'm seriously thinking about it.

That sr71 has been mentioned a few times as being special, love to see some pics of your kushes sometime, only cali 'kush' I've grown was the Abusive OG cut, which is not bad, potnt and frosty, but lacking in taste and smell, pretty bland, but I liked it for nighttimes, just smoked the last lil nug last night and snapped a coupla shots before it was all gone. I haven't kept her as a mother but I shared the cut with friends so I can always get her back.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

Hiya webolism. I really wouldn't worry about not being 100% organic, the Flora Nova will have some mineral solts, which may be from natural sources such as ureic nitrogen from urea (cow's piss usually), whatever the case, you can grow great pot with it and then get osme organic nutes for your next run. I've used the Ionic, Canna, Atami, Hesi and Advanced Nutrients ranges, none of which are organic and all worked really well. More recently I've used the Bio-bizz and Plagron organic ranges, also with good results. Only differences I have been able to notice between inorganic and organic is that it is a little harder to burn the plants from overfeedign with organics and I have the peace of mind of knowing I'm organic, apart from that, no difference.

I can recommend the Bio-bizz organic range and Plagron AlgaGrow and Algabloom, both worked great for me. You have some different products available in the US to us here in Europe, so better to get some suggestions from US folk who have used them, but I've heard good things about the Earh Juice and Mother Nature organic products.

What problems are you having with the Flora Nova nutes? Fox Farm soils aren't sold in the UK, so I;m nto familiar with Happy frog, did a quick google and

G

The two Purple Afghan x Cheese are now 31 days old from seed. The one that has been in 12/12 from sprouting has stretched a bit and has a clawed leaf, which is usually a sign of overfert, but it's not all the fan leaves, and it;s mostly on one side of the plant, which is wierd.

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

She is starting to produce some side branches now, and I think the stretch is caused by low light levels rather than genetics.

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

Last edited:
P

puma

yup hb thats exactly where i'm at with the seeds, i have 100's of strains and 1000's of seed and so many i want to try but i'm very limited in how many i can grow at one time.....

i'm at about ten total now and that kinda over fills my 2x4 area so i like to end up with say 6/7 good females....i run 800w of light in there which gives me a total of 100wpsqf so i'm really happy with that....

before i left a few months back i pretty much had my pic of clones from the chems to the kush from the grape ape to the urk and pretty much any/everything inbetween and it was pretty FNcool.....

umm now i think i will just run some seeds for awhile, i'm having a really hard time getting away from the purps i have several strains that go purp and some i've been told do so i'm kinda stuck right now HAHAHAHA....

the BERRY BASTARD will indeed be/go purp both parents were purple, the mother was done by a friend and I did the father so its a lock with that one...pretty interrested to see the phenos from this one....

i have a name for the next seed's from me and i have the mother strain picked all i need now is to find and match a really good heavy yielding father to go with the purple color....i think i have just the one but will need to think on it for a bit..

i have a lot of kush to play with but just hate the "HATE" in the kush threads, a short list of kush i have in seed form...

sr71 purp kush
wonder kush
sour diesel kush
abusive kush
double kush
elvis kush
super silver kush
master kush
sour kush
purp kush
bubba kush
lemon kush
pine tar kush

and another 26 mixes and hybrids of kush so yup i have a hard time picking something for real....

i ordered a laptop the other day so i should have my own by Xmas, and at that time if managment has the pic issue fixed up i'll put up a few picks of the bubba chunk i have...

G

Sounds liek you have you hands full. I reckon you could probably fit a few more plants under 800w, but it's all a matter of grow style, I personally prefer a sort of SOG style so I can grow as many strains as possible. I'm hoping to have either a single 600w or a pair of 400w and 18-24 sq feet to play with soon. Which means I'll probably SOG 18-14 plants, single cola with minimal veg.

The other PA x Cheese that has been vegging since sprouting is doing really nicely. Topped multiple times and has grown really bushy. It is obvious that this is the PA pheno now with purple stems and petioles, the leaves are also similar, perhaps a tad thinner blades. No sign of preflowers yet, but praying it's female and has purple buds, which looks likely.

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

P

puma

hey bh now thats a nice vegged out plant my friend!!!, i hope she a SHE for ya brother...

iv'e subed to this thread so i'll be watching your progress untill harvest...

i rarely have Question's i'm mainly a comment type guy.

i see your a multi tasker very nice.

B

BeAn

I think this cross is gonna be great, looking forward to seeing the results. :lurk:

Nice wrok BH.. :joint: